• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] VG Trivia (MOVED)

Years
    IT'S BACK BITCHES​
    VG Trivia is being taken for another spin, however to keep things neat I'm going to combine this and VG Music Trivia into one event this year. The premise will still be the same - each day everyone will be posed questions which then have a 24-hour limit to be answered in. I'll be alternating between VG Trivia one day and VGM Trivia the next and I'll have this running up until the day before GT ends, so that I'm not that awkward guy who holds it up because I don't do results until after the GT has finished!

I normally do this in a few different ways, but this year I'm going to be changing it up a little bit! Firstly, rather than having every user submit loads of answers to me, I am going to be accepting one set of answers from the teams, so people will need to collaborate on answers. The team will then send their answers to me and I will confirm what ones are correct and incorrect, then the teams get another shot to send a final list of answers to me. I will do this for both Trivia and VGM sections.

Now for the new things in this year's event, I'll be asking each team to pick 3 representatives, who in turn will pick a gaming topic. These representatives will be responsible for mainly two things: tiebreakers and the final round of Trivia. These representatives will be asking some questions which only they can discuss and find an answer for in the event of a tiebreaker, and for the trivia event they will be taking part in a Trivia Masterclass, where I will give them 10 questions on their chosen subject, which only they can answer.

In terms of scoring, it's a longform event but because I want this to be a team-based effort, so I want to make it the following:

3rd place - 50 points OR 0 points
    2nd place - 200 points OR 100 points
    1st place - 300 points OR 200 points

Years
    Why not just use the suggested longform scores?

Because the teams are playing as a collective, so I feel it's a little redundant giving out 50 points to all of them, I guess the gaps are large enough I just felt that the losing team still getting 100 points for essentially free (because they will be 3rd place) was perhaps a bit much.

Years
    Because the teams are playing as a collective, so I feel it's a little redundant giving out 50 points to all of them, I guess the gaps are large enough I just felt that the losing team still getting 100 points for essentially free (because they will be 3rd place) was perhaps a bit much.

Fair call.

Years

VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA

HOW THIS WORKS

What is the Get-Together without VG Trivia? A miserable little pile of events. It's time to get your video games noggin on! Your mission - get as many questions right as you can! The winning team will then be awarded 300 points towards their team's total at the end of the event, with second place receiving 200 points and last place receiving 50 points. Exciting! Read on to see how this event will be panning out.

Each day, I will be posting a series of video game questions, ranging across all sorts of topics and challenges. These will run up to the 17th July, to give me time to close off the event on the last day.

CHANGES TO THE EVENT

There are going to be some twists in this year's event! Firstly, this is the first year that the VG Trivia and VGM Trivia events are going to be combined! All the madness is under one roof and therefore each day I will be alternating between Trivia and VGM Trivia. I will also be deciding tiebreakers in a different way - there will be no bonus questions this time around.

Instead, I'm bringing back and expanding on a feature from a previous year! This year, each team will pick three representatives for their team. These representatives will then need to choose their own topic in which I will then pose them and ONLY them a question on that topic. Whichever team then gets the most right between their trio wins. Each rep will also have a Masterclass event, where they will have ten questions to answer on their chosen topic, so look out for that! NB: your Reps must be chosen by the end of the first day of the GT.

I will also be changing how answers are submitted this year - you only need one person to send them. I will then advise which ones are correct/not correct and you then get one opportunity to correct any mistakes, before submitting your final answers. I will ONLY be accepting answers via Discord, as I barely manage to check the forums until I come to update the thread, so it is easier to manage it all via Discord. My Discord handle is [*]Discord (Arcaneum#0823).

THE NITTY-GRITTY

Throughout the event, to try and create clear leads etc. for teams, there will be an internal scoreboard. Each question correctly answered will net you 5 points, with a full set giving you a bonus 5 points. In the event of a tiebreaker, the winning team will receive a further bonus 5 points.

Each day will start as per my timezone (Currently BST - British Summer Time) at around 22:00 - 00:00, depending on my schedule. Anything submitted after 00:00 will not be counted, it is on you to manage your timezones, not me.

AND FINALLY...

A few closing notes - in the spirit of the competition, please try not to look up the answers! Use existing knowledge to answer these questions - there's a wide range of games, eras and genres mentioned so that there's something for everyone. If you have any questions at all regarding how the event is run, don't hesitate to post it here or message me.

The event itself is of course competitive, but the setup is made so co-operating will net you better results, so make sure to liaise with your team regularly, to have a better chance of winning!

And most importantly...kick back, relax, get your game on and have fun!

Last edited:
    Back