• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's that Pokémon?!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Hydreigon? Glanced at its Pokedex entries relatively recently for another thread.

Vibrates its cheeks to create sound waves. Uses these to talk to others of its species, as well as warn others. Look for graceful ripples across a body of water's surface to find them below.

Years
  • Very likely a Water type....
    ... doesn't the Seismitoad line do vibrations things with their bumps/lumps?
    It's cheeks though... so not Seismitoad as it doesn't have the bumps/lumps on it's cheeks. Either Palpitoad or Tympole.

... I mainly encounter this line on land in SwSh tbh so I'm not sure which stage would live under water... but Tympole is pure Water type so I'll go with that I guess.

The females of a pride work together to bring down prey. It's thanks to them that their pride doesn't starve.
    The males are usually lazy, but when attacked by a strong foe, a male will protect its friends with no regard for its own safety.

Rundas45ma5h

Pokémon Collector/Digital Hobbyist
    Years
  • Sounds like Pyroar. (?)

Next Pokémon is also called "the Elemental Spirit of the Desert" or "the Desert Spirit". It usually hides in the heart of sandstorms of its own creation, and the flapping of its wings sounds like a woman singing.

Years
  • That sounds a lot like Flygon.
    Though idk if it goes by "the Elemental Spirit of the Desert" or "the Desert Spirit", the rest reminds me of Flygon's Dex entries.

When this Pokémon howls, auroras appear in the night sky.

Rundas45ma5h

Pokémon Collector/Digital Hobbyist
    Years
  • Could it be Aurorus?

This Pokémon does not have any blood in its body, and never sleeps. It is always on the move because if it stopped, the magma making up its body would cool and harden.

Years
  • Kinda sounds like Galarian Meowth/Perrserker. I've accidentally bumped into the wild area Perrserker often enough to notice the claw extending =P

It is the only Pokemon who's previous stage is a dual type Pokemon, but becomes single type after evolving.

Bonsly?

After many battles, it evolved dangerous claws that come together to form daggers when extended.

"The sparkle of its tears signals it's comrades to gather, and they stand together against their enemies."

Nope. I mashed together two dex entries for that:
    Sun PokeDex:
    When it's in trouble, its eyes moisten and begin to shine. The shining light attracts its comrades, and they stand together against their enemies.

Shield PokeDex:
    When it senses danger, its eyes tear up. The sparkle of its tears signals other x to gather.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • correct!

Bellossom

Its potent spectral powers allow it to manipulate others. It once used its powers to force people and Pokémon to build a kingdom to its liking.

Years
  • Pretty sure that's the Honedge line, though I wouldn't know which stage specifically without looking it up.
    I'll just go with the fully evolved version: Aegislash

It refuses to touch anything, perhaps because it senses some uncleanness in this world. Its body is thin and supple, but it also possesses great power.

Lavender

Years
  • Correct! It was aegislash!

I'm pretty sure it's pheromosa

It launches electrified fur from its abdomen as its means of attack. Opponents hit by the fur could be in for three full days and nights of paralysis.

Years
  • It makes me think of Galvantula though I'm not entirely sure.

It has a generous habit of sharing its food with people and Pokémon, so it's always scrounging around for more food.

Lavender

Years
  • Delibird?

It climbs trees by hooking on with its sharp claws. This pokemon shares the berries it gathers, dropping them down to It's pre evolutions waiting below the tree.

Years
  • Something with claws, but evolved.
    Sneasel/Weavile come to mind, but... iirc Weavile only mark trees with their claws... though there was something about climbing trees in Sneasel's Dex entries... Not sure sneasel/weavile would focus on berries... could be Sneasler I guess... not that familiar with the Hisui mons' Dex info.
    Zangoose... usually has Dex entries about it's clashes with Seviper.
    Perrserker has claws, but I'm pretty sure that isn't it... nor Barbaracle.
    Sandslash....I mainly remember dex entries about curling into a ball and stuff about it's spikes and claws... though iirc there were a couple dex entries about it climbing trees and dropping onto their target curled up as a ball...

idk... I could see either eating berries with their previous stages...
    I'll go with Sneasler.

Because it considers itself to be the most important, they can never form a group.

Back