• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return of Megas. (Hopes)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • With the new game being announced and megas pretty much being confirmed to return, what pokemon are you all wanting to see to get Megas?
    From what we know, I believe Milotic and Flygon were originally supposed to get Megas, but the artists confirmed that they just could not get the design right. I think now we will get them.

This is more spoilerly so I will put this in spoilers.
    Spoiler: Highly Possible

Other pokemon... of course I'd love to see Greninja's Ash Greninja be converted to a Mega instead of a Battle Bond. But if they continue that, I'd love to see Fenniken and Chespin getting Megas or Battle Bond.
    I think what ever starters we get will also have Megas as well as maybe regional variants.

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
    Years
  • I think I speak for most people when I say I'm really hoping we actually get Mega Flygon this time around.

other than that, I'd like to see more gen 5/6 mons get their own Megas. perhaps mons like Sigilyph, Beheeyem, Clawitzer, and Dragalge.

Years
  • I'd just like to see them hand them to underwhelming Pokemon that actually need them instead of Pokemon that are already strong and don't... which is like 80-90% of the existing megas.

Pokemon like Meowstic, Pyroar, Heliolisk, Malamar, Klefki, Vivillon, Diggersby.

Years
  • I may be alone in this, but I think Furfrou could have a really cool mega if the effort was put into it. Would be especially cool if its appearance changed based on the trim - I'd probably use it!

Otherwise, also wanting Flygon, Florges, and the Kalos fossils!

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I know people are talking about new Megas, and I definitely want to see those too, but I've just been excited at the possibility of using Mega Mawile and/or Mega Banette again, I love them so much...

I'd just like to see them hand them to underwhelming Pokemon that actually need them instead of Pokemon that are already strong and don't... which is like 80-90% of the existing megas.

I agree completely! Some of my favourite Megas are for Pokemon that were never that great but became incredibly powerful through Mega Evolution. I'd love to see something new on the same power level of Mega Kangaskhan or Mawile.

I'd love to see new Megas for Malamar, Hawlucha, Tyrantrum/Aurorus, Gourgeist, and just for laughs, Klefki! They're all Pokemon I think are really cool, or could be made more interesting with an extra evolution.

If we actually got a Mega Charizard Z I think I'd snap my Switch in half but y'know that's neither here nor there

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I do agree that I hope a number of megas we get will be pokemon underused and more desired like what happened with some exampled already said. I will say that I hope pokemon who need an evolution first will get an evolution instead of a mega. I personally don't like seeing pokemon with 300 or 400 stats get a mega and still be fairly weak. That being said, some other pokemon I'd love to see get megas...

A lot of Kalos pokemon. It baffled me that not a single Kalos pokemon except Diancie got a mega evolution. It didn't make any sense to me. How can pokemon from Kalos not get a single mega evolution? Some specifically, Gogoat, Pangoro, Agieslash, Pyroar, Noivern and Treverant. Those are my favorites in Kalos.

Others... Krokodile, Braviary, Sawsbuck (have the form include all four seasons at once), Floatzel, Skutank, Purugly, Tropias, Flygon, Milotic, Torkoal, Sunflora, Belossom, Vilplume. I am sure there are many more I'd love to see, but none coming to mind atm.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Feels more optimistic on the right Pokemon getting megas. Chose several pretty good ones before. Spoilered the full list below.

Spoiler: List of All Megas

Shuffled the order a little. Put them in rough groups (3 to 4 total), but not exact order. Stuck weaker base forms near the top, based on perception. Placed the legendaries near the bottom.

Mega Beedrill
    Mega Pidgeot
    Mega Lopunny
    Mega Kangaskhan
    Mega Abomasnow
    Mega Audino
    Mega Steelix
    Mega Houndoom
    Mega Sableye
    Mega Mawile
    Mega Aggron
    Mega Medicham
    Mega Manectric
    Mega Sharpedo
    Mega Camerupt
    Mega Banette
    Mega Absol
    Mega Glalie
    Mega Altaria
    Mega Ampharos
    Mega Gardevoir
    Mega Gallade
    Mega Pinsir
    Mega Slowbro
    Mega Heracross
    Mega Venusaur
    Mega Charizard X
    Mega Charizard Y
    Mega Blastoise
    Mega Sceptile
    Mega Blaziken
    Mega Swampert
    Mega Alakazam
    Mega Garchomp
    Mega Lucario
    Mega Gengar
    Mega Gyarados
    Mega Aerodactyl
    Mega Salamence
    Mega Metagross
    Mega Scizor
    Mega Tyranitar
    Mega Mewtwo X
    Mega Mewtwo Y
    Mega Latias
    Mega Latios
    Mega Rayquaza
    Mega Diancie
    Primal Groudon
    Primal Kyogre

Will some legendaries and other good Pokemon get megas? Yes, almost certainly. Guesses Mega Dragonite, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde on that front.

Would like to see Megas for Luxray, Castform (or an evolution), Hitmonchan, Zangoose, Ribombee, and Palossand. Accepts some weak Pokemon like Hypno, Sunflora, and so on getting a new lease on life too. Laughs at something silly like Mega Cramorant too. Imagines something hydra-like.

Edit: Forgot the primals on the mega list.

Last edited:

Ben Resolute

Forum surfer since 2012
    Days
  • I'd just like to see them hand them to underwhelming Pokemon that actually need them instead of Pokemon that are already strong and don't... which is like 80-90% of the existing megas.

I love the idea of updating existing Kalos Pokemon with Megas. Definitely fits very well with the Legends theming

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • I'd like-
    Mega Dragonite. I feel Dragonite is left out of all the gimmicks, despite deserving them, so Dragonite could work well as a Mega
    Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja are some starters I really like and they'd all fit really well with Megas! I really don't know why they didn't do that in the first place lol
    Xerneas and Yveltal are for the same reasons as the Starters
    Mega Charizard Z is something I'm really looking forward to! I feel it'd just be a really cool Pokémon and have an awesome design
    Flygon is the Pokémon that should've gotten a Mega this whole time, but we all know what happened. It'd be really nice!
    Pyroar, Florges, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Heliolisk, Sylveon, Goodra, and Talonflame are all Gen 6 Pokémon I like and think deserve a Mega!

Years
  • I hope they follow the line of Pokemon Legends Arceus, where some forgotten pokemon got an "upgrade", like quilfish, Stantler and Basculin. So, I'd say something like this, but I also want the new Megas to be a bit better than the ones of gen 6, meaning that I'd like to see some actually useful Megas. So, I hope they think the megas properly.

I don't have any particular pokemon in mind, but yeah maybe Dragonite and Flygon. Also some new pokemon, from like gen 7 or 8. Not sure about gen 9.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Now can we have Mega Flygon? ZA would be the perfect opportunity to finally implement it, even for just 1 game. Still remembering how Sugimori had artist's block back then.

Days
  • Definitely Floatzel, obviously. Flygon definitely deserves one, as well as Machamp and Hawlucha. Mega Evolutions for whatever starters we get, Aegislash, Sylveon (and the other Eevee evolutions), Kingdra, Noivern, and Ditto. Ditto would be an interesting mega evolution. Maybe Smeargle too...?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Anyone who's counterpart got a mega should also be expected to get one. So basically things like Butterfree, Slowking, Froslass etc. should all get mega evos because their counterpart got one.

And yes, Flygon too. They literally said they got artists block before designing that one.

Also I firmly believe Dragonite's mega stone would be simply just called a 'Dragite'.

I also concur with the idea that megas should also be given to the 'weaker' and 'outclassed' final forms.

Days
  • If they do have a Mega Charizard Z, they'll probably have a Mega Mewtwo Z too, because they had X and Y versions for him in X and Y. (Fingers crossed we don't get either)

Years
  • I wish to finally get Mega-Crobat that we deserved in ORAS.
    He's perfect, i mean, he's a three stage evolution with very good stats overall and mega could help boost that Atk., which together with that speed could make him OP

Back