• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Super Mario World Hack: Spiral Quiral Downgrade

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    So, this is the first hack that I will be showing off on Pokecommunity.

This is Spiral Quiral Downgrade. I made a hack called Spiral Quiral back in 2011, but when it was shown very little interest, I decided to put it on hiatus. Fast forward 2 years, and I had ideas to start SQ Downgrade. What makes it different from the original? The levels are much shorter than they were before, also limiting myself to using only 64 colors (Master System only has a total of 64 colors, so these are the colors I'm using) as well as using only 4-5 music channels. Music varies from Sonic 2, Sonic Blast, Sonic Chaos, Spellcaster and another game on the MSX.

Story - Well, there really is no story to it; the stages get longer the more you advance through the game.

Here are a few screenshots to show what I have done so far (sorry that the images are big):

Spoiler:

I also have a video of Level 1 for you:

Feel free to try the first out and see what you think of it! (contains 6 levels, 2 secret levels)

If anyone finds any bugs in it, please let me know.

To do for Demo 2:
    Add level 7, 8, 9 and 9a
    Add 5 dragon coins for every level
    Make switch palaces at the end of each secret level
    Completely make every palette use only the 64 colors shown in the Master System palette

Yukari

This seems Interesting enough, I'm a Big fan of SMW :)

Back