• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you hoping for?

Years
  • Now that the game's been announced, are there any features/content you're hoping to see?

There are things that could've been expanded on in XY but never were, so I think a Legends game is the perfect opportunity for us to learn more about the lore!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Mostly improvements on PLA's gameplay and getting a meaningful bit of Kalos lore that needed to happen years ago.

I'm wondering if maybe we'll finally be able to (legitimately) get our hands on Eternal Floette? It's existed for a decade now and persisted in game files for years after XY, yet was never released. And if there was any time to release it, this game would be it.

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
    Years
  • yeah, I'm just hoping to get more info about the lore than anything. I always felt like XY got the short end of the stick when it came to the story, and as much as I wish it didn't take this long for them to finally expand more upon it, it's still exciting to know Kalos is actually getting its time in the spotlight.
    + ditto on hoping for Eternal Flower Floette. and also potentially being able to actually catch Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion. that'd be cool.

I am also hoping for a bit more replayability. since while I really loved playing through Legends Arceus, once I had completed everything, there was basically nothing left to pull me back in. still a great game, I just wish it had something to keep me playing past the endgame.

Days
  • The last second of the video featured the Mega Evolution logo, hence I am expecting to see some new Evolvable Pokémon.

Going according to Legends: Arceus, I expect to see new evolution of 2-stage Pokémon; Clawitzer has some potential if there comes third stage for it. And perhaps the starters will get new alts. Zygarde might be getting new form, hence Z-A is named, though it could something simple.

Years
  • Less grindy Research tasks for the PokeDex. Especially for rare mons. Cherubi/Cherrim and a couple others are a real drag to complete their Dex entries for in PLA, which is why I still haven't finished the game lol

And if they're gonna bring back megas they better do it right this time and not give like 80-90% of them to already strong Pokemon that really don't need them.

More sidequests like PLA had, but preferably with a bit more depth to them this time.

Also the ability to actually say no to someone when asked something for once... instead of getting an infinite loop till you say yes like usual.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Disclaimer: Never played or seen more than a few minutes of Legends: Arceus.

Wants to do more than fill a Pokedex. Regards that as a "might as well" task after doing the enjoyable part of a mainline game (see: the main story). Tie in your catches to the narrative. Focused this game around building up Lumiose, right? Capture some Machokes to construct some buildings. Get Gogoats to act as taxis for citizens. Snag some Alolan Muks to clean up garbage. Protect the city from wild Talonflames with some Rock-types. Power the city with Heliolisk solar energy.

May be interested in some form of city management/planning. Does not need to go full Sim City. Hopes to make a few choices for the city. Enact some ordinances to affect things, similar to Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

More about Zygarde. Pops up at the bottom of some cave in Kalos. Explodes into a hundred cells or something by the time Alola rolls around. Why is it legendary? What is the legend?

Years
  • More regional forms/evolutions, so long as they make sense. I still don't understand Hisuian Sneasel/Sneasler, when Weavile was already a Sinnohan Pokémon. It was a cool design, just would've made more sense on a Pokemon not seen in modern-day Sinnoh.

I have a lot of hopes really, but the reveal was so cryptic it's kinda hard to know what way they'll go, so I'm just excited. More Mega forms, for sure.

More ancestral characters too - damn near all the important characters in PLA were ancestors of existing characters, and those that weren't had great designs, so I'm just excited to see the new characters, overall.

Perhaps more trainer battles. PLA made perfect sense, but it'd be nice to have a few more trainers dotted around the world for battles.

More Pokéball variety would be nice. Specifically, I'd like proper support for old Pokéballs in future games. Their designs are so cool, only to lose them to the "Strange Ball" when transferred.

Lots of hopes, but not gonna torture myself with videos and posts - just gonna be pleasantly surprised once the game drops 😁

Years
  • I am expecting it to be a bit like the first Legends game but maybe some improvements. Perhaps it will be similar to Legends Arceus where you catch all the mons to learn info on them etc. It's also Gamefreak we're talking about, so am not expecting anything game changing.

Years
  • In depth story and lore about AZ and Zygarde. I want it to be set in the future, rather than the past, so we would build a new Lumiose City and not the one we know already and I'd be scared if it had to be ported from 3DS to the Switch in the exact way. I'd like to see a more modern and obviously bigger Lumiose City, since the game is all based there.
    I also hope for a better technical work from Game Freak in terms of both bugs/lags and stuff but also and especially design wise. Since this is gonna be a game where we have to build or improve a city and we're mainly gonna be in it, the aesthetic part is very important imo.
    I also want it to be set in the future, so they maybe explain us why Pokemon Z didn't happen back in the days. Maybe there wasn't any threat? Who knows...
    And also why we can find Zygarde literally like that in the middle of a Cave in POkémon X and Y.

Days
  • Less grindy Research tasks for the PokeDex. Especially for rare mons. Cherubi/Cherrim and a couple others are a real drag to complete their Dex entries for in PLA, which is why I still haven't finished the game lol

And if they're gonna bring back megas they better do it right this time and not give like 80-90% of them to already strong Pokemon that really don't need them.

More sidequests like PLA had, but preferably with a bit more depth to them this time.

Also the ability to actually say no to someone when asked something for once... instead of getting an infinite loop till you say yes like usual.
    I'm actually hoping for some grindier ones. While I don't shiny hunt, I really like grinds, and Cherubi/Cherrim was a lot of fun to finally complete.

edit: I just meant I enjoyed the grindy Research tasks for the PokéDex and want more, not fewer :P

Last edited:
    Days
  • I'm actually hoping we get more Pokémon- I think I remember seeing somewhere that X and Y had lowest number of new Pokémon since the Johto region, which was part of the reason why people were expecting a Pokémon Z. I'd love to see a lot more new Pokémon.

Perhaps more trainer battles. PLA made perfect sense, but it'd be nice to have a few more trainers dotted around the world for battles.

Agreed! That was something that really bothered me in Legends: Arceus- there were practically no other trainers to battle.

I'm also hoping that the game doesn't include the '(Pokémon's name) ran away!' thing Legends Arceus had- that also really annoyed me. I'd start a battle with a wild Pokémon and sometimes they'd run away. Doing that for legendary Pokémon like Suicune and the others in Silver and Gold is one thing- having a basic, low-level wild Pokémon do that is just obnoxious.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd like it to be just like PLA (which to me is perfect), but vaster, prettier and with more content.

Back