• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Sharing Beliefs

Years
    I identify myself as a Humanist, which means I don't believe in a higher power or any kind of God, but instead hold the belief that all humans have the potential to progress without needing to be guided by God. As such I look to science and clear evidence rather than faith in either the supernatual or any higher power.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    I am a Shia Muslim, but I'm not that religious. I don't believe in slavish devotion the Koran and I reject Islamism. I don't hate Jews, Christians, women, LGBT people, or Americans. In fact, most of my friends are Christian. (And they're not like the Duggars or Westboro Baptist - they're all very nice people.) I don't believe in slavery, polygamy, or arranged marriages. I love music and cannot live without it. I don't care if people eat pork or drink alcohol. I don't think women should wear burqas. I refuse to leave Islam, but I honestly don't care if people do. I don't advocate killing people. I don't care if people draw pics of Muhammad (pbuh) - while I do think it's disrespectful, I'm not going to attack people for doing it.

I believe that one cannot be truly happy if they slavishly follow every rule of their sacred texts. (Not to mention religious texts frequently contradict themselves.) There's a reason why most religious people don't follow every rule. The Bible says you can't eat pork, but nearly all of my Christian friends eat pork (except for the ones who are vegetarians). You also can't be truly happy if you constantly bash everything related to religion. There's a huge difference between an atheist an and antitheist.

Are most users on the forums agnostic/atheist? It's weird how IRL only about 10-15 percent of my friends are non-religious yet on the Internet it's like 80-90 percent of young people. Not criticising your beliefs...I'm just saying it's something I've noticed on Internet forums in general.

Last edited:

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
    Though not strictly religious, I move toward Norse Paganism and Odinism (unofficially)
    well more to the point, I respect all cultural, also spiritual beliefs of the vikings of long ago.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I am a Christian, and believe Jesus died on the cross and rose again three days later. But I am open minded and willing to toss ideas around, which is why I am starting to lean more towards agnostic theism.

I do not believe in shoving my religion down others' throats, or enforcing my beliefs using the government. I believe in total separation of church and state.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Christianity is the primary theology I've built my own personal values on. However it's not without it's flaws; and there are a great many positions that many churches take that I feel defy some of Jesus Christ's core teachings. Particularly one of the commandments is literally "Love thy neighbor"; yet many do nothing to live this bit of code out.

There's also a lot of fuss about the Old Testament; but the laws laid forth in that side of the bible are not applicable. So anyone fool enough to quoth Old Testament has no understanding of the bible; only the understanding of the words of men.

That being said I'm probably non-denominational; for the most part. I don't believe you need to go to a church and worship with people. I don't believe you need to pray regularly, or observe holidays or traditions. You just need to believe. That's all. Religion isn't something I believe should be leaned on heavily. Mostly I just use it as a set of guidelines; not hard-and-fast rules to follow. As should be evident above; my values may vary significantly from the common christian worldview; and do shun those who practice the religion with impunity while blindly following the misinformed shepherds like sheep. I don't preach to people; that's not my place. If someone needs religion in their life; it is up to them to seek it out.

Runiel

I am male
    Years
    I am Raised as a Catholic, and still am to this day. My Father is also Catholic, but he is more of the 'loose' or you could say 'free' one, me myself, i share the same belief as my Father.
    God Exist, and he is the only thing 'Holy', the Catholic Religion itself alters a lot of this Simple Concept, and i don't really like that.
    So, basically, I belief God Exist, He created us all. Now, i also sometimes question my belief, things like 'If God exist, where is he?' 'Does God really created us all?' and even 'What is God?', but in the end, i am still a Catholic, and i probably will never be an Atheist.
    I still Respect the Opinion of Atheism, but i still Kinda Disagree with it.

Back