• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The best teams and most unusual teams you have used in Gen 5

Years
  • What are the best teams you have used in Generation 5 and the most unusual teams you have used in Generation 5.

Best/Original Playthrough Team

Black

Samurott (Male)
    Unfezant (Male)
    Zebstrika (Male)
    Darmanitan (Male)
    Gigalith (Male)
    Haxorus (Male)

White

Emboar (Male)
    Unfezant (Male)
    Zebstrika (Male)
    Conkeldurr (Male)
    Excadrill (Male)
    Hydrigeon (Male)

Black 2

Samurott (Male)
    Unfezant (Male)
    Zebstrika (Male)
    Gothitelle Male)
    Haxorus (Male)
    Beartic (Male)

White 2

Serperior (Male)
    Unfezant (Male)
    Zebstrika (Male)
    Seismitoad (Male)
    Chandelure (Male)
    Krookodile (Male)

Unusual Teams

Black

Serperior (Male)
    Unfezant (Female)
    Galvantula (Male)
    Carracosta (Male)
    Chadelure (Male)
    Scolipede (Male)

White

Emboar (Male)
    Swoobat (Male)
    Klinklang (Male)
    Mienshao (Male)
    Jellicent (Male)
    Maractus (Male)

Black 2

Emboar (Male)
    Swanna (Male)
    Eelektross (Male)
    Leavanny (Male)
    Vanilluxe (Male)
    Crustle (Male)

White 2

Samurott (Male)
    Braviary (Male)
    Zebstrika (Male)
    Sawsbuck (Summer Form) (Male)
    Scrafty (Male)
    Druddigon (Male)

Years
    • Seen today
    I only had two Gen 5 teams:

Black
    Serperior
    Crustle
    Gothitelle
    Garbodor
    Eelektross

Black 2
    Cinccino
    Arcanine
    Galvantula
    Flygon
    Grumpig
    Drapion

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well for a playthrough my teams have been pretty conventional: Victini featured in my first ever save (and 2nd, as I blitzed through it then restarted inside a month, although that is now lost as I didn't know B2W2 had come out and reset, never thinking that as an adult I could have just bought the other version as I would do almost 10 years later haha). Zoroark once or twice…I only ever had 1 Celebi in Gen IV so I've never gone straight to Zorua.

In my most recent one I caught everything in Poké Balls, and actually left space in my party for Reshiram (well, I carried Simisear until the league then ditched it immediately). In my Black 2 save whilst the line-up was conventional - Emboar, Krookodile, Cinccino, Sawsbuck, Swoobat, and Jellicent - I played it unconventionally. I solo'd the first 3 gyms with Tepig as I didn't want to use any of the previous gens' Pokémon available in the early game, and both Cinccino and Swoobat are HA but not Dream Ball - the former is a set encounter, the latter I had to reset the Route 7 hidden grottos for about 8 hours to get, and it happened to have a decent nature too! I also evolved very late - at the last level-up move, actually - meaning only Krookdile, Cinccino, and Swoobat were fully evolved for the Pokémon League.
    I also did a Trick Room Triples team for PWT: Emboar, Mesprit, and Chandelure (shiny) out front, supported by Regirock, Mesprit, and Snorlax!

Back