• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sword/Shield team advice

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2020
    Hey all! I'm just getting started with battling online in Sword, and I am building my first doubles team using the ranked doubles ruleset. Here is what I have so far:

Runerigus @ Leftovers
    Ability: Wandering Spirit
    Bashful Nature
    IVs: 0 Speed
    EVs 252Def / 252SpDef / 4HP
    Moves:
    Toxic Spikes / Will-O-Wisp / Trick Room / Phantom Force

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Speed
    EVs 252Def/ 252HP / 4 SpDef
    Moves:
    Stealth Rock / Protect / Gyro Ball / Power Whip

Hydreigon @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    IVs: max
    EVs 252 SpAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Moves: Hydro Pump / Earth Power / Dragon Pulse / Dark Pulse

Cinccino @ Choice Band
    Ability: Skill Link
    Serious Nature
    IVs: max
    EVs 252 Speed / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Moves:
    Rock Blast / Tail Slap / Bullet Seed / U-Turn

I'm still deciding on what my last two should be. I've been considering Sylveon, Octillary, Togekiss, Hatterene, Alcremie, and/or Hawlucha.
    I also wasn't sure if it would be worthwhile for Hydreigon to have a max EV in defense to make it more bulky along with the Assault Vest.

Sirfetch’d

Cinccino seems like an odd choice as even with Choice Band it is a very weak Pokemon that is walled by a large bit of the Pokedex. Pretty much every alternative option you mentioned, except Octillery, would be more useful on your team IMO. I'd also look into completely changing up Hydreigon. There is not really any point in running a slow bulky set when you could be taking advantage of it's fantastic offenses. I'd recommend maxing speed and special attack and equipping either a Choice Specs or Life Orb to maximize damage. Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Flash Cannon/Dark Pulse would be excellent moves to maximum coverage.

Years
  • Normal types in general aren't very good outside of, maybe, Snorlax and even Lax is outclassed by almost everything else. Your biggest problem is honestly that your team lacks any sort of synergy. You're running a Trick Room lead but then almost every other Pokemon on your team is designed to be a fast glass cannon. You should first and foremost decide what kind of team you're planning on playing and then go from there. Also, if you're playing doubles, you're going to want more moves that hit both opposing Pokemon.

Back