• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (Perfectly Symmetrical) Soul Eater Fan Club

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    The (Perfectly Symmetrical) Soul Eater Fan Club

Fan Club

If you came here, you probably are a big fan of the "Soul Eater" series. Even so, here is a brief summary of the series...

Summary

In the world of "Soul Eater", there are people with the ability to transform into weapons. These people are called "demon weapons". The people that wield the demon weapons are called "meisters". Meisters and weapons work together to capture the souls of the evil. The weapon eats the souls, and if he or she eats enough, the weapon will become the weapon of the Shinigami, or the death god. What happens, though, if weapons eat the souls of good people? Then, they become much more powerful, but they also are evil. These people are kishin. To contain the first kishin that was created, the Shinigami sealed him up and placed a building over him, which became a school to teach young meisters and weapons how to capture souls and the dangers of the kishin. This is Death Weapon Meister Academy, or DWMA for short.

The series mainly follows the adventures of three meisters and their weapons. Maka is a very intelligent, determined young girl, and is quite the opposite to her weapon, the titular Soul Eater. He considers himself to be "cool guy" and doesn't often try very hard, except to help Maka when she needs it. Black Star is an assassin with incredible strength in battle, but he is terrible at his job because he is too much of a show-off. He is extremely full of himself. This is a huge contrast to his weapon, Tsubaki, who often stays quiet in the shadows. She is a great friend for everyone. The last major meister character is Death the Kid, who is the Shinigami's son. Like Black Star, he is very powerful, but has one flaw. His obsession for perfect symmetry causes him to not attack symmetrical enemies, leave battles to make sure that pictures are straight, and fail a test because he couldn't get his name to look the way he wanted. His partners are two sisters, Liz and Patty. Liz is older, and is obviously more mature and collected. Patty just likes to have fun and be silly.

These three groups, over the course of the series, fight witches, golems, teachers, each other, evil organizations, and when the kishin below DWMA is released, they have to join the fight to stop him.

The Rules

- Follow all website rules.
    - Be nice to each other.
    - Stay on topic, and the topic is Soul Eater.
    - Don't be boring. Don't put up a post that just says, "I like Maka." Why? We want to know!
    - For later-in-the-series discussions, please use spoiler tags, for the sake of the fans who aren't as far along.
    * My rules about topics are more flexible. If you would like to add a topic of your own, put it in bold in a post. The next time that I'm on, I'll add it to the topic list.*
    - The unsymmetrical need not apply (Rule added by Death the Kid. Does not reflect the opinions of isthatyoudan.)

Sign-Up
    Username:
    Nickname: Would you prefer to be called something else?
    Favourite Character:
    Weapon or Meister?: If you were in Soul Eater's world, would you be a weapon or a meister? If weapon, what would you be? If meister, what would you wield?
    Answer a discussion topic: (optional. You can wait for your second post to do this, if you prefer)

Here's my sign-up, partly for example, partly to make it official.
    Username: isthatyoudan
    Nickname: meh. You can call me Dan if you'd like.
    Favourite Character: Dr. Stein. So cool. So crazy.
    Weapon or Meister?: I would be a demon mace!

Members:
    - isthatyoudan (owner)
    - Murkmire
    - Sopheria
    - BlueWyvern4
    - kokoromaix​

Discussion Topics: (More added regularly)
    - Part of signing up was indicating a favourite character. Who is your LEAST favourite? Why?
    - Discuss some "favourite moments" from the series. Funny parts? Cool parts? Shining moments for a favourite character? Talk about it!
    - Which Soul Eater character are you most like?

I hope to see many people join the club. If you don't hurry, you will miss out on hearing legends that date back to the twelfth century!

Last edited:

isthatyoudan

Years
    Hooray! The club has been accepted! Let the discussion begin! To begin, I'll answer one of my topics!
    Part of signing up was indicating a favourite character. Who is your LEAST favourite? Why?
    That's a tough one for me to answer! From others, I'm expecting a lot of Excaliburs here. But, I guess I'll say Ragnarok. He's so mean to Crona! He's also creeped me since the beginning (wow... creepy... says the huge Stein fan...)

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    Username: Murkmire
    Nickname: None I can think of at the moment.
    Favourite Character: Death the Kid
    Weapon or Meister?: Meister. I would LOVE to wield a whip of some sort.
    Answer a discussion topic: Who is your LEAST favourite? Why?
    Black Star, because... he's obnoxious, and a jackass. I dunno, his character really made it hard to watch, but it was bearable. ;P

FINALLY, someone made a Soul Eater Club. :D

isthatyoudan

Years
    Welcome, you will be added to the list!

Black Star can be annoying at times, I'd say, especially when he randomly picks fights with people. He also doesn't seem to have as much development as the other characters. AND WHAT'S THE DEAL with the star in the middle of his name? I feel like I should be calling him "Black Star Star"!

Good choice of Kid, though. OCD now stands for "Organized Child Death".

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Username: Sopheria
    Nickname: N/A
    Favourite Character: Death the Kid! Kicchiri Kacchiri, enough said.
    Weapon or Meister?: I'd be a weapon. Specifically a Katana. Katanas are sturdy yet flexible, and they're forged from only the purest metal.
    Answer a discussion topic: Part of signing up was indicating a favourite character. Who is your LEAST favourite? Why?

I really can't stand Black Star. He's obnoxious, brash, and rude to pretty much everybody, even his friends. He does have one redeeming factor: he had a pretty funny line...

Spoiler:

isthatyoudan

Years
    Welcome! You will be added! I am so happy to see more members.

As all of the anger so far seems to show, Black Star is pretty unpopular. You know, I never really realized how bad he was until you guys started talking about it.

But... Here's another Good-line-even-though-it's-Black-Star moment...
    Spoiler:

Oh Black Star, y u no smarter?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Welcome! You will be added! I am so happy to see more members.

As all of the anger so far seems to show, Black Star is pretty unpopular. You know, I never really realized how bad he was until you guys started talking about it.

But... Here's another Good-line-even-though-it's-Black-Star moment...
    Spoiler:

Oh Black Star, y u no smarter?

Haha, I have to admit, it is pretty entertaining how his solution to everything is "get stronger!"

isthatyoudan

Years
    This is very perplexing. Black Star is a bad character, but has so many memorable lines. It's weird that a character can be like that. That's why I still don't like Ragnarok either. He doesn't have any cool quotes.

Something funny: Did anyone read the message that says "join soon to hear the legends that date back to the twelfth century"? Originally, this was going to be a picture of Patty attacking her giraffe and the caption said, "Join soon! Patty has taken a hostage!" : P

isthatyoudan

Years
    I'm going to show that Patty picture anyway.

Spoiler:

I really like the members that we have here, but Patty is keeping her hostage until we have MORE! Someone stop the madness! Liz is too busy!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    This is very perplexing. Black Star is a bad character, but has so many memorable lines. It's weird that a character can be like that. That's why I still don't like Ragnarok either. He doesn't have any cool quotes.

Something funny: Did anyone read the message that says "join soon to hear the legends that date back to the twelfth century"? Originally, this was going to be a picture of Patty attacking her giraffe and the caption said, "Join soon! Patty has taken a hostage!" : P

I thought Ragnarok was pretty funny too. Just the entire interplay between him and Crona is priceless.

Omg guys, save the giraffe D: Join the club!

isthatyoudan

Years
    I guess I'm different then. Well, the real person being bad to Crona is Medusa. She's terrible to him! She's probably the one who makes him wear a dress! The bunny murder flashback was also one of the darkest moments for me in the manga.

Hey, could you guys offer me some assistance? I'm interested in buying all of the Soul Eater DVDs on Amazon. The site has sets called Complete collection, Meister collection, and Weapon collection. The first two are both "frequently bought" with the weapon collection, and they both have the same descriptions and lists of episodes. The only difference? The complete collection is $20 more! So, what's the difference and what should I buy?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2021
    Username: BlueWYvern4
    Nickname: Blyv, Wyv, Wyvern, Blyvern, Verne, Vern, Bly
    Favourite Character: Death the Kid
    Weapon or Meister?: Weapon. The Flaming Bow of Stupidity. :W
    As for least favourite Crona. I never really liked his personality/design/etc. :/ (He's still cool though, just my least fav.)

isthatyoudan

Years
    Greetings, person of many nicknames! Welcome to the club!

I see we have a lot of Death the Kid fans... how nice. He's up there on my list.
    Something, though, is scaring me. Sometimes, Kid likes to wear a cloak similar to Shinigami's. He is very happy when he wears it, even if others are confused by why he has chosen to wear it. But... IT'S NOT SYMMETRICAL!!! What madness is this that one of his favourite wardrobe pieces is asymmetrical!?!?!
    Spoiler:

Why is he not in the fetal position wearing that?

Let's add a new topic to the discussion.

Discuss some "favourite moments" from the series. Funny parts? Cool parts? Shining moments for a favourite character? Talk about it!

I really liked the scene where everyone takes the test. That one segment has the giraffe, Kid's name writing fail, and a lot of other cute bits that show the characters at their funniest. That dose of all out humour is good to have for some relaxation in an anime or manga. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    Welp, I just discovered the Fan Clubs section. I'd like to join!

Username: kokoromaix
    Nickname: mai is acceptable
    Favorite character: Death the Kid. I understand his struggle so much. The struggle is real.
    Weapon/Meister: Meister. I want to wield a badass scythe too.

Least favorite character: Black Star. Crass and obnoxious. I feel bad for Tsubaki.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    Favorite episode has got to be the Excalibur one.
    I'd hate anyone with Excalibur's character irl, but it's hilarious in fiction. Like, everything is so ridiculous you have to laugh. You love to hate him.
    Spoiler:

I think it's awesome that Soul Eater has such zany characters. :>

isthatyoudan

Years
    Welcome to the club! You are on the list, Scythe Meister Mai!
    A fan of the Excalibur episode, eh? well, this is what I have to say to you:
    Spoiler:

Just kidding. Don't worry. We're all good friends here. He can be kind of funny at times. I liked the whole segment where that wimpy Hero kid was using him. He makes me laugh.

Last edited:

isthatyoudan

Years
    It's been two weeks since anyone's been on here. I have waited patiently so my posts will not merge. Here's a new topic!
    Which Soul Eater Character are you most like?
    I'm probably like Maka. Very determined to do many things. And I consider myself to be quite studious and smart. I really cherish the friends that I have. I only wouldn't hit someone over the head with a book... Dan chop!

Back