• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Previous asms in decomps

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Ive been getting into this decomp thing just recently bc it seems fun, been doing binary for a while. But i do have some questions i just havent gotten the answers to.

One code for binary hacking i just couldnt live without was custom wildbatttles with custom iv and shiny .. was wondering if anybody can point out how to add this fearure to a decomp..thanks!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Thanks for replying so quick. As i mentioned, the custom wildbattle with shiny and customs iv is something i couldnt live without on a fire red hack...im recently into this comp so i have no idea how to even implement anything you replied with, but i really appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    The flag_force_shinies is not something located in the emerald-expansion "according to the compiler" so I couldnt add the setcustomwildbattle command with shinyness parameter....ALSO after trying it out, nothing happens even with no errors I cant get the battle to start, I think I need a way of starting the wild battle kinda like setwildbattle has dowildbattle........this setcustomwildbattle needs a docustomwildbattle but how? any pointers lunos?

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    The flag_force_shinies is not something located in the emerald-expansion "according to the compiler" so I couldnt add the setcustomwildbattle command with shinyness parameter....
    Replace the usages of that flag with P_FLAG_FORCE_SHINY instead, and make sure to assign a valid, unused flag to the P_FLAG_FORCE_SHINY config present in include/config/pokemon.h.
    ALSO after trying it out, nothing happens even with no errors I cant get the battle to start, I think I need a way of starting the wild battle kinda like setwildbattle has dowildbattle........this setcustomwildbattle needs a docustomwildbattle but how? any pointers lunos?
    It doesn't need a custom command, dowildbattle works just fine.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Replace the usages of that flag with P_FLAG_FORCE_SHINY instead, and make sure to assign a valid, unused flag to the P_FLAG_FORCE_SHINY config present in include/config/pokemon.h.

It doesn't need a custom command, dowildbattle works just fine.
    worked like a charm, not sure why it didnt work before when all i did was remove the shiny parameter and anything else that referenced the shiny part...almost as if I NEED to have it.

Back