• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want to see from Gen X's Legendaries?

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
  • Title pretty much says it all, but to elaborate a bit, I think Pokemon has always been really great at designing its legendaries or mythicals around a certain theme or giving them interesting lore you wouldn't see from some of the more common mons. Whether it's a dichotomy like land and sea, life and death, or past and future, based on something in the real world like The Three Musketeers or certain deities from mythology, or something more original to Pokemon, they've always felt special to me.
    Is there any kind of theme or inspiration you'd want to see in new legendaries? Any special type combinations or abilities? Maybe any kind of interesting setting or lore for them?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I'm not too sure about sets of legendaries, but I hope the next legendary or mythical that gets revealed in any generation is at least somewhat cool looking. I feel like we don't have enough interesting looking legendaries as of late, although with I guess a few exceptions.

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • I want to see some legendary Bug-types! We somehow still don't have any apart from the event-only Genesect. Give us a trio of Legendary Bugs, please!
    I 100% agree, as someone who's favorite type is bug, I really want this. I personally think Yveltal was gonna be a bug type, The fact that Moths represent Death in many cultures and his non-active form is a literal cocoon, they probably just made him a bird instead because bug is a weak type, sadly.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Mostly the standard stuff for any powerful character. Wants to see/hear about the Pokemon well before catching it. What has it done with its power? What is the legend? How is it tied to the region? How did it change the region? Should discover this in-game, not in a video on the Internet.

Also, a second catchable one if version-exclusive. Allows you to trade without giving up your only legendary. Should not feel good about trading some majorly important, one-of-a-kind character to 100% a game. Likens it to giving up Yoshi to have Luigi in a Mario game.

Accepts some method of filling in the Pokedex without trading too.

Years
  • A bug and fire-type legendary chimera for one version, and a water and psychic-type hydra for the other. The Greek mythological beasts are always really cool - there is so much you can do. But these seem like they'd be awesome and would make for awesome games!

Years
  • I really like dragon legendaries, however they lost some of their mysterious and legendary aura when fairy types were made. Since then, we had different fairy type legendaries. I think I'm fine with both a dragon or a fairy legendary. It's also true that we never really had a bug legendary, even though the idea doesn't make me very enthusiastic.
    At this point, no expectations, in all honesty. I just would like legendaries to be majestic as they used to be in older games (happened in SV, but not in SwSh and SM/USUM imo).

Years
  • Prior to the SV DLC's I would've said some new Poison type legendaries, as Eternatus was the only Poison type legendary. We got 4 new ones so scratch that.

I feel like Psychic and Dragon are too abundant on legendaries, so I'd like to see some of the rarer types get some new legendaries.
    Not particularly excited for a Bug type legendary, but the type does need a non-mythical one.

Years
  • I want better narrative for legendaries, I didn't like motorcycle legendary Pokémon.....
    Agreed, not to be a genwunner; but I really think the older games (honestly up to Gen 7, this is mainly just a Switch game problem) did a much better job of portraying the legendaries as actually legendary, powerful and mysterious Pokemon who shouldn't be treated the same as some random 'mon you find in a forest. SV especially suffers from this problem with the legend following you around nearly the whole game while hardly anyone remarks on it. People should logically be extremely shocked and interested in seeing this rare, powerful Pokemon that looks completely alien to anything else around. But almost none of the NPCs seem to care about it.

Back