• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Smile Factory

stringzzz

Banned
Days
  • e65wDJh.png

Decided to preserve the original post, because it seems that's what people saw first when looking into this club:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • What a wonderful idea for a club! Maybe the best. You are approved, and I will be joining. An space for spreading a little positivity and kidness sounds like magic to me.

Iove the name of this club. It reminds me of a nice charity called The Smile Train. They work to help kids who have cleft palates get medical surgery that they can't afford. See before and after photo.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • What a wonderful idea for a club! Maybe the best. You are approved, and I will be joining. An space for spreading a little positivity and kidness sounds like magic to me.

Iove the name of this club. It reminds me of a nice charity called The Smile Train. They work to help kids who have cleft palates get medical surgery that they can't afford. See before and after photo.

Alright, consider yourself a member! Also, yeah, I think I have heard of Smile Train before, and it's awesome what they do for them.

So... While I started this club, I would like it to be set up to not really have a leader. Instead, we will decide things about it as a group, everyone's input on it is valid. Since I did start it, I will just maintain it and keep track of members, all that good stuff.

First order of business... My suggestion is that we come up with a symbol to represent the club and identify members. I do have some mild photo editing and art skills, so I can try to make something. Just my take on it, since it is the Smile Factory, I think the symbol should incorporate a smiley in some way. I like the old cute smiley :3, and that would work out great for me since I already happen to have a tattoo of it, lol. This is just a suggestion though, and it would be better to wait until we have more members before really deciding on anything.

As such, for anyone joining this club, feel free to suggest any ideas for our order of business, and remember... Do it with a smile! :D

Edit: Thought of one more thing that might be fun... Since it's like a secret society, how about a kind of secretive greeting? As always, open to suggestions, but I was thinking something like this. One member says to another: "We're going to take over the world..." to which the other member must respond: "With a smile!" :P

Last edited:

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • I like this idea!
    Can I join ?

You definitely seem to carry the positivity this club stands for. You're in! :D

Edit:
    I worked on some symbols for this club, wanted to keep it simple:
    Spoiler:

As I stated earlier, all decisions in this club are decided by its members as a group, so these symbol ideas are just suggestions. Considering we now have two club members besides me, how do you feel about the symbol ideas?

Last edited:

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • Where can we use them ?

If we choose to use those symbols, a member can use them in any way they like. For me, I would likely replace the 'Ghostwarez Co.' image in my signature with one of those icons, though I might make even smaller versions of them for that purpose, if requested. I think I will try one out in my sig just to see how it would look for a while.

In the meantime, feel free to suggest any other ideas for the symbol, or any changes to the ones I suggested. Any input is appreciated! :3

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • This is adorable. I would definitely want to join. <3

Hey there

This is adorable

Happy to hear that! You're both welcome to join, if you would like just ask.

Something I should clarify that I think I wasn't totally clear about: The only requirement to join is the want to spread kindness and positivity. As far as participating in the club, this is not required to be a member, and it is up to the individual member to decide whether or not they want to participate.

Now, some things I've noticed in my attempts to spread positivity in recent times. One, I can be totally honest, I'm not feeling positive 100% of the time, I don't think that's even possible. In the cases I'm not, I can try to be kind and spread positivity, but it seems my bad mood only ends up leaking into my words. In those cases, it might be good to step away from others and rethink your mood. What helps me a lot in that case, is that, yeah, I can totally sit there and count the problems with my life when I'm in a mood like that. Instead, however, I can always count the blessings in my life, as they are always there. Examples: "I have a loving family", "I have a roof over my head", "I get enough food daily". Of course, for some, they don't have those blessings, and may not even be able to see any in their life. In that case, one blessing we all have is that "We're alive". Now, I know I've been in moods where even that doesn't feel like a blessing to me, but I can guarantee you it really is, so hopefully we can show others this fact and they can recognize it.

Second, the less you know someone, the harder it is to help keep them feeling positive, no matter how genuinely kind you are to them. There's been many times where I've wanted to show someone the blessings they have in life, but due to me not really knowing them I've recognized that it wouldn't come out right, it actually may work in the opposite way and make them feel worse. In those moments, I've found it best to just keep my mouth shut and hope that someone else who knows the person better will come along and offer help to them instead. In the meantime, while you don't know them that well, there's no reason you can't make the effort to get to know them better. Then, in the future, if the time comes where you have an opportunity to reach out and help them stay positive, you will be more well-equipped and capable of doing so with genuine kindness. Genuine is important, the whole 'fake it 'till you make it' approach doesn't really work, as people will see right through it.

So, that's what I've learned so far in trying to spread kindness and positivity. While I did start this club, this isn't the 'stringzzz Show' here, so I'm always happy to hear others' input and ideas towards what this club is working towards. Don't be shy in suggestions, your opinion is welcome here! But remember, do so... With a smile! :3

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • Oh, this is so cute! :3
    I'm in! :D

This is an automated voice message. We're sorry, due to the recent large volume of join requests, we are unable to process your request at this time. Please hold for further assistance... Estimated wait time: 572 Days. We're sorry for the inconvenience, please hold... *annoying message repeats*

Joking, you're officially a member! :P

I have a few things to take care of in a while, but when I get back, I'm going to make the initial post a bit more beautiful and formal, like many other clubs are. Considering others' views about it being cute and adorable, I will keep that in mind when designing it. I appreciate everyone who has wanted to join in on this, now we have enough people to take over the world! Joking again, but yeah, I'm happy to see many wanting to help others stay positive. While there are some very negative things in the world, it's nice to see people not giving in to that and wanting to spread the opposite. But in all seriousness, just remember to do so... With a smile! :3

Edit: As hinted at in the shiny, new, initial post image, I believe this club needs a good mascot. While a Pokemon as a mascot definitely comes to mind, it could be some animal or something else entirely. If it's a Pokemon... I can definitely think of ones that make me smile when I see them, but I'm trying to come up with one that is more generally liked by most. As usual, I say, this isn't my own decision for the club, we are taking suggestions for this mascot. As such:

What is a Pokemon that you think generally makes people smile when they see it?
    Or, the same question, but for an animal rather than a Pokemon?

Last edited:
    Back