• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did the anime peak for you?

When was your 'peak' of watching the Pokémon anime?

For me, while I absolutely loved the OG series as a child, I think it peaked in the first half of Unova for me. I was actively participating in the fandom and excitedly awaiting new episodes. Vividly remember the PVs for that series too and how excited I was to have Mamoru Miyano voice Cilan in the Japanese version, since he is such a well-known (and awesome!) voice actor. The anime really solidified my love for that generation, though I do love it for many other reasons as well.

What about you?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    For me, I guess there was two peaks? I am not really sure how to explain it.

I have never really disliked a series until Alola. But I stopped watching during Sinnoh. I just couldn't get into the anime at the time. I fell off for what felt like two years. I think this was because the Sinnoh anime lasted so long in the US. (Nearly five years)

So I guess my first peak would have been when Ash won the Battle Frontier and saw Ho-oH again and the battle between him and May at the end. The movies were also amazing. I came back to watch Pokemon during the Sinnoh League Victors when I started playing HGSS. And loved the League and Ash bringing back his old pokemon. (And this was around the time I joined Pokecommunty)

I loved Unova. It felt fresh and while Decolore Arc was annoying and a few other things got under my skin, I never really turned against it like others. Then came Kalos and I loved it the most out of any series. So the Second Peak would be the ending of Kalos. When it came to Alola, I just had no love for it. I did like the Lillie Arc and I loved the battle between Kukui and Ash in the League, but it just didn't excite me like Kalos League did. And while Journeys was good at the start, it quickly fell apart when Ash didn't catch any new pokemon right away and Goh was getting so many without trying. While I watch it more than Alola, and is just doesn't always feel like pokemon. It is nice to see returning characters though.

After thoughts about Sinnoh: My dislike for the Sinnoh anime may also be linked to the games which after playing BDSP, it is obvious I did not enjoy and why I fell out of the Pokemon Loop. I did start rewatching the DP saga, but I've had problems finding a way to rewatch how I want to since Pokemon TV changes all the time.

Last edited:
    Years
    I honestly liked the original the best as a kid. I think the anime peaked for me around D/P personally. I stopped watching it after D/P due to my access to cable being limited afterwards.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    It never did. I still watch it to this day. The B/W anime may have had its flaws, but I watched it all the way through. I watch Journeys slowly, but that doesn't mean I've fallen off/away.

Back