• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War Pokémon edition - Round 3 - Dragonite (+1) VS Salamence (-1)

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years

I just don't really Arceus all that much. But getting a full team of them doesn't sound all that hard. (especially when I had 3 of them from the 20th(?) anniversary Mythical release :p)
I've been interested in a few Fangames, but I just don't have the time to properly play any of them right now. (especially right now in fact, Spring and Summer tend to be quite busy for me IRL...)

Years

I don't know what I'd do for a Water themed team atm, but Milotic would probably be on there.

I just don't really Arceus all that much. But getting a full team of them doesn't sound all that hard. (especially when I had 3 of them from the 20th(?) anniversary Mythical release :p)

Thing with Mystery Gifts is that they are easily missed.
I missed every Arceus mystery gift myself so for anyone else who missed them you'll either need to trade some other mythical for them (if you can even find a trade for a legit one in the first place) or run through PLA over & over. And I've still not gone and finished PLA. =P (might be a somewhat fast method depending on what the requirements for fighting it are in PLA).
Can also get one in BDSP, but you need to finish both PLA (catch Arceus in PLA that is) and finish BDSP for that.

So yea getting 6 Arceus is easy... If you luck out with the distributions. Otherwise not really, you're gonna have to work for it and I personally don't like it enough to bother getting multiple=P
I'll finish PLA off eventually though.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years

A Water type themed team? (or should I do whatever Groudon's typing is since I'm supporting that one lol? :p)

Blastoise, Vaporeon, Walrein, Greninja, (gotta have at least 1 Dark type on there lol) Toxapex, and Seismitoad. I didn't build it from battle viability, but rather from Water types that I happen to like.
(and one because it's half Dark lol)

Thing with Mystery Gifts is that they are easily missed.
I missed every Arceus mystery gift myself so for anyone else who missed them you'll either need to trade some other mythical for them (if you can even find a trade for a legit one in the first place) or run through PLA over & over. And I've still not gone and finished PLA. =P (might be a somewhat fast method depending on what the requirements for fighting it are in PLA).
Can also get one in BDSP, but you need to finish both PLA (catch Arceus in PLA that is) and finish BDSP for that.

So yea getting 6 Arceus is easy... If you luck out with the distributions. Otherwise not really, you're gonna have to work for it and I personally don't like it enough to bother getting multiple=P
I'll finish PLA off eventually though.

I know what you mean. I missed the first 4 months of the event, so I had to get Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Darkrai (for some reason) via online trades. Thankfully I had a copy of X, Y, and OR going all at once, so I was able to get dupes of all the rest starting with Manaphy in June, but I still can't say with 100% certainty that they weren't genned in.
Fun fact about this. If I hadn't missed the first few months, I wouldn't have had a reason to get into online trading, which means that I may not have missed the feeling of those old days back in late 2022, which means I may never have found this very forum! *Que dramatic music lol*

As for the 6 Arceus(es?), I've played through Scarlet all the way through at least twice just to get spare box Legends for other people, so going through PLA a few times (even though I still have yet to even start my first playthrough of it lol) doesn't seem that much extra to me, I just wouldn't do it personally because I don't really like Arceus's design all that much lol. : p

Years

Fun fact about this. If I hadn't missed the first few months, I wouldn't have had a reason to get into online trading, which means that I may not have missed the feeling of those old days back in late 2022, which means I may never have found this very forum! *Que dramatic music lol*

Reminding me of the fact that, if I had not tried the Reborn fan game, I would not have been inspired to write shorts about a Gardevoir doing Pokédex entries fact-checking, I wouldn't have looked for some place to post them, and I would not have found PokéCommunity forums! :p

Years

pokemon-kyogre-and-groudon.gif

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today

Prefers Kyogre. Is not a huge fan of its eyes. Looks fine otherwise. Went too wild with spikes/points on Groudon: 8 spikes per side, 5 claws per hand, 3 per foot, and more points on its head and tail. Equals a lot of pointy parts.

Years

I would not mind seeing a new orca or a new Fire/Ground type in the next gen or Legends Z-A.
Numel/Camerupt is somehow still the only non-legendary with this typing.

27b9b0170b6d0cea379bbc565b807ab8.gif

Both their Primals got nice shinies too. Dark gey/black shinies tend to be a mixed bag for me, but these ones are pretty nice.

Back