• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceknightHan

the last fallen spaceknight
Years
thinx for all of the posts so far, the hideout is closed for me which is part of the game so that options out, although ill try the lottery. still accepting ideas:)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
There's no other way to get more Master Balls other than the daily lottery or someone trading you some. The Master Ball you get in the Lilycove hideout is the only for sure one you get.

spaceknightHan

the last fallen spaceknight
Years
can i catch a cyndaquill?

im playing sapphire for gba and i wanted to know if i could catch a cyndaquill, that always been my favorite starter and i heard a rumor about that sooo. any help?

Years
Legit Cyndaquil, as "easy" to get, would be from EMERALD (catch ALL Hoenn Dex stuff, other than Deoxys and Jirachi; then see Professor)

Or.. from Quilava/Typhlosion, of the Gamecube's Pokemon Colosseum.
Need:
-Gamecube
-Gamecube-to-GBA link cable
- access to Pokemon Colosseum
-to actually BEAT the Colosseum main story

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Legit Cyndaquil, as "easy" to get, would be from EMERALD (catch ALL Hoenn Dex stuff, other than Deoxys and Jirachi; then see Professor)

Or.. from Quilava/Typhlosion, of the Gamecube's Pokemon Colosseum.
Need:
-Gamecube
-Gamecube-to-GBA link cable
- access to Pokemon Colosseum
-to actually BEAT the Colosseum main story

I have heard of the Emerald one but I wasn't sure if it was Emerald exclusive or RS as well. Oh well. :/

Years
So I am playing FireRed on my computer, and my Golbat is about to evolve. 2 seconds into its evolution process, it stops evolving and the text box says "...?". I am not hitting any buttons so im not canceling it. Does it have to do with the fact that Crobat is not in the first pokedex or is it something else?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
FireRed/LeafGreen have an annoying feature where you can't evolve Pokemon whose evolutions are outside of the Kanto 'Dex. Since Crobat wasn't originally in Kanto, your Golbat can never evolve to it until you get the National 'Dex.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I just bought an Emerald game and wanted to use a Feebas I caught in it, I want to know if it's lossible to evolve her. She has a Hasty Nature, and I don't have access to the Pamtre Berry like I thought I did. The internal battery has dried out and I have about 10 Oran berries and some other low level berries in my bag. Is it possible to evolve her before the League like this? I googled ig but couldn't find the right answers.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
I have recently started a Nuzlocke on Emerald and completed the first gym. The problem I have is my Pokes are rather underlevelled with two being at lvl 11, one at l12 and one at l14. Is there anywhere before the second gym that is any good for training or do I have to battle wilds :(

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I have recently started a Nuzlocke on Emerald and completed the first gym. The problem I have is my Pokes are rather underlevelled with two being at lvl 11, one at l12 and one at l14. Is there anywhere before the second gym that is any good for training or do I have to battle wilds :(

You could skip the second Gym. If you manage to find your way through the Granite Cave without Flash and deliver the letter to Steven, you can go to Slateport City before getting the second badge. There are enough trainers there to strengthen your Pokémon before getting back to Brawly.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
You could skip the second Gym. If you manage to find your way through the Granite Cave without Flash and deliver the letter to Steven, you can go to Slateport City before getting the second badge. There are enough trainers there to strengthen your Pokémon before getting back to Brawly.

Wouldn't they be too high level though? Pretty risky during a Nuzlocke.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The trainers on the beach of Slateport shouldn't have a huge level spike, so you should be okay to just go over there, fight the trainers, then come back and be okay for Brawly or at the very least, be a bit higher level so that you can grind in Granite Cave without anything to worry about and then go face Brawly. The first gym to the second in RSE/ORAS is annoying since there's next to nobody to fight before you go to Brawly, so I know the pain, even as someone that doesn't regularly play Lockes, haha.

DyingWillFlareon, since your Feebas is female it seems, I recommend breeding for another one if you're really not sure and can't find a list online (I'm having trouble finding one myself). I do know for a fact that the following natures work: Modest, Mild, Quiet, Rash. I know natures that boost Attack like Adamant will not evolve, however, because they don't like dry Pokeblocks.

Years
DyingWillFlareon, since your Feebas is female it seems, I recommend breeding for another one if you're really not sure and can't find a list online (I'm having trouble finding one myself). I do know for a fact that the following natures work: Modest, Mild, Quiet, Rash. I know natures that boost Attack like Adamant will not evolve, however, because they don't like dry Pokeblocks.

To be specific, the flavour preferences are tied to a certain stat that gets affected by the nature - Spicy is Attack, Sour is Defense, Dry is Sp. Attack, Bitter is Sp. Defense and Sweet is Speed. In this case, Feebas with a Sp. Attack-lowering nature (Adamant, Impish, Careful, Jolly) will have a much harder time with evolving since they hate Dry Pokeblocks.

Pokémon Trainer 188

I'm trying to figure out this whole breeding thing and I was wondering about the egg moves, looking at Horsea's 3rd Gen egg moves I can see it can learn Aurora Beam from a few Pokemon and Dragon Breath from a couple of different Pokemon.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Horsea_(Pokémon)/Generation_III_learnset#By_leveling_up

I was wondering if I bred a Horsea to have Aurora Beam and then used that Horsea and bred that with a Pokemon able to pass down Dragon Breath, would the result be a Horsea with Aurora Beam and Dragon Breath, or just Dragon Breath?

Thanks in advance!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
In this generation, only male Pokemon can pass down Egg Moves. So your best bet would be to find someone who can get Dragonbreath and Aurora Beam (though looking at that list, it doesn't look like anyone is capable of both) and breeding a compatible male Pokemon with those moves with a female Horsea.

I know you seem set on breeding Aurora Beam, but you could always breed Dragonbreath instead and teach Ice Beam. You are able to obtain more Ice Beam TMs through the Game Corner in both RSE and FRLG. Ice Beam is much better than Aurora Beam and since the Horsea line doesn't get any good Dragon moves this gen, Dragonbreath would be the only option for it unless you plan on transferring it.

Pokémon Trainer 188

Oh I see, thank you very much! I will do that! Thanks for the help!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
Problem with Bill

Hello, everyone!

I don't quite have an actual GBA but I downloaded an emulator on android device. So, I'm currently playing Leaf Green and came to Cinnabar island and beat Blaine and met Bill in front of gym, but refused to go with him since I wanted to heal my Pokemon party. I came outside of Pokemon center but Bill wasn't waiting for me and I tried to find him everywhere else on island but he remained hidden. Then I flew to Cerulean city and went to Bill's cottage and he was there. I thought all my problems are gone and when I talk to him, he only says to check out some of his rare Pokemon on his PC. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,
Aljaz

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Bill should be inside the Cinnabar Pokémon Center waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back