• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Shouting out to all NHL fans!

ZoroStar

★ The True Star of Illusion ★
    Years
    We lost to Anaheim in OT last night.
    I don't know how many consecutive losses that accounts for now, but Dallas is now kicking our ass in the Central Division.

I want to know what happened to Hossa that made him unable to play during third period, that was the only point I could even catch the game since I was out.
    They kept substituting Desjardins and Panik in his place and they couldn't fill his role at all.

Last edited:

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
    I live and breath hockey haha even outside of the NHL I keep tabs on college hockey and the CHL as well.

I'm also a diehard Hawks fan born and raised in Chicago haha I've been a fan since my first game all the way back when I was 3 or 4 years old in 1999/2000-ish. I was still rooting hard for them when Moneybags still owned the team and cut the team off from the city for decades. It was tough. Then when Bill Wirtz died and Rocky took over, things got awesome. I've been really lucky to see the revival of the franchise unfold over the last decade. It's been a thing of pure magic.

Anyways, despite the Hawks being m favorite team, my favorite players are Nathan MacKinnon on the Avs, Nick Backstrom on the Caps, Roman Josi on the Preds, and Jordan Eberle on the Oilers. Nik Hjalmarsson is my favorite Hawk, coming in right behind the previously mentioned players. The dude is a freaking warrior. I've never seen a guy block so many shots in so many painful ways and just play through it. If I had to pick a line-up of any 5 players in the league, it would 100% be those five.

In every sport, I have "secondary" teams I follow too. The Caps, Jackets, and Avs are those teams in the NHL. Unfortunately the Jackets have taken a billion steps backwards in the past two years. The Avs have rebounded nicely this year and the Caps are soaring, which is always exciting for me.

As for the playoffs, as long as The Hawks and Caps make it and Montreal and Pittsburgh don't, I'm happy haha I'd love to see the Hawks and Caps make it to the final. It's been my dream match-up for half a decade. Also I want the Panthers to hold onto their division because Jaromir Jagr is proving every day he isn't human and I want to see them succeed because of him and Bobby Lou.

Snoopyfish

10% Dog - 90% Fish
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    I live and breath hockey haha even outside of the NHL I keep tabs on college hockey and the CHL as well.

I'm also a diehard Hawks fan born and raised in Chicago haha I've been a fan since my first game all the way back when I was 3 or 4 years old in 1999/2000-ish. I was still rooting hard for them when Moneybags still owned the team and cut the team off from the city for decades. It was tough. Then when Bill Wirtz died and Rocky took over, things got awesome. I've been really lucky to see the revival of the franchise unfold over the last decade. It's been a thing of pure magic.

Anyways, despite the Hawks being m favorite team, my favorite players are Nathan MacKinnon on the Avs, Nick Backstrom on the Caps, Roman Josi on the Preds, and Jordan Eberle on the Oilers. Nik Hjalmarsson is my favorite Hawk, coming in right behind the previously mentioned players. The dude is a freaking warrior. I've never seen a guy block so many shots in so many painful ways and just play through it. If I had to pick a line-up of any 5 players in the league, it would 100% be those five.

In every sport, I have "secondary" teams I follow too. The Caps, Jackets, and Avs are those teams in the NHL. Unfortunately the Jackets have taken a billion steps backwards in the past two years. The Avs have rebounded nicely this year and the Caps are soaring, which is always exciting for me.

As for the playoffs, as long as The Hawks and Caps make it and Montreal and Pittsburgh don't, I'm happy haha I'd love to see the Hawks and Caps make it to the final. It's been my dream match-up for half a decade. Also I want the Panthers to hold onto their division because Jaromir Jagr is proving every day he isn't human and I want to see them succeed because of him and Bobby Lou.

I'm glad to finally see someone who appreciates Hammer as much as I do.

Better yet, now we have Ladder returning to the fold.
    Our recent bad luck should be ending pretty soon.

(Btw, this is Zoro. I switched accounts)

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
    I'm glad to finally see someone who appreciates Hammer as much as I do.

Better yet, now we have Ladder returning to the fold.
    Our recent bad luck should be ending pretty soon.

(Btw, this is Zoro. I switched accounts)

I was doing backflips when they announced that trade yesterday. I was so freaking excited! Ladd was a staple of the 2010 run and he just belongs. I do wonder what number he'll wear this time around though, seeing as Kruger took his number after he left haha

Years
    I was doing backflips when they announced that trade yesterday. I was so freaking excited! Ladd was a staple of the 2010 run and he just belongs. I do wonder what number he'll wear this time around though, seeing as Kruger took his number after he left haha
    Kruger ended up switching to #22 so that Ladd could have #16, which was a classy move on his part. Would've been weird to see Ladd wearing something like #61.

And now the Hawks have picked up Tomas Fleischmann, Christian Ehrhoff, and Dale Weise, too. Bowman's obviously going all-in for a 4th Cup in 7 years.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
    Kruger ended up switching to #22 so that Ladd could have #16, which was a classy move on his part. Would've been weird to see Ladd wearing something like #61.

And now the Hawks have picked up Tomas Fleischmann, Christian Ehrhoff, and Dale Weise, too. Bowman's obviously going all-in for a 4th Cup in 7 years.
    I saw that Kruger decided to switch, which was awesome on his part. I was thinking maybe Ladd would do something funky like that and switch the digits. Glad it didn't come to that.

And yeah it's crazy seeing how many trades he's fired off in the last like 72 hours. I'm not sure about the Ehrhoff pickup. It definitely doesn't address the issues with their defense, but Fleischmann and Weise are solid bottom 6 pick ups.

Back