• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will be your focus in S&V?

What's your focus?

• Shiny hunting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grinding & levelling up

• Soft resetting for a shiny starter (yeeeep)

• Immediately come up with theories on hints to G5 remakes

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    A new region & generation is super exciting. For myself I'm ALWAYS focused on exploring more than anything else. Some people may spend their time SRing for shinies, or grind, or try to complete the story as quick as they can.

What's your plan? I honestly can't wait to explore and everything else can wait, especially with it being open world. :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Plan to focus on what are for me the most important and enjoyable aspects of the experience:

Region exploring
    Team building (prioritizing new Pokémon and Pokémon I didn't have in previous playthroughs)
    Fair challenge (basic set of house rules, removing any unfair advantage over opposing trainers that can be removed, and probably again end up sneaking past a lot of trainers to keep my team levels under control)

Years
  • If I got the chance to play it I'd 100% just go casual fan mode and explore the new region in its entirety, all the while picking Fuecoco and building my team around it~ Shiny hunting and side quests ofc can be saved for post game.

Years
  • Pretty much just gonna explore and catch mons like usual.
    Depending on how open world it is exactly, I'll probably be roaming around at random. Like how I still haven't fought the first Noble in Legends xD

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    100% completion, live dex, shiny live dex, grinding to lv.100…. ya know, the typical stuff.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Try all the main mechanics in the game. Aims for an idea of what may make a fun challenge. Is this too strong for a challenge run? Is it possible to form an entire challenge around something (such as catching the first six Max Raid Pokemon you see)? Could this be a random reward or penalty? Does the experience gain here allow for lots of different Pokemon?

Scouts for good-looking new Pokemon too. Doubts too much exploration on this front. Fills out the team within the first few badges, generally.

Years
  • Taking it slow and exploring the region. I'm so excited at this being an open world game and hope I'll be able to explore to the same levels as Legends. A shiny starter is so, so tempting as well but I just don't have the patience to potentially reset for months while all my friends go ahead and experience the game/story. One day maybe, but not at the beginning!!

Years
  • I like to plan my team before Pokemon games release and I will take the same approach when Scarlet/Violet release. I would spend some time soft resetting until I got my desired nature for my starter. I don't care about getting a shiny starter. I am leaning toward Fuecoco but I want to know the starter final evolutions, typings, and stat spreads before I commit to my choice. Then my priority would be to get the Pokemon I planned for my in-game team as soon as possible with the right natures. I don't know how farming for items and money will work yet, so I will need more information before I know my full plans.

Oh, good point! I think I'd also want to reset to get a good nature for my starter, unless mints/items to change nature were super easy to come by or something. Since I'm going Sprigatito I might also reset for a female since that's what I want mine to be. \o/

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I just want to see how far the games allow me to go. Idk how open world it's going to be. But if they go full out on it then I'd just like to go into a random direction and see where I end up. Whatever happens on the way happens. Knowing myself I won't have a proper team planned out in advance so I'll see what Pokemon I come across.

Back