• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] RP Friendships!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Trying to start a wholesome talk topic here 😊

It's usually a given that roleplaying with other people is a great way to make friends, but I'm curious to know- how did that go for you? Has it been an important part of your motivation to keep writing, has it impacted your roleplaying, has it allowed for personal growth... or maybe not, or not as much as it did for others?
    Do you also remember some roleplays, posts, situations that let you create or strengthen these bonds? Maybe a friendship between two characters becoming a friendship between two writers?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Often, RPing together makes players become friends, I find c: Having fun with a particular RP group is a big part of what motivates me to keep writing. Conversely, not vibing with a group can put a damper on the whole experience for sure.

As for IC, in forum RPing my chars have become good friends with other PCs sometimes but I've often found that the pace is too slow to make it feel meaningful... playing DnD is better in that sense. You get to RP live in voice and have conversations that feel more natural since it happens, well, live. Efficient JPing can emulate it I suppose, but I still have had better relationships develop through voice-RP than text RP, I think.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Ohhh I've made some good friends through roleplays! Some of them I don't talk to anymore but remember fondly (hi Kiyo, Managrimm, Bac), some I don't talk to as much as I should (hi Chris, sorry Chris). RP brought me back together with someone I had been close to but was drifting apart from (Karen ilu, i was sad that we werent hanging out anymore) and introduced me to my best friend (Eli i know you're glad i bullied you into being friends with me). I'm so glad I met everyone I've been roleplaying with and I'm so happy to be friends with my lil team! Everyone collaborating on a fun project together makes hanging out easy and joyful and I appreciate that~

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • A RP where I became friends with the people who played. There was obviously some difference that split some of us a part, but we managed to reform and come back together. We were friends until the RP died and people slowly left the site, so I haven't really spoken to any of them nor do I know how to contact any. I felt so out of place when I joined in the middle of a RP, but the group accepted me into the group without many problems. I think at the time there was maybe 5 or 6 of us. On other places like WoW RP, I have made some amazing friends, but there was a massive amount of cliques with a lot of people. So if you were new, you didn't really fit in.

I feel like it is easier to make friends with the people you are RPing with is a small group of maybe 5, but in my experience, if you aren't part of the original group, most of the time you will almost always fall out of the loop. which I think is why so few is much better.

Years
  • RPing is how I've made some of my closest friends, many of whom I've known for like ten years now and still write with and do TTRPG stuff with. You spend enough time with people who you have common interests with and vibe well enough with and you're bound to get to know each other and become friends.

Honestly, when I got sick a lot of my offline friendships broke down since the things that kept us connected weren't really options for me anymore and our lives went to very different places. There's only like three people I know from offline that I still talk to regularly other than family. But the people I know through RPing here have stuck around me and helped me get through some pretty rough times.

Writing/playing characters getting to know each other and developing bonds of their own is a great way to spend time with people and to reaffirm your own relationships.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • RPing has brought me some of my closest friends. Some of who I've knows for over 12 years now c: Some who I only officially met a few years ago when I rejoined. I will be forever grateful to the friendships made.

I have a few RL friends but due to my lack of experience in friendships, I noticed very late that most of those weren't actually friends but were just using me for benefits or as some kind of scapegoat. Only after I regained some of my friendships here I realized how wrongly I was being treated. Needless to say, the group of people I call my friends nowadays have thinned out drastically c':

Nowadays most of my friends are people I met from here with a few RL ones c: I'm truly blessed with them though. Some came from being in a RP together but they're also just genuine people outside of that. We play a lot of DnD together too.

Last edited:
    Back