• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I have a French Sapphire and although I haven't linked it with an American copy yet, I think you should be okay. Wilhelm has done this with his games iirc, since he's the one that told me he was able to trade something foreign to an American copy with no issue. You're free to contact him for a better answer though. I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

As for trading with Colosseum though, I'm not entirely sure. If I find the time, I could test it out with my French copy soon.

I honestly do not think you would be able to afford a Japanese jewel.

But he's not asking about the price, haha.

Anyways I'll just just use the method to get a full box of raquaza or something, and eventually transfer them to XY. Somehow...

If you plan on doing that, try moving the Pokemon to a legit copy of an advance generation game first. I'm not sure how trading between a fake and real copy works, but I'd imagine it would be okay. But I know that if you have a gen IV game in you DS along with your GBA game, it's gonna get wiped and you'd lose everything. If you don't have another legit GBA Pokemon game, I don't know if there will be a way for you to get your Pokemon out of gen III and into VI though. :( Good luck!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm playing pokemon Sapphire on my Nintendo DS and I have question to Ask.
    How do I use zigzagoon pick up?

User 101 explained it but I'll add some details.
    Basically if you have a Pokemon that has ability Pickup (which you can see on the summary) in your party, after every battle there is a chance it might get an item. After every battle go to your team/party and see if there is a small icon near your Pokemon with the Pickup ability. If there is, click on the Pokemon, then Item, then take. Keep in mind that it wont pick up any new items if it already has one holding. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Thanks for explaine how to use pick up and I have one more question to Ask.

Where can I find nuggets?

Nuggets could be found once in Routes 112, and another in Route 120. There's also one residing in base of Team Magma and Aqua. If you're looking for an easy way to earn cash, though, I'd recommend having on of your party members hold Amulet Coin; with this, you're able to double your earnings every time you battle, making yourself loaded with money in no time, haha. However, you might have to wait until you defeat Pokémon League to get a hold of this item.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • There is also a Lady who can be registered in your PokéNav whose Linoone holds a nugget. With each rematch you can use Thief/Covet to steal it.
    Pickup Pokémon have a chance to find nuggets too.

asa_203

hack seeker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    Pokemon Fire Red: Lorelei issue at the icefall cave.

I beat the elite four and obtained the national pokédex and i went to one island to talk with Bill's friend (i forgot his name) in order to put ruby and saphire on the machine. I went to the Ember Cave to get ruby and complete that mission. To saphire, i went to 4 island and then ice fall cave, got the waterfall hm and went inner cave to battle team rocket along side of Lorelei but Lorelei answers me like i have already beat the rockets. She says : "Red, thank you. But this is awful… I was born and raised here on these islands. I had no idea that those horrible criminals were loose here…" But it was the first time i saw her. Is there anything that i should do first before do this quest?
    I searched everywhere on internet but i did not find anything, they say talk with her sister near her house but I talked everybody at the four island. And also when i click on rocket guys they didn't talk any word.

asa_203

hack seeker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    i searched and read hole lot of data about walktroughs based on fr/lg and i started to think about it must be glitch. there is no way to get it going on. i tried everything, i mean everything legally. after that tried to use gameshark codes to warp the place. But none of those worked out. those rocket guys should go away from icefall cave and that makes the scientist that waiting infront of the cave entrance named "dotted hole" go away. in order to enter the "dotted cave" for obtaining saphire plate i terminate the scientist guy out of the map with using "Advance Map Editor". That was my last and only chance to get tradable fire red game, at least i hope. and i got the second password from crazy scientist and entered the rocked warehouse got the sapphire plate back on machine.
    Sorry to bother you guys, i used to love hack games back in old times but now i'd love to play them legally except for the issues like that.

Cassette_Tape

Retro Fanatic
    Years
  • Hi people, I want to play Pokemon Ruby again but Im worried about telling people I play it, can you give me some support and advice as I worry too much about these sorts of things.

Years
  • Hi people, I want to play Pokemon Ruby again but Im worried about telling people I play it, can you give me some support and advice as I worry too much about these sorts of things.
    Well, I would suggest that if you are afraid to tell people, then don't tell them something like "by the way I'm playing Pokémon Ruby," unless they're the ones to bring it up. If someone asks you what you're playing, then sure I see no problem with it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Well, it's not really something you have to tell people if you don't want to. I think Ruby is old enough and nostalgic enough to where people won't really find it childish or anything. There are a lot of people my age that have gone back and played the generations they missed out on, usually gen III. If anyone has anything to say, just tell them it's a fun game and you enjoy it. Simple as. And if you don't have anyone in person to talk about Pokemon with, we're always here on PC. :)

Not sure how old you are, but if you're college age (18-24ish), a lot of college students tend to pick back up on Pokemon during this time. Not sure why, I guess for nostalgia, but still. If you're still in high school, give it some time and you'll find more people around you that enjoy the series.

Best of luck! I was in your shoes in high school, so I know how you feel.

Years

Then don't :)

If you dont feel comfortable telling someone (or anyone) you're playing Pokemon, simply don't. If they ask you what you're playing, make something up. It's not like you're heavily lying. I can understand why some people wouldn't want to tell they're playing Pokemon, although I rarily stumble upon those who roll their eyes upon Pokemon players.

Don't worry about things like this, it's really not that important lol.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    alright, i have looked up every answer online and yet it doesnt work. i got myself through the game and beat the 7 islands. so now i am just goofing around and evolving pokemon. i got myself a swinub evolved it to and then everything said to go to the move relearner to learn ancient power. however he will not teach it to my level 34. i have been driven insane all day trying to figure out how to get ancient power. any help?

Years
  • alright, i have looked up every answer online and yet it doesnt work. i got myself through the game and beat the 7 islands. so now i am just goofing around and evolving pokemon. i got myself a swinub evolved it to and then everything said to go to the move relearner to learn ancient power. however he will not teach it to my level 34. i have been driven insane all day trying to figure out how to get ancient power. any help?

If you're trying to evolve your Piloswine, then you can't, 'cause Piloswine's evolution didn't exist back then. If you're not, then are you sure you have a Heart Scale? You will need a Heart Scale to have him teach a Pokemon a move.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • alright, i have looked up every answer online and yet it doesnt work. i got myself through the game and beat the 7 islands. so now i am just goofing around and evolving pokemon. i got myself a swinub evolved it to and then everything said to go to the move relearner to learn ancient power. however he will not teach it to my level 34. i have been driven insane all day trying to figure out how to get ancient power. any help?

If you're trying to evolve your Piloswine, then you can't, 'cause Piloswine's evolution didn't exist back then. If you're not, then are you sure you have a Heart Scale? You will need a Heart Scale to have him teach a Pokemon a move.

When talking about seven islands, this more looks like FR/LG's Sevii Islands. Here you need Tinymushrooms or Bigmushrooms for relearning moves.
    And yes, Mamoswine is introduced in Gen IV, which means it's unobtainable in FR/LG. But it is still possible to obtain a Piloswine with Ancient Power, but only as an egg move. You need to breed it with Kecleon or Dunsparce for example. It's also possible to breed with a Smeargle knowing Ancient Power.

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
    Years
  • Gen 3 Question

How many non evolved Pokemon are there in Gen 3? Legendaries included or excluded.
    I came up with this question for the game I am making for my friends and I.
    Also anouther question for this game, is there a capture generator thing we could use?
    Like we put the Pokemon, the level, the HP, what Pokeball is used, what condition it is, and it calculates the chances of capture? That could come in handy. Would be very useful for us. Thank you.

Years
  • For the catch rates, I believe you will find this useful. It takes into account quite a few things, and it includes how certain Poke Balls change the catch rate if you scroll down to the bottom of Generation 3.

As for the amount of non-evolved Pokemon, I'll try have a look. I know there are around 55-60ish Pokemon that haven't been evolved into and can evolve. And then about 45-50 added onto that if you are including Pokemon that can be evolved into and do not evolve (e.g Nosepass, Spinda and Legendaries)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back