• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] What do you want from a GM?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • And also, I suppose, what don't you want? What do you like and prefer a GM to be doing in and for an RP? What do you expect from them? Of course it depends on the RP and style, but like- what things can a GM do that really help you participate?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • what does gm mean
    GM stands for "Game Master", similarly to D&D's DM/Dungeon Master! I've heard some people use the term "host" as well. It is the person who really puts together the story and lore for a roleplay or TTRPG and guides the players throughout. Some RP styles don't really use or have a use for a GM, but many benefit from having someone around to manage stuff!

Years
  • I think the most important thing is communication. The GM should know what's going on their RP and be available to not just answer questions about mechanics and lore but also be open to discussion to help players make their story and character ideas work.

Years
  • My answer has basically been said but communication is key, just having someone who is on-top of their tasks as GM, frequently active, and willing to listen to other people's ideas as opposed to coming up with an idea and being very adamant about how they're right or whatever. Bonus points to GMs who have reached out to me during times I've been quiet and have been good friends (hi anna)

Back