• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[SOLVED] [pokeemerald] How to modify the layout for Sky Pillar access on Route 131

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Edit: Problem solved. Lunos' suggestion worked like a charm.

~ ~ ~

Once a certain prerequisite is met, the map scripts for Route 131 trigger the map to load a new layout. This changes the tiles on the route to allow access to the entrance to Sky Pillar. I'd like to be able to change LAYOUT_ROUTE131_SKY_PILLAR in order to accommodate the change in dimensions I made to the Route 131 map. I increased the width of the base Route 131 map and now the Sky Pillar layout doesn't line up right. It should just be an easy fix, but I can't for the life of me find a way to edit that layout. It doesn't have a specifically associated map, so it doesn't get loaded in Porymap. There's not much to go on in the decomp code, other than the border.bin and map.bin files linked to the layout. Hopefully I'm just missing something simple.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a way to edit LAYOUT_ROUTE131_SKY_PILLAR?

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Once a certain prerequisite is met, the map scripts for Route 131 trigger the map to load a new layout. This changes the tiles on the route to allow access to the entrance to Sky Pillar. I'd like to be able to change LAYOUT_ROUTE131_SKY_PILLAR in order to accommodate the change in dimensions I made to the Route 131 map. I increased the width of the base Route 131 map and now the sky Pillar layout doesn't line up right. It should just be an easy fix, but I can't for the life of me find a way to edit that layout. It doesn't have a specifically associated map, so it doesn't get loaded in Porymap. There's not much to go on in the decomp code, other than the border.bin and map.bin files linked to the layout. Hopefully I'm just missing something simple.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a way to edit LAYOUT_ROUTE131_SKY_PILLAR?
    Since Porymap can't edit layouts individually atm, the only way to deal with this is to copy-paste the layout you want to edit into some map, make your edits, and then copy-paste it back.
    You can work it out with an entirely new map, or you can do it with an existing map. Up to you.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Since Porymap can't edit layouts individually atm, the only way to deal with this is to copy-paste the layout you want to edit into some map, make your edits, and then copy-paste it back.
    You can work it out with an entirely new map, or you can do it with an existing map. Up to you.
    Thanks! That sounds easy enough.

Back