• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Vote-for-an-Idea Event - Voting!

Which unique mafia game experience would you most like to play?

• Until Dawn

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • DotA

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Office Mafia

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    THE VOTE-FOR-AN-IDEA EVENT

COMRADES.

WE HAVE CHOSEN THREE GAMES AMONG THE SUBMITTED TO COMPETE FOR YOUR APPROVAL AND ENJOYMENT. FROM THESE THREE, BELOW, YOU WILL FIND A DESCRIPTION AND BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE UNIQUE MECHANICS.

CHOOSE AND VOTE. WINNERS SHALL BE DETERMINED ON THE TWELFTH OF FEBRUARY.

Choice One: Until Dawn
    This game is going to play rather differently than your normal game of mafia, in a number of ways.

The first being that there will be no traditional day or night phases. Instead, each phase will be an hour (as the entire game takes place during the course of one night, hence the title). Secondly, there will also be no traditional day lynch or night kills. But then how is this a game of mafia, you might ask? Good question! Simply put, it will still involve the typical "mafia" and "innocent" factions, and the mafia will still be trying to kill off the innocents, but the way in which this happens is quite different.

If you know of the game Until Dawn, you'd know that it follows eight teenagers vacationing at a mountain lodge owned by the family of one of said teens. During their first night here, however, things quickly begin to go awry, and depending on the choices made by the player, it's possible for all of the characters to survive, or all of them to die, with any combinations in between also being possible.

Essentially, it's a game of choice. And, similarly, it is entirely possible to go through this entire mafia game without a single player dying, but that's incredibly unlikely.

As per usual, players will be able to discuss in the thread their thoughts and theories. As there's no night phase, players can discuss freely without interruption.

Choice Two: DotA
    Currency/Items:
    -Players start off with a set amount of gold
    -Gold can be spent to purchase items:
    -> Passive Items: Items that stay in your inventory and give you a boost so long as you have them
    -> Active Items: Items you can use to give yourself a temporary bonus/buff
    ->Consumable Items: Subtype of an active item, where the item is used up after a single use​
    -Players have x inventory slots, meaning they can only hold up to x items at a time (x being 3? still deciding)
    -Players make gold during the day time, pending on their actions and choices (and participation in the game)
    examples: Lynching a player on an opposing team will yield extra gold. Making more, constructive posts will also yield more gold.
    Lynching a teammate, or hindering the game (breaking the rules, or something that is very frowned upon) can result in loss of gold
    -Players can abstain from a lynch and instead can [FARM FOR GOLD], yielding them some income, but far less than a successful lynch
    -Abstaining will result an additional damage being dealt to you, however (so be careful of when you want to no-lynch!)
    -> This allows for an additional level of finding out who is who. If a player ends up killing someone one day, and noticably gets an item the
    next day, they were probably opposing said player (however finding out if an item was bought or not would need to be looked into)
    -> This encourages more and (hopefully) positive, constructive posting and acitivty within the game
    -> The introduction of items can change the dynamic of a game without the specific need for events (don't worry events will still be a thing!)
    -> Allows for a constructive/useful form of abstaining (can get some gold) but could be ba;anced by being more vulnerable to attacks​

Hero Pool:
    -A pool of ~30 heroes will be generated (15 Radiant, 15 Dire)
    -All players will be randomly aligned to either the Radiant (5 players), the Dire (5 players) or the Neutrals (10 players)
    -Each hero will have:
    -> Active Skill: Can be used once per day/night
    -> Passive Skill: Always active
    -> Ultimate Skill: Can only be used once per game. Should be more impactful that active/passive skills​
    -A player must select 5 heroes (in order of their preference) from the pool of 25 heroes for their given faction
    -May or may not reveal (upon the start of the game) which heroes were or were not selected
    -> Possible middle ground, show the list of all the heroes were picked into all the player's lists
    -> Will include all heroes selected, but also will have some (hopefully not too many) unused heroes, to leave some guesswork​

Will use the RP method, instead of Lynching (HP and attack stats, etc.)

Choice Three: Office Mafia
    Greetings! I'm the Admiral of Ackbar Industries, and we are currently looking for applications! Well, that's what they call me, but call me your future boss instead or I'll fire you. From a cannon. Anyways, we'll only consider eighteen applicants, so hurry and get those applications in! Make sure to fill out exactly what job you would like, what sort of salary you hope to make, and that sort of stuff. Also, watch your backs. Some applicants get a bit... competitive during the application process.

In addition, we do have one position as my new personal secretary available. Things like making posts, monitoring PMs, and other definitely not shady shenanigans will be under your job description. To apply, you need only be willing to devote your time, your wits, and your soul to the company.

If you're wondering how the whole 'mafia' thing fits into that, I don't know what you're talking about! We definitely don't do any of that stuff here. Nope! And new features? You can't have new features for a mafia game we're definitely not going to have!

So, get those applications in, cross your fingers, and make sure not to kill too many of the other applicants. We don't want people getting suspicious of all the dirt mounds in the company gardens.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Voted for the Office mafia. Seems amusing, and something I can see a lot of people enjoying.

DotA was interesting but way too complicated (and I'm not a fan of DotA in the first place...), while Until Dawn was good but I just wasn't digging it.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I love Until Dawn buuuuut I won't vote for it because The Hater mechanics were actually inspired from that game oops so I'm just gonna vote for DoTa because Office Mafia doesn't really talk about what the mechanics are, which tbh makes me wonder how did it even get in?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I really like the "Until Dawn" idea! It seems really nontraditional and would be fun, I would play any of these though! xp

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    I was very not into how much description had to go into the DoTA game. The simpler the concept, the better, I feel.

Anyway I'm so curious about Office Mafia but like ... what's the game? It has some fishy business about it that is probably designed to trick us players more than anything. And while I'm always up for surprise, eh ... I just liked reading Until Dawn's description too much.​

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I wonder when's the next idea submission? I have an idea, haha. (:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Today is the last day to vote, folks! Get 'em in and encourage other snails to get here to vote! :)

Killua

These wendigos shall feel my wrath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (banned from PC because of too much exclamation points)
    The office one (puts sunglasses) is a trap!!!!!!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I'm nice, so I just gave my vote to DOTA. Lol

It'll probably be a few days before I post Until Dawnfia, assuming another game doesn't randomly spike in votes. Both because I'd like to finalize the OP and do the role pms, and because it's a game that will require a decent amount of activity from me, much like with Twiggy in his dragon mafia. So get hyped.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    but yeah legit excited for until dawn, and im really looking forward to the impending war between the hater and until dawn

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Congratz to Naku and his Until Dawn mafia for winning! :D I regret just handing my rough draft of ideas to Klippy to post. I should have waited a bit longer and refined what I was going to show, and simplify the explanations. Hopefully I'll stick with hosting this mafia game and people will join and enjoy it. ^^;

Again, congratz to Naku, and better luck next time to Bard, myself and the others who didn't make it to this stage!

Back