• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shizen Region (BATTLE COMPETITION)

Wobb

Wynaut
Years

• The Shizen Region (BATTLE COMPETITION)
    SHIZEN REGION​

The Shizen region is a group of islands south of most regions in the World of PokeCommunity. The name of the region is a Japanese word that means nature (or natural). It began as one island, and the island had a small tree growing. Soon, a person found the island while looking for somewhere to live, and wanted to help the tree grow. He had three Pokemon: Regigigas, Groudon, and Kyogre, and he used these Pokemon to create the Shizen region. Kyogre made it rain and flood until there was more water, Groudon made volcanoes erupt underwater to make more land, and Regigigas pulled the new land apart to turn it into islands. After the islands were created, the tree grew faster, and a small pink light appeared in the tree. The light turned into a Pokemon, Mew, and there were many Mew around the world when this happened, so every Mew came to the islands and transformed into Pokemon. The Pokemon that Mew transformed into began to breed and more Pokemon appeared in Shizen. After Shizen was created, Celebi began to visit the region every year. The person who made the region was very old and went to a large, white, shiny rock. He wrote on the rock that he wished people would remember what he did for the region. After he finished writing it, the rock turned into Jirachi and the person was dead.

SHIZEN'S LANDMARKS, TOWNS, AND CITIES​

Alpha Tree - The place where Mew was made, and the tree that keeps the region's plants alive.

Wish Mountain - A tall mountain with a rock on top where people write their wishes.

Continent Ruins - Ruins inside a volcano. Regigigas sleeps inside the ruins, while Groudon and Kyogre stay in oceans and volcanoes.

New Island - A new island that was created by a volcano. No one knows what is on the island...

Comet Island - Jirachi sleeps in a cave on this island. The Shizen region's Battle Frontier is here too. The island is shaped like a star. Strange rocks from the moon and pieces of comets usually land here.

Newgrass Town - A small town with a few houses built on hills with a small lake and forest.

Hayity Town - This town has two parts. One has farms and small wooden houses, and the other has a city with tall buildings and cars. The people from both sides fight about which kind of place would be better for the area. The Bug Gym is between the two parts of the town.

Flora City - A small city with flowers growing everywhere they can grow. Bug and Grass Pokemon appear a lot here. Pokemon like Skitty enjoy playing with the flowers in this city. The Grass Type Gym was built inside a large tree. Celebi visits this town every year. The people here enjoy having Celebi here, and sometimes, stores will sell things like Celebi pictures, Celebi toys, Celebi food, etc. Celebi goes to Wish Mountain to look for wishes about the future, so people usually write wishes about what they want in the future.

Waveport City - A city near the beach. Most people here eat cooked Magikarp, Clamperl, and Slowpoke Tails. People living here usually collects shells, go fishing, and swim. Corsola horns are only found here and can be sold for $1,000,000. Milotic scales here are also sold for a lot of money. The Water Type Gym is underwater, and the only way to get there is by a submarine.

(.-. Why did I choose this name...) Achromatic City - A large city near the center of the Shizen region. When people discovered the Shizen region, they brought new Pokemon, and decided to go to one place so that they don't change the region's Pokemon. Every building has almost 50 floors, but every room is small so more buildings can be built near them, and so more people can come live in the city. People have polluted everything in the city, and Poison Pokemon began appearing with Steel Pokemon. This city is the capital of the Shizen region. The Poison Gym was built here after many Poison Type Pokemon began to appear here.

Weagold City - In this city, the only people who live in this city are people who have a lot of money. Most people living here have a Furfrou, and the city is never dirty. There are many mansions and giant houses here.

Shimmer Town - A town close to the ocean with a large diamond mine. Diamonds are found daily, and Carbink have become very common. A statue of Dialga is in the center of the town, but Dialga has never been found in the region. Rubies, sapphires, emeralds, gold, and silver are also found in the diamond mine. The Rock Gym is here, and is inside the mine.

Noray Town - A town with mostly Normal Type Pokemon. The people here trade items near the big lake north of the town. Pokemon Contests happen every week here. The Normal Gym is here.

Meteor Town - A meteor hit this town 100 years ago, and people have built a town around the meteor. They say that a Pokemon is sleeping inside the meteor. Psychic, Ghost, and Dark Type Pokemon appear here a lot. The Dark Type Gym is here.

Greenvine City - This city is in a warm jungle and the houses are made of wood and leaves. The people in this city like to trade berries and watch Pokemon like Tropius.

Magmolt Town - A town on the side of a volcano built by a group of Pokemon 1,000 years ago. When the volcano erupts, the lava almost never touches the town. If any ice or snow is brought near the town, it will melt. The people that live in this town like to throw food into the volcano to feed Groudon. The Fire Type Gym is in this town inside the volcano.

THE SHIZEN REGION POKEDEX

Spoiler:

JOIN THE SHIZEN REGION!

When joining the Shizen region as a trainer, you start with 1-6 Pokemon (No legendaries). You can buy more from other people in the shop or catch them in the wild.

Join as a Trainer!
    Spoiler:

Join as a Pokemon!
    Spoiler:

SHIZEN'S TRAINERS
    Spoiler:

GYM LEADERS OF SHIZEN
    Spoiler:

SHIZEN'S ELITE FOUR
    Spoiler:

SHOP
    The Shizen region now has it's own currency: Petal Coins! Trainers can buy things using Petal Coins, and sell things to get them. You will get 100 Petal Coins when you join. There is a shop where trainers can buy things for Petal Coins. If you run out of Petal Coins, you can sell a Pokemon or item. All trainers start with 1-6 Pokemon (No legendaries) and 2 Potions. There are places all over the region where trainers can find random items, too. It costs Petal Coins to buy another Pokemon (But you can still catch free wild Pokemon).

Chat with other Trainers of Shizen!
    Do you have any ideas for the region? Do you want to talk to other people about the region, or want to help it? You can now, if you join the Skype Chat!
    https://join.skype.com/C5kasXH4hf2X

Shizen Region Battles!

Celebi has appeared somewhere in the Shizen region. It is looking for good trainers who can win battles. Celebi and Jirachi let all trainers have 3 Pokemon in Pokemon Showdown to battle with! Celebi is going to watch trainers battle, but it made some rules...

. No Legendary Pokemon
    . No Uber Pokemon
    . No Mega Evolutions
    . Grass Type Pokemon and Bug Type Pokemon only.
    . At least one Pokemon must know the move Natural Gift
    . NO SHEDINJA

The trainers of Shizen battle each other to win!
    After you finish your battle, post the link of your battle replay.

To register for this:
    PokeCommunity Name:
    3 Pokemon (Pokemon Showdown)(Bug and Grass only):

All participants are encouraged to sign up for the region, so that they are more in touch with future events!
    The competition will begin on Jaunary 10, 2016
    Celebi will leave the region once everyone has battled.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    looks like this thread needs some posts! I know that feeling :p

PokeCommunity Name: Mudkip!!!
    Trainer's Name: Logan
    Trainer Class: Ace trainer M
    Pokemon: Mudkip (of course)
    Milotic
    Gyrados
    Pelliper
    Lumineon
    Absol

Lol I just relized I almost could've been a water gym leader, but I like absol too much :p

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • looks like this thread needs some posts! I know that feeling :p

PokeCommunity Name: Mudkip!!!
    Trainer's Name: Logan
    Trainer Class: Ace trainer M
    Pokemon: Mudkip (of course)
    Milotic
    Gyrados
    Pelliper
    Lumineon
    Absol

Lol I just relized I almost could've been a water gym leader, but I like absol too much :p

c: You're a trainer here now! You're the first trainer in this region!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    After looking at your pokedex, I like it! mine has way too many water types, but yours has a nice spread. also, you put the pokemon in good places (like pidgey being near the beginning, and tyranitar being near the end), I could imagine GF using this :p

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • After looking at your pokedex, I like it! mine has way too many water types, but yours has a nice spread. also, you put the pokemon in good places (like pidgey being near the beginning, and tyranitar being near the end), I could imagine GF using this :p

Tyranitar is near the end because Larvitar and Pupitar are in Victory Road, and did you notice there are no Ice Types in the Pokedex? The region is so far south from the other regions, it's very hot, so there can never be snow or ice there.
    c: I'm also going to make a hack for this region.. (Unless I keep inserting tiles wrong)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Tyranitar is near the end because Larvitar and Pupitar are in Victory Road, and did you notice there are no Ice Types in the Pokedex? The region is so far south from the other regions, it's very hot, so there can never be snow or ice there.
    c: I'm also going to make a hack for this region.. (Unless I keep inserting tiles wrong)
    Really? Awesome! I'll play it when its done. i'm trying to make a hack myself, but I can't get the titlescreen right.

Edit: we're probably going off-topic, so what starter can I have? I'm fine with any pokemon except furfrou (hate it) and magikarp (spent 5 hours getting it up 4 levels ;p)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    and did you notice there are no Ice Types in the Pokedex? The region is so far south from the other regions, it's very hot, so there can never be snow or ice there.
    There's Glaceon :p haha. well, nothing's perfect. In fact, Qwertle has a couple fire/electric types. and did I mention too many water types? :p

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Added 11 more Pokemon to the Pokedex! (The highest number of Pokemon in the Pokedex without any points is 151, right?)

#135 Gligar
    #136 Gliscor
    #137 Togepi
    #138 Togetic
    #139 Togekiss
    #140 Duskull
    #141 Dusclops
    #142 Dusknoir
    #143 Tropius
    #144 Carnivine
    #145 Sableye

Kyogre, Groudon, Regigigas, Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi's Pokedex numbers have been changed to #146, #147, #148, #149, #150, and #151.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    nice choices. 151 is the maximum until we get more points. Of course when you make the hack you can have virtually infinite.

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • MONEY
    The Shizen region now has it's own currency: Petal Coins! Trainers can buy things using Petal Coins, and sell things to get them. You get 100 Petal Coins when you join. There is a shop where trainers can buy things for Petal Coins. If you run out of Petal Coins, you can sell a Pokemon or item. All trainers start with 1-6 Pokemon (No legendaries). It costs Petal Coins to buy another.

SHOP
    Get one Pokemon - 8 Petal Coins
    Get two Pokemon - 15 Petal Coins
    Level Up a Pokemon (One level) - 5 Petal Coins
    Level Up a Pokemon (Two levels) - 9 Petal Coins
    Release a Pokemon - Lose 8 Petal Coins
    Potions - 6 Petal Coins
    Berries - 4 Petal Coins
    TMs - 9 Petal Coins
    HMs - 11 Petal Coins
    Mega Stone - 16 Petal Coins

SELLING
    Pokemon - 5 Petal Coins
    Potions - 5 Petal Coins
    Berries - 3 Petal Coins
    TMs - 8 Petal Coins
    HMs - 10 Petal Coins
    Mega Stone - 15 Petal Coins

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • PokeCommunity Name: Foxrally
    Trainer's Name: Dr. Zirkwell
    Trainer Class: Scientist, Veteran
    Pokemon: Elgyem
    Levels: 60
    About your Trainer: One of the many ambassadors for the Badr Colonies. His main purpose is to establish positive political and economic ties with the Shizenian government and study the varied plant life in the area.

An Ambassador comes to Town

You have reached your destination.

"Yes, yes, just let me out already! These pods are making me claustrophobic."

"Opening doors."

As the vertical hatch-like doors of the emergency travel pod opened, a man hurriedly exited, carrying a briefcase which was apparently packed with papers, and a frown on his face. He has moderately tall and bearded, and wore a golden suit with a small golden bowtie, as well as a pair of thick glasses. The pod had apparently landed in the middle of a field.

"Oh for crying out loud... Can't the navigators just do their job for once?" he mumbled to himself, frustrated. He pulled out a Pokeball from his coat pocket, and sent out his Elgyem. The alienlike Pokemon beeped in glee at the feeling of being surrounded by fresh air. "You'll have time to enjoy the outside later, old pal. We need to teleport to..." the man began, and pulled out a small device. The device projected a map in front of him. "...Achromatic city. Which should be in this direction." he continued, pointing towards the direction designated on the map. The Psychic type nodded and floated over to him, and in a flash the two were gone.
    --------------

The man coughed as they approached the city. "My god, why is it so smoggy in here?" he asked himself. Quickly coming to his master's aid, the Elgyem used safeguard around them to create a barrier of air between them and the polluted air. "I suppose the citizens have gotten used to this..." the man told his partner, as they headed to the nearest embassy.

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • The Shizen Region (BATTLE COMPETITION)
    Shizen Region Battles!

Celebi has appeared somewhere in the Shizen region. It is looking for good trainers who can win battles. Celebi and Jirachi let all trainers have 3 Pokemon in Pokemon Showdown to battle with! Celebi is going to watch trainers battle, but it made some rules...

. No Legendary Pokemon
    . No Uber Pokemon
    . No Mega Evolutions
    . Grass Type Pokemon and Bug Type Pokemon only.
    . At least one Pokemon must know the move Natural Gift
    . NO SHEDINJA

The trainers of Shizen battle each other to win!
    After you finish your battle, post the link of your battle replay.

To register for this:
    PokeCommunity Name:
    3 Pokemon (Pokemon Showdown)(Bug and Grass only):

All participants are encouraged to sign up for the region, so that they are more in touch with future events!
    The competition will begin on Jaunary 10, 2016
    Celebi will leave the region once everyone has battled.

I made a Shizen region signature using CSS!

Code:
    [PLAIN][cd=background-image: url('https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7CxV_yy7DF0/TeyGiKkE9RI/AAAAAAAAAQM/lcVOwHgmKdY/s1600/flower%2Bforest%2Bcool%2Bwallpapers%252C%2Bbeautiful%2Bflower%2Bgarden%252C%2Bwonderful%2Bgarden%2B%252836%2529.jpg'); width: 400px;border: 1px solid black; padding:2px; text-align: justify;][cd=background-color: white; opacity: 0.7; padding: 20px][IMG]https://pokedream.com/pokedex/images/mini/251.gif[/IMG][CENTER][color=#00FF00][SIZE="3"][B]Visit the Shizen Region[/B][/SIZE][/color][/CENTER]     
    [url]https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=360489[/url][/cd][/cd][/PLAIN]

Last edited:

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • I've started making a hack for the Shizen region! ^.^ I'll make a thread for the hack when there's more done.
    Here's the inside of the volcano (This isn't the whole thing, there will be more parts of the volcano...)

Last edited:
    Back