• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do Ash and co get their money?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
  • Proof that there is currency: jessie and james allways complain they have no money for food =P

theories:

- its a star trek style where paychecks are no longer a strive for living, but adventure.

- mom sends it to him?

- trainer card has limited # of credits you can use per say week or so to prevent its abuse to get obsene amounts of supplies.

- ash battles off screen for trainer rewards.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    I alays assumed that since they are being sponsered and governed by the Pokemon League, Gym Leaders and by default licensed pokemon trainers recieve some sort of monthly/bi-weekly stipend to spend money. All visits to the pokemon center are waived.

Yoshikachu

Bring on the R/S/E remakes!
    Years
  • I haven't really seen them spending any money either. I do remember Brock going to the Pokemarts to buy some stuff, but they never showed him spending money.
    I wonder if Ash gets his money transferred directly to a bank account. And maybe the Trainer card is some sort of credit/ debit card in the Anime, which they use for transactions. :P
    That would work and it makes sense :D

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • Hahaha, that is an interesting topic...never thought of it before but it's totally true! Where do they get their money? Haha, I don't know, but I bet it's either from his Mom or they are getting paid by gym leaders/other trainers but they don't show that on-screen.

They obviously don't get much because they don't exactly sleep in fancy hotels, go shopping for new clothes and buy random stuff like a new DSi...haha.

Maybe it's like college? Ash's Mom like many other parents pay for their kids to be trainers...? Meh. Dunno.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I figured he would have gotten it from defeating trainers...
    They don't show everything on screen, and it would be gay to see them constantly hand money over and worry about that in every single episode.

Or his mother could send him some, he could have a bank, he could find it, or he could have some kind of small job while he stays in the cities he goes to. He could actually be in the city for longer than the anime shows just so we don't get horrendously bored.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I don't think thats ever been explained.
    It is a kid's show, so I guess they don't have to spend money or show them spend money.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Not just how ash and co get money how the heck does team rocket get enough money for those hi-tech machines!?

latios123

I like the sky above all!
    Years
  • maybe they eat for free in pokecenters and get little money from theyre parents when they call them

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • They freeload, you guys. [Source: Pokemopolis.net]

...For the most part anyway. I bet Brock has some sort of bank account with saved money in it, and May most likely gets sent money.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Maybe the government has a "Trainer's Allowance" couple times a month.

Maybe Giovanni pays Ash a percentage to beat Jessie and James. All while his satellites watch.

Maybe Pokemon droppings have uses of "value" to the right buyer.
    ~ "Hey, Misty! That one is still smokin'!"

Giovanni Pays ash 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 what do u mean Ash must be filthy rich by now lol even close to rich as james and snubull 's owner

Back