• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Who's that Pokémon

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
  • The clues are ready, I'll put an OP draft to the next post.

Edit: Here's current puzzle post draft:

Clue - Puzzle #1

Clue here​

Deadline: Deadline here

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years

• Who's that Pokémon

Welcome! It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test with PokéTrivia's classic "Who's That Pokémon" contest! If you think you have what it takes to become a Pokémon Master, then you've come to the right place!

Overview

Throughout the Get-Together, a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon will be posted to this thread every day up until July 17, and your goal is to identify which Pokémon the art belongs to. The clue will be a cropped 30x30 px section of a certain Pokémon's art, zoomed in eight times to 240x240 px.

All of the clues used will be taken from the Pokémon's official Dream World art. Mega Pokémon and Alolan Forms may be included as possible answers!

You will have 48 hours to solve each puzzle, and the answers will be posted as soon as each puzzle ends. For every puzzle you solve correctly, you will earn 5 points on the scoreboard.

BONUS!

Alongside each clue, an additional bonus puzzle will be featured for the chance to earn an extra 5 points! However, there's a slight twist. The puzzles will be cropped 30x30 px images of shiny Pokémon Dream World art, zoomed in to 240x240 px and rotated at different angles! These puzzles will close at the same time and test your ability to recognise shinies. Good luck!

How to Participate

To submit your answer for a puzzle, send me a PM (private message) with your answer before that puzzle's deadline. (Don't post your answers in this thread!)

Please specify which puzzle you are answering and which team you belong to somewhere in your message, or you could put it in the title!

You may answer as many times as you want for any given puzzle, but only your final answer will count!

Kindly refrain from sharing answers with your teammates, as these puzzles are an individual effort!

Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them! In fact, I even encourage having discussions about the contest here. That will make things more fun, after all!

Puzzles

Puzzle #1
    Puzzle #2
    Puzzle #3
    Puzzle #4
    Puzzle #5

Puzzle #6
    Puzzle #7
    Puzzle #8
    Puzzle #9
    Puzzle #10

Puzzle #11
    Puzzle #12
    Puzzle #13

Scoreboard

TEAM CAELUM:

TEAM AECOR:

TEAM SOLUM:

This event will end on: July 19, 11:59 p.m. (EEST)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Can you elaborate on your scoring for me? Is the idea for each person to get a cumulative score and then get GT points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at the end of the events? Or are you intending to give 10 GT points for each correct answer?

Years
  • 10 points might be a bit much for a participation event that anyone can score in, so I might suggest lowering that to five points.

Also, I know that you have asked for others to kindly refrain from sharing answers or assisting others, but I do want to mention that it's probably not possible to fully enforce this, especially if people are helping each other out in DMs. Good way to discourage it though, if that's what you were looking for.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Can you elaborate on your scoring for me? Is the idea for each person to get a cumulative score and then get GT points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at the end of the events? Or are you intending to give 10 GT points for each correct answer?
    I'm intending to give 5 GT points for each correct answer.

10 points might be a bit much for a participation event that anyone can score in, so I might suggest lowering that to five points.
    Lowered it to 5 points.

Also, I know that you have asked for others to kindly refrain from sharing answers or assisting others, but I do want to mention that it's probably not possible to fully enforce this, especially if people are helping each other out in DMs. Good way to discourage it though, if that's what you were looking for.
    Yes, I know that it's probably not possible to fully enforce that but it's still good to discourage it.

Years
  • tbh, 10 points is probably fine since the event is every 48 hours. That means there's 7 rounds which means each person can get a max of 70 points off this game. That's not much more than participation points for a longform game, and that's assuming they get every round correct.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • tbh, 10 points is probably fine since the event is every 48 hours. That means there's 7 rounds which means each person can get a max of 70 points off this game. That's not much more than participation points for a longform game, and that's assuming they get every round correct.
    There are 26 puzzles (13 + 13 bonus puzzles) like in the previous year so if I give 10 points per correct answer, each person can get maximum of 260 points which can be too much. 5 points per correct answer means that the maximum is 130 points which shouldn't be too high.

Years
  • There are 26 puzzles (13 + 13 bonus puzzles) like in the previous year so if I give 10 points per correct answer, each person can get maximum of 260 points which can be too much. 5 points per correct answer means that the maximum is 130 points which shouldn't be too high.

If you're giving everyone 48 hours per puzzle that will mean you'll end up with a bunch of overlap, right?

Years
  • Since you brought it up in Discord about the prefix, I do have one more thing to possibly suggest: would you consider making a section in the thread showing the day's current puzzle? It would definitely save clicks, and also people will likely be coming in and looking at the OP before looking at any other posts or clicking any further links.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I do have one more thing to possibly suggest: would you consider making a section in the thread showing the day's current puzzle? It would definitely save clicks, and also people will likely be coming in and looking at the OP before looking at any other posts or clicking any further links.
    Yes, I added that section to the OP.

Back