• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War Pokémon edition - Round 4 - Zekrom (+1) VS Reshiram (-1)

Years
    • Seen today

I miss having the option to do these little side activities. The games are having less and less of those, which should be the opposite considering they've shifted to open world.

Years

PokeStar Studios was nice, but a bit of a pity you couldn't just use your own Pokemon straight away. I did do most of those movies/scenarios from what I remember.
    It's a shame they've ditched side activities like it and contests. They're more fun to do after completing the game then the current (event) raid spam.

Years

The only repeatable side thing SV has is Ogre Oustin' in Kitakami and you can't even beat two of it's difficulties in single player...
    ... unless you wanna count the BBQ's, but those are just plain boring repetitive tasks imo.

I think if they'd combine the Synchro Machine with using your Pokemon to compete in sports-like events, like an updated version of the Pokeathlon but instead of minigames you control your competing Pokemon directly, that could've been pretty cool for a side thing to do.

I've seen people use the Synchro machine in mp to play hide & seek though, which does kinda look like it'd be fun.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

The only repeatable side thing SV has is Ogre Oustin' in Kitakami and you can't even beat two of it's difficulties in single player...
    ... unless you wanna count the BBQ's, but those are just plain boring repetitive tasks imo.

'Technically' you can also repeat some of the pre-Gym minigames as much as you want for small rewards, but those are both way too easy and also get pretty old quickly.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Kyogre wins this round!

Next round : Dragonite (+1) VS Salamence (-1), until the 2nd, May.

Edit : Starting at 100 as usual.

Last edited:
    Days

I like using Salamence as it offers versatile use cases, plus also sports decent speed. But this thread would have been even tougher to decide if it was Garchomp vs Salamence.

Plus, it seems like all of us are on same boat this time, and it will be interesting to see which side other members decide to go.

Back