• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Merchandise] Prima Guides

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Prima Games - Bulbapedia

Does anybody have a collection of these, or memories from when they were a child? In the UK some of them seem to have been published under different labels.

I had no idea they existed until about a week ago when I decided to buy backups of all my Pokémon games (Gen III-V) and complete Gen III-V too. Since discovering them I've expanded my game-buying to Gen VII and I've already snapped up both Sword & Shield Guides, Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon, Diamond / Pearl, 10th Anniversary Pokédex, and Platinum and BW guides! (The latter were under-researched and might not include the posters).

Years
  • They're very familiar and I feel like I may have had one of these, possibly for RS. I used a guide to figure out how to get the Regis back then and carried it around pretty much everywhere. Crazy but awesome to think they are still making them today! If I had space I would definitely collect these, always loved strategy guides and the awesome art in them. <3

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    They're very familiar and I feel like I may have had one of these, possibly for RS. I used a guide to figure out how to get the Regis back then and carried it around pretty much everywhere. Crazy but awesome to think they are still making them today! If I had space I would definitely collect these, always loved strategy guides and the awesome art in them. <3

No they stopped making them. Prima got bought, SwSh were the last ones (and I got a set, even though I don't own a Switch yet haha). Just another digital content farm by the look of their site :(

But yeah the artwork is cool, I always wondered where sites got it all from. I got the Regi knowledge through word of mouth, probably six degrees from someone who owned the guides!

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    Yeah, I remember getting some of the Prima Guides when I was younger. I distinctly remember the one for X and Y having missing pictures in it and not being that helpful. I think I also had FuturePress' guidebook for Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness as well.

Years
  • Yeah I got some when I was younger, the only Pokémon one I still have though is the Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee guide. I personally love physical guidebooks, they're fun to collect and look through. I enjoy the artwork too.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    So the collection is going extremely well! The only one I need is the very rare Gold, Silver & Crystal Guide / Pokédex (and a couple of editions with posters).

Everyone's trying to sell in bulk, which means I've ended up with two versions of FireRed / LeafGreen. Generally I've been impressed by the level of content, but something went wrong: 1's post-game is just showing you how to get the Legendary Birds, whilst the other covers the entire Sevii Islands quest!

Back