• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Which Switch Game Should I Get?

Years
    • Seen today
    Scarlet/Violet if you want the most updated, and arguably better crafted game experience overall.

BD/SP if you prefer a more vanilla old school Pokémon game but with modern graphics.

Or Legends Arceus if you want to try a somewhat different experience.

I personally don't see any reason to recommend Sw/Sh over S/V.

Years
    Depends on what you want out of the game really.
    SwSh, BDSP, Scarlet/Violet & Legends all have different strengths and weaknesses depending on your preference.

I personally enjoyed Sword/Shield more than any of the other Switch titles. But to me the roster of new mons is the #1 thing I value and for me Galar has a far better one than Paldea.

SquirmyWorm064

I’m weird :>
    Years
    My two recommendations being Scarlet and Violet or Legends Arceus

Scarlet/violet if you want a deep story line

Legends Arceus if you want more adventure and different play styles

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    A bit more info might help with the recommendations. Have you previously played much Pokémon? If so, which games?
    I would generally support the advice above of picking one of the two most recent (and would lean towards SV as its what the core Pokémon gameplay is now), having made the jump from DS era to Switch with Sword and Shield, they seemed amazing to me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    It depends on what you want. If you want something that's similar to Pokemon go, then you'd want LG/PE. If you want a game that's got a lot to do, then I'd go with Legends Arceus. If you want a game that's the traditional RPG for Pokemon, then either SW/SH or S/V is fine, but if you jump into SW/SH keep in mind that they don't update raid dens anymore.

Back