• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D & Xenoblade Chronicles X

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Xenoblade Chronicles X were both talked about today in the latest Nintendo Direct. Let's dive in further!

Xenoblade Chronicles, a game released for the Wii, is going to have a 3DS port is going to be released sometime on April, but it's only going to be exclusively for the New 3DS platform. Xenoblade Chronicles X is a Wii U title that's confirmed to have a NA release (but not a confirmed date yet).

Any thoughts? Hopes? Disappointments? Share em' here!

pkmin3033

Still no release date for Xenoblade Chronicles X. I am FUMING about this! But it looks absolutely STUNNING. I feel a bit of a hypocrite, as I loathe open world RPGs in general and I'm getting so excited about this...but this one has flying mechs and dinosaurs in it...and I loved the Molgera shout-out in that trailer, as well. Plus I'm getting a very Star Ocean vibe from the whole thing, which is awesome. I get the feeling from the trailer that I got when I explored Aeos and Roak in Star Ocean 4, almost. I have very high hopes and expectations for this game.

As for Xenoblade on 3DS...the greatest game ever made, on a handheld. I can't see how this can do wrong. I'm indifferent to the added gallery mode, but I'll take whatever they give me with this as long as it runs smoothly. April 2nd is such a long, long time though ;_;

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Indifferent to the 3DS version. I recently got the Wii version and have no intentions of playing a game that is not designed for a handheld on a handheld. It has such huge areas that it would really be a downgrade in my opinion. Also, I'd have to buy a New 3DS, and I have no intentions of spending more money on that either. I've already bought two 3DSes. (My first one broke.)

As for Xenoblade Chronicles X, I am pretty excited for a new Xeno game. The Xeno series is my favorite of all time, though I have to admit that I didn't find Xenoblade to be as good as Xenosaga or Xenogears. (Don't get me wrong. I still enjoyed it. Just... not as much.) From the things I'm hearing, this game will have more "xenoness," which means it'll be closer to Xenosaga and Xenogears. I'm pretty excited about that, and I hope they make the battles less tedious, as I did not like the Xenoblade battle system too much. Also, the giant robots are back! They'll probably make the huge locations much easier to traverse. Though I'm not very enthusiastic about the prospect of the main character being entirely customizable. It usually hints at an inferior story. We'll see though. Monolith Soft has a tendency to surprise me.

This is one of those few games I plan on getting immediately on release. I'll buy a Wii U too. Because I simply must keep up with the glory of Xeno.

Yukari

I have never been this upset about not owning a Wii U. ;~;

I would like to have the New 3DS version of Xenoblade Chronicles. But I won't be getting it for a while since it really just looks like a port, and I'd have to buy an entirely new system to get it.

But X on the other hand, Holy Shit. I really wish that I had a Wii U. ;~;

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I really don't care about Xenoblade Chronicles's re-release on the 3DS, but Xenoblade Chronicles X.....I really should try to not get excited, but man I want this. It kinda feels to me like PSU+Xeno in a world that looks like an expanded version of FF13's Gran Pulse.

Can a WiiU please just magically appear in my house? Please?

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles and I don't really have plans to, but Xenoblade X looks damn good. 2015 is shaping up to be a godlike year for gaming.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Love the extra environments we saw in the Xenoblade X trailer. SO many of them, and they look great. @_@ And flying through them really was an eye-opener! This'd give so much to exploring oh my god

Really looking forward to this game.

As for the 3DS port, would prefer if it looked better (but still some work to be done with it I bet), but still considering it. The model viewer and moreso the jukebox option are great additions, because xenoblade music is fantastic.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • It kinda feels to me like PSU+Xeno in a world that looks like an expanded version of FF13's Gran Pulse.

Can a WiiU please just magically appear in my house? Please?

Heh,you know,you saying that the world is a more giant version of Gran Pulse reminds me of what me and my sister thought about it.

Also,WHY DON'T I HAVE THE MONIES TO BUY A WII U?! At this point Nintendo can take all the money I still currently have. I need Xenoblade Chronicles X! Give me a release date,while also making sure that it doesn't cost a lot of money,and I'll freaking buy it in milliseconds!

But,there's also Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.....AUUUUUGHH!!! Why am I not rich?! ;^;

Back