• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] DSMap Beta -> april fools joke...

Do you like this joke?

• Yes, of course.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • No, I hate april fools jokes.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • No, I really think, there is a DSMap out...

Votes: 14 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
    designing the interface (like how we select objects) would probably be the hardest part.
    I've not actually opened the map files with the hex editor yet, (busy with another tool ), but really i think we need to perfect map viewing before we try editing, otherwise, we might mess up some data we really shouldn't (without knowing it of course :P)

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
    Years
    I did a pencil sketch of what I think the viewer would look like. What to you guys think?

Spoiler:

I know that is not accurate or complete but its a start i guess

EDIT: Ok this is pointless. You can't see much in my picture so i'll do a new version of the image on my computer.

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
    um...this is getting off topic, maybe you should post that in the PG4map thread?
    although i'm pretty sure that the guy said something to the effect of "this is only intended to be a viewer" he might look at it. and you seem to have missed what i meant by interface. by "interface" i meant things like object selection and what not.

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    Regardless, we have to look at this in a great way.

Just because Lu-Ho had to do an April Fools joke, it just shows that he probably doesn't have the ability to make one. Once a member actually makes a legit one, he will just get left back in the dust because of this.

Only time will tell.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Lol a good joke never the less

But humanguy2000 nice idea of tryin to make it i like the sketch
    and keep at it

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I just hate April fools, first the Fake Prism beta, now this!? I really wanted to hack Platinum, and I hate hex editing, it's too confusing

Well, it is actually completely Impossible to edit maps in the 4th gen games due to the 3d graphics, and the hexes are too complicated, you would have to be a rocket scientist to understand them (not a TEAM rocket scientist, don't be an idiot), if someone tried to make one, it would take more than 3 years just to make it, even with multiple people, by that time, it will already be generation 6 (and I am not falling for that 2010 bullsh*t, as IT IS NOT REAL), actually, all the tools for gen 4 are too simple, they only edit simple things such as trainers and Pokemon stats and movesets, things I am not intrested in

Well, guess I will have to stick with the hell known as FireRed (stupid primitive Gen 3 graphics and data)

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Well, it is actually completely Impossible to edit maps in the 4th gen games due to the 3d graphics, and the hexes are too complicated, you would have to be a rocket scientist to understand them (not a TEAM rocket scientist, don't be an idiot), if someone tried to make one, it would take more than 3 years just to make it, even with multiple people, by that time, it will already be generation 6 (and I am not falling for that 2010 bullsh*t, as IT IS NOT REAL),
    Super Mario 64 DS.

Anything is possible.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I just hate April fools, first the Fake Prism beta, now this!? I really wanted to hack Platinum, and I hate hex editing, it's too confusing

Well, it is actually completely Impossible to edit maps in the 4th gen games due to the 3d graphics, and the hexes are too complicated, you would have to be a rocket scientist to understand them (not a TEAM rocket scientist, don't be an idiot), if someone tried to make one, it would take more than 3 years just to make it, even with multiple people, by that time, it will already be generation 6 (and I am not falling for that 2010 bullsh*t, as IT IS NOT REAL), actually, all the tools for gen 4 are too simple, they only edit simple things such as trainers and Pokemon stats and movesets, things I am not intrested in

Well, guess I will have to stick with the hell known as FireRed (stupid primitive Gen 3 graphics and data)

OBJECTION! I present to you; this! It's an NDS texture editor. Although it may not be very powerful or useful yet, it's certainly possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back