• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v12

Days
  • 243 262

I don't think my parents even had reliable internet when I was 13. We started with dial up internet =P

Same for me as well, mostly. I got access to internet when I was in class 10th. And till class 9th, I had never seen what a smartphone looks like before my father bought one for him. And at time I only used internet for school projects. And at that time, playing 100-200 MB games felt like a huge moment, because before that I had only played miniclip games based on Adobe Flash, and the default windows games like Purple Place.

Citra La Magicienne

The Most Inconsistent Forum Poster
    Years
  • 243 263

Man, all that stuff was at my barely-starting-to-remember stuff point. Purple Place was so weirdly fun to my little head. I had access to internet my entire life, but first smartphone was in 5th grade(although it being a smartphone was debatable). Always used computers in school for projects and so on, but didn't have one at home until 7th? grade? iirc? It's still so interesting to see the different perspectives for people because for me, it was there yeah, but even then it wasn't so ultra-ubiquitous as it is now, which. kinda really bothers me

the number of people in my life who get annoyed that my phone is constantly dead because i dont like using it and just dont charge it-
    i probably should charge it more.....

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    243 264

There was a short period when I was a kid where I had access to the internet (my old PC broke during a thunderstorm). It didn't last long, though. And then I had to wait until I was 18 even when I got a new PC. ^^"

Years
  • 243 265

I barely use my phone outside of needing it for work. I just went with a smartphone that has a long battery life, because charging it more than 2 times a week (depends on how many routes I have that week, but I've had weeks where I only need to charge it once) is way too much a hassle! =P

I didn't get a smartphone until my job forced me to as I was content with my like 10 year old Samsung brick phone :sadwick:

Back