• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Complete] TCG Set Review: Base Set 5 (XY—Evolutions)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    I suppose it is around that time...

With the Sun and Moon games coming right around the corner, Good ol' TPCi has decided to delay the TCG version into the new year for competitive reasons. So what do we do instead? I know! Let's appeal to the old fans who got back in due to Pokémon Go by just re-releasing Base Set with XY mechanics! Enter: the twelfth set in the sixth generation and the fifth in the BREAK block, XY-Evolutions.

The new set comes out on 1st November, and I intend to give my honest and completely biased opinion of the set. I'll discuss the cards as they exist, including their design and gameplay aspects. This won't be nearly as in-depth as my Deck Reviews, and will be a more humorous article rather than a super-serious one (not that anything I write is super serious).

Back