• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Yu Suzuki thinks stories like ‘Spy X Family’ would be good for games.

Years

• As part of the Famitsu 2024 New Year Greetings column talking to important members of the game industry, head of Ys Net Yu Suzuki said that stories like Spy x Family or The Apothecary Diaries could be good for making games. The developer also talked about his goals for the coming year. [Thanks, Famitsu!]

Yu Suzuki didn't specify or give any details on how stories like Spy x Family could help in making new games. He only suggested they could have potential.
    Hmm, I wonder what he could mean. Maybe we'll see in the future what he means by this. What do you all think?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Kinda weird he didn't elaborate, but the siliconera article is a bit lacking because I went and read the original Famitsu one and it was much clearer there that he's talking about how stories like that might be good for him to think about as he develops games. I was sitting here trying to figure out how the broad stroke stories of both examples were supposed to apply to game design in general lol.

I feel like you could translate both series to games, the latter would be great as a visual novel, kinetic or otherwise. SxF is one I'm unsure about because I think the gag works so well in the plainer storytelling format of manga/anime, but I'm always down for mutliple viewpoints in storytelling and I think that's where SxF shines, since it usually gives one character the focus of an installment and we see it mostly through their eyes. I think it's fun when games branch out and take on multiple main character viewpoints instead of showing everything from one character's eyes. But I've also seen it done poorly a lot too, so idk.

Years
  • Kinda weird he didn't elaborate, but the siliconera article is a bit lacking because I went and read the original Famitsu one and it was much clearer there that he's talking about how stories like that might be good for him to think about as he develops games. I was sitting here trying to figure out how the broad stroke stories of both examples were supposed to apply to game design in general lol.

I feel like you could translate both series to games, the latter would be great as a visual novel, kinetic or otherwise. SxF is one I'm unsure about because I think the gag works so well in the plainer storytelling format of manga/anime, but I'm always down for mutliple viewpoints in storytelling and I think that's where SxF shines, since it usually gives one character the focus of an installment and we see it mostly through their eyes. I think it's fun when games branch out and take on multiple main character viewpoints instead of showing everything from one character's eyes. But I've also seen it done poorly a lot too, so idk.
    Yeah, it is pretty weird looking at the original article and then theirs. I think I understand what he meant before I went to read further myself. I personally think Spy x Family inspired games are totally welcome IMO. I'd prefer if they were not just your typical farm or life sim as we have way too many IMO nowadays.

There is a Spy x Family game coming out sometime soon:

I think it looks wholesome and cute, and as someone who never watched Spy x Family yet I'd prolly give it a fair shake and then watch the series proper.

Back