• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What your fav pokemon means

Years
    What does your favorite pokemon say about you? Read fun little anecdotes in the link below.

https://www.gq.com/story/what-your-pokemon-pick-says-about-you

This GQ article is specifically about first generation pokemon, which is why I thought previous gens would be a good place for this thread. It would it be cool if there was a follow up with more generations some day, like a Johto edition, Sinnoh etc. It's still fun to read as it is though, at least I think so!

Which of these 151 pokemon do you like best? And what does your pick mean? Agree with the description, or disagree?

My favorite is Dragonite. It says, "You're not like regular bosses, you're a cool boss."

Interesting. It would be overstating my position to say I'm the boss, just another working girl here, but I try to be understanding and chill when working with others, so I can still relate to this.

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    Electabuzz - "You still mourn the demise of Four Loko"

I'm pretty sure I hadn't even heard of Four Loko before reading this sentence...

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    "Wartortle — You're a little upset when people don't comment on your new haircut, even though you totally did not get it for the attention."

Absolutely not. I'd rather people not comment on my appearance at all (even compliments make me feel awkward).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    None of the things on the entire list seem fitting, but I would be interested in seeing them do more Pokemon in the future

Years
    Nidoqueen — You listen to Lemonade once a day.

I have no idea what that is. And google search didn't help, since there are several songs named Lemonade, but there is also a band named Lemonade.

Going with my second favourite Pokémon: Snorlax — Honestly, happier and more content than any other Pokémon on this entire list. God, I envy it.

That doesn't even say anything about me.

Okay, so third Pokémon: Mr. Mime — You have a humiliation fetish.

... I don't want to play this game anymore.

If that site is not supposed to be a satire, I think the author has some unresolved traumas that they are projecting here.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    "Jolteon — You love a good 5K and taking your company softball team very seriously."

absolutely the fuck not

"Dugtrio — You're almost never seen without the company of your best friends in the whole world, and you are terrified about what will happen if anybody moves away."

girl what friends

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    "Pidgey — People wrongly assume that you can't keep a secret, but you're actually extremely trustworthy, and it's a little hurtful, actually, that people think they can't confide in you."

I can sort of relate to this I suppose? I'm with most of you, I don't think this test does very well haha

Years
    there absolutely needs to be a Johto version because my literal Top 3 of all time come from Gen 2. i'll have to go with Venusaur for this one.

Venusaur — You've had to deal with several rounds of layoffs and all sorts of bullshit, and your body hurts and you're just goddamn tired and full of resentment.

o-oh...

Wartortle — You're a little upset when people don't comment on your new haircut, even though you totally did not get it for the attention.
    Raichu — You think that those rentable scooter start-ups are good, actually.
    Vulpix — You have dabbled in crystals.
    Flareon — You would never buy something off the rack.

Wartortle's is adorable tbh. None of these particularly scream me, but they're really cute and unique!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Why is every Pokemon I pick a reference to some random person that I don't understand? Well, at least Scyther is kind of cool...meme-y but cool.

Back