• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which generation has the best regional forms?

Years
  • Tough one, probably Hisui though. In almost every case it makes the Pokemon better/cooler than it was before.

I don't understand why Sneasel got a Hisuian forme (Weavile is arguably a Sinnohan Pokemon, so why would Sneasel alone undergo such drastic changes between Hisui -> Sinnoh?). But its design is awesome, and it's a cool type combo whose stats are good enough to compensate for its 4x weakness.

And I gotta say, when I first saw the leaked Hisuian Typhlosion I was disgusted, but once it came time to use it, I love it as much as Johtonian Typhlosion. It totally makes the most of its will-of-the-wisp motif, and even though it appears to be such a shift from Johto-Typhlosion's explosive nature, it works perfectly well as its own thing. I also think it's the best out of the three Hisuian starters; it's nice that Samurott got a secondary typing, but it's just a little too samey overall.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alola, like:
    -Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash
    -Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales :love:
    -Alolan Geodude/Graveler/Golem

'Okay':
    -Alolan Raichu
    -Alolan Meowth/Persian
    -Exeggutor
    -Marowak

Dislike:
    -Alolan Rattata/Raticate.
    -Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio
    -Alolan Grimer/Muk

Galar, like:
    -Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash :love:
    -Galarian Weezing
    -Galarian Mr. Mime/Mr. Rime.
    -Galarian Zigzagoon/Linoone/Obstagoon
    -Galarian Darumaka/Darmanitan
    -Galarian Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking
    -Galarian Articuno
    -Galarian Zapdos

'Okay':
    -Galarian Meowth/Perrserker
    -Galarian Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd
    -Galarian Corsola/Cursola (keep changing my mind on this one lol)
    -Galarian Yamask/Runerigus
    -Galarian Stunfisk

Dislike:

-Galarian Darmanitan (Zen mode)
    -Galarian Moltres

Hisui, like:
    -Hisuian Sneasel/Sneasler
    -Hisuian Lilligant
    -Hiusian Zorua
    -Hisuian Braviary
    -Hisuian Sliggoo/Goodra
    -Hisuian Decidueye

'Okay':
    -Hisuian Qwilfish/Overqwil (used to dislike it)
    -Hisuian Samurott
    -Hisuian Zoroark
    -Hisuian Avalugg

Dislike:
    -Hisuian Growlithe/Arcanine
    -Hisuian Voltorb/Electrode
    -Hisuian Typhlosion

Paldea....
    Paldean Wooper/Clodsire are 'okay'
    I do like the Paldean Tauros variations though.
    Not enough quantity to compete though =P

Looks like I'm gonna have to go with Galar =3

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Alola. Crushed it with Alolan Raichu and Alolan Marowak. Admits not being a fan of all of them (Alolan Dugtrio, Alolan Persian), relative to the original. Rates the standouts highly because of not seeing many major highlights in the others.

Days
  • I would go for Alola as well !! And Hisui also comes there

The most useful Alolan variants for me are : Muk, Ninetales and Sandslash.

The one whom I liked from Hisui are : Sneasel>Sneasler, Normal/Ghost Zoroark, Lilligant, and bulky Goodra.

Years
  • I think it's a tie between Alola and Galar. I like Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales, Raichu, Grimer/Muk, Marowak, Diglett/Dugtrio and Meowth. Don't really have a strong opinion about rest of the Alolan forms. But I also like Galarian Weezing, Meowth, Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, Corsola and Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking. I generally dislike the rest of Galarian forms.

I don't like Hisuian forms a bit. They just completely missed a mark with me. Paldean forms are okay, but nothing interesting.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Alolan Vulpix and Raichu are perfection, so I'm going to agree that Alola really knocked it out of the park here. Only thing that makes me hesitant to give it #1 sometimes is Galarian Ponyta existing - it's so beautiful and fights for my #1 spot sometimes. <3

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Well, considering my favourite regional variant is a certain Ghost/Normal from the past… I guess my answer has to be Gen8, right? I mean I'm sure my second favourite regional variant is from there too.

I'm still not sure though, since there were some… descisions amongst the SnS regionals that I question. Like, just why did we need Normal/Dark based on an earlygame mon again? That already happened before! I know this is the same place that decided 3 Fire/Fighting starters in a row was an acceptable idea, but they really should have known better.

Back