• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Six Degrees of Entertainment & Media

Years
  • Six Degrees of
    Entertainment & Media

Hi everyone and welcome to E&M's new addition to the Get-Together - Six Degrees!

What is Six Degrees?

Six Degrees is a game based on the theory of six degrees of separation (that in theory there are 6 links between yourself and any person in the world). You'll have to get from point A to point B in a number of links (normally six), by starting at the Wikipedia page for point A and using links on the page to then reach point B.

This event will be running in a similar manner, but with a few twists!

How the event works

In this event, there will be two subjects (related to E&M) randomly generated and teams will need to come up with a series of links to connect the two. The different will be that generally speaking, the more links you can get, the more points you will get for your team, but more on the points later.

Names will be generated, then teams will have 48 hours to find and compile their links. Answers should be sent as per the following example:

"Britney Spears" and "Uluru"

Link 1 - Britney Spears -> Neil Young
    Link 2 - Neil Young -> Powderfinger
    Link 3 - Powderfinger -> Uluru

If you could provide something to just show where the actual link is on the page, whether that be a screenshot or just a snippet of the sentence it's in, then that would be great (just to make things a bit easier to check!).

REVISED POINTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

100 Points to 1st place
    50 Points to 2nd place

Links will count towards an internal scoreboard of 1 point per link for anything between 4-14 links and 20 flat points for anything 3 or less or more than 15.

Achievements

Yep, this event has some Achievements that teams can also earn, to try and get that edge over the other team and also add a bit of spice to the event! The achievements are as follows:

• Media Mogul - Manage to create a set of links that involves all of the E&M categories (Sports/Film/TV/Music/Books) - 20 Points
    • Top of the Pops - Create a set of links exclusively all to do with music - 10 Points (5+ links only)
    • Slam Dunk - Create a set of links exclusively all to do with sports - 10 Points (5+ links only)
    • Bookworm- Create a set of links exclusively all to do with literature - 10 Points (5+ links only)
    • Game of Thrones - Create a set of links exclusively all to do with TV - 10 Points (5+ links only)
    • Lights, Camera, Action! - Create a set of links exclusively all to do with film - 10 Points (5+ links only)

These can only be earned once, so whoever gets it first gets it forever!

Rules and such

So as with all the Trivia events... just try not to cheat as much as you can please! I appreciate that you may not know some things in the articles and such but your team is there for a reason, so ask around! I know there are sites etc. that automatically create the links for - obviously please do NOT use them (believe me, I will be comparing your answers against them so don't try!). Answers are to be sent to myself either via Discord (Arcaneum#0823) or on here via PM.

Otherwise, keep it civil and enjoy the event as well as the Get-Together!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Six Degrees of
    Entertainment & Media

Welcome to Six Degrees of Entertainment & Media! To recap the event, you simply have to find connections that tie together two things, starting at the Wikipedia page of one and using Wikipedia links only to make your way to the other.

Simple, right? Well what if we add a limit of 20 links OH and you can get bonus points for either barely any links or loads of them! Read up more in the original post, then come see who I pull out of the hate today.

I will advise that I will be participating in this event, as I do not know the names either until I pick them each round, so this is not premeditated in any way nor do I know any links myself! With that said, here's our two links today:

TV-Glotzer (band) - Wikipedia Article (this is your starting point)

Open Wide (Song) - Wikipedia Article (this is your finishing point)

Post your links to myself either in DM here or on Discord (Arcaneum#0823). you have 42 hours to fine tune this, the next round will start 19:00 EDT.

Years
  • Six Degrees of
    Entertainment & Media

Round 1 is over and blimey, both teams went all out! We've managed to get TWO Achievements unlocked so awesome stuff teams! As it stands, both teams managed to get exactly 15 links for the bonus points whilst also sticking to a theme. Team Arqueros managed to snag 20 points for the Media Mogul achievement and Team Guerreros managed to snag 10 points for the Top of the Pops achievement!

As always, I will advise that I will be participating in this event, as I do not know the names either until I pick them each round, so this is not premeditated in any way nor do I know any links myself! With that said, here's our two links today:

Igor Bjelan - Wikipedia Article (this is your starting point)

Leonidas Asprilla - Wikipedia Article (this is your finishing point)

Post your links to myself either in DM here or on Discord (Arcaneum#0823). you have 48 hours to fine tune this, the next round will start 19:00 EDT.

Years
  • Six Degrees of
    Entertainment & Media

Round 2 is over and I am realising that perhaps this is easier than I though...

As it stands, both teams managed to get exactly 15 links for the bonus points whilst also sticking to a theme. Therefore fastest finger son, meaning Team Guerreros managed to snag 10 points for the Slam Dunk achievement!

As always, I will advise that I will be participating in this event, as I do not know the names either until I pick them each round, so this is not premeditated in any way nor do I know any links myself! With that said, here's our two links today:

Two-Gun of the Tumbleweed - Wikipedia Article (this is your starting point)

The Crimes that Bind - Wikipedia Article (this is your finishing point)

Post your links to myself either in DM here or on Discord (Arcaneum#0823). you have 24 hours to fine tune this, the next round will start as close to 19:00 EDT after that.

Years
  • Six Degrees of
    Entertainment & Media

Round 3 is over and we've got 15 more links and also another Achievement scored by the Arqueros this time - congrats on your Lights, Camera, Action! Achievement!

Your links today are to do with television, here are your starting and finishing points today:

Winners & Losers (Season 3) - Wikipedia Article (this is your starting point)

Ciaran Donnelly - Wikipedia Article (this is your finishing point)

Post your links to myself either in DM here or on Discord (Arcaneum#0823). you have around 23 hours to fine tune this, the next round will start as close to 19:00 EDT after that.

Years
  • Six Degrees of
    Entertainment & Media

Round 4 is over and we've got 15 more links and also another Achievement scored by the Guerreros this time - congrats on your Game of Thrones Achievement! This was decided literally by MINUTES as both teams zoomed getting through this round. Now as we're onto the second week, I will be mixing it up a little by having one last round to have a chance at the achievement, then we'll be going entirely random.

Your links today are to do with literature, here are your starting and finishing points today:

Rêveuse bourgeoisie - Wikipedia Article (this is your starting point)

Wayne Clifford - Wikipedia Article (this is your finishing point)

Post your links to myself either in DM here or on Discord (Arcaneum#0823). you have around 23 hours to fine tune this, the next round will start as close to 19:00 EDT after that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Six Degrees of
    Entertainment & Media

Round 5 is over and we've got 15 more links and also another Achievement scored by the Arqueros this time - congrats on your Bookworm Achievement! This was scored within an hour of the event being announced, crazy! With that in mind, all the Achievements have now been taken and the teams are tied, so everything is to play for! As a result, I will be awarding a bonus 10 points to the team that can manage to get their entries to me first! I may also change things a little depending on how this goes, as it's the first time I've done this and it does have the potential to just end in a tie based on how the teams are doing!

As previously advised, your links will now be random, so here goes:

Curling at the 2018 Winter Olympics - Wikipedia Article (this is your starting point)

Main Sunder Hoon - Wikipedia Article (this is your finishing point)

Years
  • Six Degrees of
    Entertainment & Media

Today marks the end of the event. I forgot to post the last part however the teams, as they had both managed to accrue 160 points in total, were made to take part in a tiebreaker round in which they had to find the fewest links between the following two things:

The Cradle of Courage - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cradle_of_Courage - Starting Point

Werner Lüdi - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Lüdi - Finishing Point

In the event both teams got the fewest amount, the fastest team would win.

Now both teams DID indeed manage to get this in the fewest amount of links possible - which was 5 - however the quickest team was Team...

GUERREROS!!!

So with that in mind, Team Guerreros get a further 20 points, bringing them to 180 points and putting them in the lead. Good job!

GT points to be awarded will be 100 to Guerreros for the win and 50 to Arqueros for the participation (as the old system was going to result in some potential point inflation).

Thank you for coming everyone and I hope that you enjoyed this event! As always, feedback is appreciated either here, on Discord or in our upcoming Feedback thread!

Back