• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Week Nine: The Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    I have 2 that I've stuck with since I've started watching anime.

1) 3 episode rule - standard, most shows I've seen are good enough to continue after that trial period although there has been a few that needed a bit more.

2) Watch the OP / ED on the first episode and then again on the final episode. It just makes the viewing experience feel more complete.

I have a third one that isn't really a rule but I try to stick with the shows all the way though unless it turns out to be really bad (I believe I've on;y done this with coppelion)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Honestly, I'm not really sure that I have any, or any that I really ever stick to. The only one I can really think of us "don't skip the opening and ending on the first episode" but that's it, really. I don't pay attention to writers, studios, or voice actors so I can't really have a law pertaining to that. xD

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    These are my rules:

1. I am absolutely FORBIDDEN to drop an anime. Even if I hate it enough to want to erase from this world, I have no choice, I have to watch it in its entirety. If i don't, I'm a bad anime fan.

2. Anything by JC Staff is a godly anime. I am not allowed to pass up any JC Staff adaptions under any circumstance.

3. Anything that Urobutcher touches is going to ruin my life.

4. Any anime with cute girls in it is an absolute must watch. No exceptions.

5. If Johnny Yong Bosch is in the English version, then the dub is the only one I watch.

6. If I can't relate to any of the characters, then the anime is not my thing.

7. If the OP isn't interesting, I skip it. I always skip EDs because I don't care about them.

8. If I watch a heavy anime, I have to watch a moe anime to balance out the heavy.

And I have a VERY specific rule when WATCHING anime.

I go in cours.

If it's 1 cour, I watch it in 3 episode intervals.
    If it's 2 cours - 4 cours, then 5 episode intervals to weed it out.
    if it's more than 4 cours or Precure, it has to be marathoned in 10 episode intervals, once a week, never anywhere else.

The day I finish an anime, I have to start another one to keep my schedule from getting stale.
    I have to schedule anime so I can know what I'm going to watch and when I'm going to watch it. Chances are, if you've watched it, I have it planned on my rotation list. This is so I don't have to panic when I can't find a title to watch. I have a list that I wrote out by hand to tell me. I have this rotation list planned up until the last day of June so I don't have to scramble for anime.

I'm very uptight about anime, as you can see.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

If it's 1 cour, I watch it in 3 episode intervals.
    If it's 2 cours - 4 cours, then 5 episode intervals to weed it out.
    if it's more than 4 cours or Precure, it has to be marathoned in 10 episode intervals, once a week, never anywhere else.

This gave me a headache. Sounds like homework rather than watching something!
    I wish I could be so organized, probably. I watch stuff whenever I can rather than having a dedicated time for it lol!

My law would be something like "if I have more than 20 minutes free, then it's time for animu desu"

Anime is serious business, minna-san everyone.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    I don't really uphold much 'laws' in watching anime. Three episode tests and not skipping the opening or ending songs (unless they are really bad) are what I do such that it's all routine for me.

Years
    I don't even follow any commonly accepted rules with anime watching. I'll skip the OP if I'm in a hurry or if I'm sick of it or just otherwise don't feel like listening to it. I may drop something after one episode/chapter if the material is just completely off-putting (usually I don't drop anything, though - I think Gantz is the only thing I've intentionally dropped in the last 5 years). I actually rarely watch anything currently airing.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    God haven't posted in this thread at all ;-;

A lot of the rules that I follow are mostly what has been said already:

• It's fine to skip the opening or ending of an anime after the first episode if you don't like it.
      Especially in anime like DnA or any sports anime where you just want to continue with the ongoing game, a gap with another OP and ED kinda just ruins the mood sometimes.
    • If you've started an anime, you have to finish it (for the sake of finishing things).
    • Don't watch next episode previews if you're marathoning, because you're going to see it anyway next episode and what's the point of spoiling anything.
    • If you've started an anime, you have to finish it (for the sake of finishing things).
      [*]Recommending Boku No Pico to someone who wants anime recommendations.

As for personal rules:
    • I know no one here will follow this specific rule because I love my jdramas more than anyone else here and that's: If possible watch the live action first, anime next and manga if bothered. 8.5/10 I will enjoy the live action or jdrama more than the anime.
    • Don't look on tumblr unless you've caught up (if it's seasonal) or finished (if am marathoning the anime), because you'll probs be spoiled.
    • Not to listen to people who constantly complain that the manga is better. Yes I understand you enjoy it more, but please let me judge for myself based on anime-content alone without original content influences.
    • Madhouse is usually pretty amazing, but once in a while they'll troll you with something like Mahou Sensou.
    • If something new or awesome (PV or whatnot) comes out, GIF it on tumblr before most people do.
    • I"Just one more episode" is an illegal phrase to me, because I actually need sleep.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Well, let's see:

> I don't follow the three episode rule. I drop shit as soon as it stops appealing to me.
    Spoiler:

As you can see, I've dropped stuff at ep 1 and also at ep 18/23 lol

> I download OPs/EDs as soon as they're out. If I'm a big fan, they're likely to be in my HDD than not.
    Spoiler:

my collection is very messy though and this is just a tiny bit of it haha

> I have a habit of updating my hummingbird as soon or soon after I'm done watching whatever I'm watching. Helps keep things organized. :'D
    Spoiler:

> If it is by any of the following studios, I'll at least watch one episode of the show or give the synopsis a read immediately:

Studio Madhouse
    Kyoto Animation
    ufotable
    Production I.G
    J.C Staff

If it is by Toei, chances are I'm not gonna even look at it. :/ Unless the series in question is Digimon/Slam Dunk or the like. :p

> I'll watch the OP everytime if it appeals to me. Even if I'm running short on time lol. Never skipped No Game No Life's OP, UBW2's, OregaIru's or any other stuff I found catchy as hell. Will always give ANY opening a listen though the first time around.

> Also, I don't listen to EDs unless I hear good things about them. Although this has kinda changed since I heard amazing EDs in Death Parade and Kekkai Sensen haha. I watch them more often now.

> Sleep and work take priority. So I sleep if I'm sleepy. I don't do all-nighters for anime anymore. Used to, though

> If any of the following bands or peeps, introduced to me by Anime, of course, releases an album then I'm probably gonna download them without thinking

SPYAIR (DEM Gintama tracks man)
    Anything by Hiroyuki Sawano (TITANS, EVERY1)
    Origa (RIP you angel with sweet voice. I loved you. GiTS tracks <3)
    MAN WITH A MISSION (WOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW)
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Growling with autotune lel. Dat HxH ending and Kaiji OP2)
    Itou Kanako (Steins;Gate VN and Animu OP)
    Kawada Mami (Jormungand and Toaru Index OPs. No Buts! specifically was terrific)
    NoisyCell (Death Parade ED and Barakamon OP)
    SID (Ranbu no Melody, FMAB OPs etc too much good stuff)
    Shoko Nakagawa (DAT FMAB ED)
    DOES (DEM GINTAMA TRACKS MAN!!!)
    Konomi Suzuki (incredible talent. NGNL, Freezing and Watamote OPs <3)
    Granrodeo (DAT Seven Deadly Sins ED <3)
    Garnidelia (their works are ALWAYS amazing. Always.)
    EGOIST (Their psycho pass tracks. Holy fuck)
    AKINO with Bless4 (MAGIC HOUR FOREVER [amaburi]!!!!)

I don't think anything else comes to mind. :p I'll add more if I think of something. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back