• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Voyage Grandeur (IC)

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Vernita Glade
Vernita VS Garret
Terra VS Fletchling
trapinch.gif

As Vernita cheered more, Terra and Fletchling were having a staring contest, each one trying to prove stronger than the other. Meanwhile, Vernita continued on in her head: My partner is so going to win, even if that bird happens to be so cute! I can already taste them Hot Cheetos... That's going to be so good. This so like best day ever! To think Mark ever doubted me on being capable of- Garret, on the other side, seeing his opponent distracted, he welcomed himself to attack first.

"Now Fletchling! Use Growl!" Garret yelled at the top of his lungs and brought focus back to Vernita.

All of a sudden, the Fletchling started to growl harshly and frighteningly, which got a squeal out of poor Vernita. Ahhh! That was scary! But on her side, it seemed that her Tranpinch was unaffected by the foe at all. On the contrary, she tilted her head to the side as to ask 'what was that?' Fletchling gave a battle cry and started to growl more, but Terra didn't even flinch. That's when Vernita's pokedex stared to ring and a light blinked. Confused, Vernita drew the pokedex from her pack and looked at it. So how do you open this again? Tapping it? No, that didn't work. So maybe opening like a book? Nope, shut tight. I knew I should have paid more attention to Mark... Garret from the other side saw her struggle to open the pokedex. He puthis hand of his face and sighed.

"I should have never challenged her to a battle," he mumbled to his Fletchling.

Sighing more, he walked over to Vernita and took away the pokedex she was shaking, and slid it open.

"I knew that," she mumbled.

He walked back and waited for Vernita to make her move, but the pokedex spoke in a female monotone voice.

Tranpinch, the Ant Pit pokemon. This pokemon has the ability Hyper Cutter, which prevents the attack from being lowered by a foe. Fletchling is currently at level 4 and Tranpinch at level five.

Before Vernita could even say a word, a bright light surrounded Terra and she released a battle cry. Then, with all her power, she charged towards Fletchling and sent it flying into the air, and made a hard crash landing. Before it could move, Terra charged at it and bit it, and Fletchling released a cry, leaving both trainers quiet, leaving the bird pokemon fainted down.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Miltus
Walk and Magikarp Massacre

I was getting bored... I get up and i go out saying: "I'm going for a walk on Route 4. I will be right back."

I reach Route 4. When i was about to relax, a kid said:
"I'm going to take you down with my pokemon." This was a challenge for sure. We started. The rules were only 1 pokemon were usable for this battle.

When the pokemon got out the said: "You have no chance v.s. me!". He was confident until he looked to my Beldum. He had a Magikarp. There was a silence. "Ha ah funny... You think that just having a Psychic and Steel Type will save you but i can defeat you!"

"Seriously? With a Magikarp?" I sigh. "Anyway... I will let you attack first."

"Ok Magikarp! Use Splash!" The kid shouted. Magikarp started to jump around but it had done nothing... Everyone was quiet...

"Are you kidding me? Anyway Beldum lets finish this! Take Down!" Beldum hits Magikarp and takes him down. The kid returns the Magikarp and tells:

"When i get a Gyarados i will defeat you!" He runs away. My second pokemon battle was won. The people were cheering for me. But then i realize that i was daydreaming. Everyone weren't surprise that i defeated a Magikarp. Too bad. Even i'm not popular now i need a pokemon. Because if i even i am able to challenge my brothers, i need to be at the level of the match. And with only Beldum it i'll be difficult. Then i check Beldum level. Level 5... This pokedex must be trolling me or i am beating weak guys. I think i will stay at Route 4 to get one pokemon...

Pokemon Party:
Spoiler:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Vernita Glade
Out In The Open
trapinch.gif

Terra let out a battle cry as she stood on top of the defeated Fletchling. Garret kept rubbing his eyes, and Vernita was quiet. Could this really be over that fast? Did Terra actually win? Sure that bird looks as good as dead, but am I sure? Terra decided that for her by picking up the Fletchling and dragged it towards Garret, who returned his pokemon.

"How did you... But how?"

Vernita shrugged her shoulders.

"I really don't know myself. But... I won! Oh yeah!"

She broke into a dance, picked up her Tranpinch, and swung her around in a circle.

"You were so awesome today! You totally caused annihilation out there!"

"Yeah yeah, celebrate all you want. Next time I won't go easy on you Vernita. From here on out, we are rivals. Anyway-"

Garret pulled out his bag of Hot Cheetos and some pokedollars.

"Here you go. A deal's a deal."

Vernita smiled as she took the goods from him. Someone just has to remind me to mark this day on the calendar! I am so loving today! I might even wear the shoes that I bought today... As Vernita counted the money, she stopped Garret.

"Wait a second. This is just 79 pokedollars. I won, so shouldn't I get more?"

"Oh come on! You can't get mad at a broke guy?! Just be happy you won. I'm going back to the Pokemon Center, so see you later!"

Garret ran away back to the city before Vernita could say more. Terra cocked her head, again wondering what was happening.

"I guess I should be happy. Oh well, there should be more trainers out there, no? But still, I have a question for you."

Terra cried, and she looked up at Vernita.

"Well, what exactly did you do to that Fletchling? I know you bit it, but before that. So what was it?"

Terra opened her mouth and reached until she grabbed the pokedex with her mouth.

"So use this? If you say so..."

Vernita slid open the pokedex and she pointed it at Terra.

Tranpinch has the ability Hyper Cutter. It's moves are Bite, Superpower, Fissure, and Sand Attack. To see information of a move, say which one.

"Okay. It sounds like you did Superpower Terra. Okay pokedex, Superpower."

It blink and the robotic voice spoke again.

Superpower. Move usage: 5 power point. This move has a base power of 120, and an accuracy of 100. The user attacks the target with great power. However, it also lowers the user's Attack and Defense by one stage.

"Huh. This is very interesting. Oh well, you're awesome Terra! Anyway, onward with our journey, right?"

Terra nodded and the both ran forward in the empty and barren route of 13. After a while of doing this, Vernita was falling behind in exhaustion, while Terra was running all about, clearly enjoying the sight of the barren wasteland.

"I think... we're... almost... there..."

Tranpinch decided to take action to her own hands, so she decided to chomp on Vernita's hand and drag her forward. She was too tired to yell at her, so Vernita let her partner drag her. Just when she thought she could carry no more, she saw the city in sight.

"Finally..."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Jaril
443MS.png

Coumarine City

It was Jack, her youngest older brother.

Before Jaril knew it, the little encounter had led up to a battle commencing between her and Jack. A pokémon battle, and Jaril's very first. She really had not wished for one of her brothers to be her first opponent - they knew a lot more about pokémon than she did. But here she was now, standing on a street in Coumarine City, facing a Bunnelby with a Gible she hardly knew to fight her war.

"Buster, let's go easy on my little sis," Jack said with his usual snarky grin. "Tackle!"

Jaril wasn't sure how to respond, and thus said nothing. Abraham glanced backwards, expecting an order and taking the silence as a command to hold his ground. He took the Tackle right on, but didn't even grunt at the impact. The Bunnelby jumped back into its starting position, dutifully, after having delivered the blow. Its grin was almost as annoying as its trainer's.

"Sis, you gotta command your pokémon to move. Only wild pokémon move on their own."

"I know that!" Jaril snapped. "I know. I'm just..."

She swallowed hard and clenched her hands. Then, she remembered the pokédex that was still in her hand. She brought it up quickly and took Abraham's readings. It could sense what common moves he already knew. Right. It wasn't much, but she really wanted to wipe that smug expression off Jack's face.

"Tackle!" she commanded, and was almost surprised at how fast the Gible followed her command. Buster had no chance to evade the attack, even.

Still, it was apparent that the Gible was not as physically strong yet as the more trained Bunnelby was, so this Tackle didn't seem to do as much damage.

"Good try, sis!" Jack laughed. "Let's up our game. Quick Attack!"

Buster moved much quicker now and outmaneuvered Abraham easily, delivering an even harder tackle with the extra power. This time, a groan could be clearly heard from the dragon. Jaril felt her heartbeat rising. She was getting more nervous. Or pumped up?

"Come on!" Jack said, as if bored already.

"Okay. Sand Attack!" Jaril said all of a sudden, and her Gible responded immediately. He whipped up dust on from the street and flicked it into Buster's face.

"Dirty moves, eh?" Jack said, raising an eyebrow. "Another Quick Attack, Buster!"

"Sand Attack!" Jaril countered as quickly as she could, knowing well enough to stick to the rules of decency and not order several moves in a row without letting her opponent get a chance. Regular battles should be fair, after all. If Sand Attack could count as fair.

Bunnelby shot forwards just as fast as before - but this time it missed Abraham! The sand had gotten to its eyes and messed with its eyesight.

"Again!" Jack said, clearly annoyed.

"Again!" Jaril echoed.

They did the dance of Sand Attack and failing Quick Attack several times, and Jaril found herself wondering if this was a real pokémon battle or just something... silly between siblings. Then, Abraham suddenly failed to use his move. The ground around him had been stripped clean of dust in his repeated attacks. In his confusion, Buster saw his opportunity even with his muddled sight, and struck.

The dragon was knocked backwards and landed by Jaril's feet.

"Hah! I knew I wouldn't lose against you, little rookie sis," Jack taunted before bringing back Buster into its pokéball. "Seems like you need to toughen up your pokémon some. Teach it some more moves, you know?"

"Yeah..." Jaril said weakly. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to bend down and pat the poor, beaten pokémon in front of her. She still barely knew it. But it had fought for her... He had fought for her, without hesitation he had followed her orders.

As her brother wished her good luck with another laugh and walked away, she did bend down and touched the Gible's head carefully. His eyes opened and she hesitated. But they weren't blaming. Rather, they were soothing. We fought our first battle, wasn't that cool?

Yes, Jaril thought as she returned him to the pokéball. Yes, it was cool. Even if it was just a silly fight between siblings.

Abraham (Gible) grew to lv 6!

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Miltus
Vs. Ralts

I stepped on the flowers when something jumped from it. Was white with a thing that looked like a green hair and 2 red horns. I recognized the pokemon as a Ralts.

The Ralts was ready for battle. I bring out Beldum. The wild pokemon's horns were shining and then Beldum suffered some damage.

"Beldum use Take Down!" Beldum striked into Ralts, hitting it but Ralts stood up. That was sure a great pokemon. Hitting it again would mean the Ralts faint.

I start looking into my bag. I found what i wanted... A pokeball. "This is a great addition to my team."

Beldum got already various hits of Ralts moves. I throw now or i lose.

"Pokeball go!" I threw the pokeball. The pokeball started shaking... Shaking, shaking, shaking... I was about to leave but then the pokeball glowed red. This means i caught Ralts.

The Pokedex starts talking. "Ralts the Feeling Pokemon. If its horns capture the warm feelings of people or Pokemon, its body warms up slightly. This pokemon ability is Synchronize, its Female, its Level 6 and its moves are: Confusion and Growl." Too many info.

I bring out Ralts. "How about to call you Sync?" Ralts nodded happily. I return Ralts and left Route 4.

I went to heal my pokemon. After healing them i returned to the lab. "Hey guys! Did i missed something?" I sit on a chair and start to read a book. This time was a novel book.

Pokemon Party:
Spoiler:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Vernita Glade
A Foe of All Foes
trapinch.gif

After twenty minutes of pulling Vernita towards Luminose City, they finally arrived at the grand place, and Terra let go of her fellow trainer. Sighing, she sunk to the ground.

"Finally," said Vernita with a gasp. She observed the traffic around her, and sighed at the smell of food.

"I can still remember the first time I came here... It was so beautiful! You really should try out the menus they have here! Yeah, they'll be so delicious!"

While Vernita kept on yapping, Terra decided to explore this place. She remembers bit of it, but it was familiar to her. She sniffed and left Vernita. By the time she noticed her pokemon went away, she gasped. Terra! Not know! I'm too tired already!

"Terra! Where are you?"

She heard her partner cry from a good distance. Whatever her feet could carry her, she left towards east of where she came from. As she felt a bit feint, she finally saw her pokemon.

"There you are! How come you went here? The food's south of us."

She picked up her pokemon, who was crying up ahead at the route that awaited them. As she was observing the route, she saw a boy walked back to the city, happy with the pokeball in his hand. Before Vernita could even say a hi, her pokemon leaped out of her arms and went happily towards the route.

"Hey! Wait up!"

Vernita ran after Terra, who was happily skipping. Soon after giving a chase, it went wondering into the grass. Sighing, she followed her pokemon. Come on Terra! I was just getting to the good part you know... I so need a break.

Before Vernita could communicate to Terra, a pokemon jumped out of the grass and startled Vernita. Taking a closer look at it, she saw it was a red flower pokemon staring at her, ready to fight. Tranpinch, knowing when one wants to fight, stepped right up to fight it.

"Really Terra? It's pretty..."

Before she could do anything, the flower pokemon lunged at Terra with a vine and slapped her, sending her flying in the air. Vernita's pokedex made a sound and it was blinking. Knowing what to do, she drew it out and slid it open.

Wild Pokemon Flabèbè. It is a fairy type pokemon, which is super effective against dragons, fighting, and dark types. WARNING! Tranpinch is at half of it's HP due to super effective move Vine Whip by Flabèbè. It will probably faint next turn.

That's not fair at all! I want that Pokémon! But can I risk Terra? Terra made the decision for her by launching herself at the pokemon and biting it. It winced a bit, but the pokemon otherwised looked unharmed.

"Terra! Why did you do that? That-"

Before she could say more, the flower gave a battle cry and went over to Terra, tackling her over. But then Terra took advantage of this and started to glow, and went at it, sending the poor thing to the ground. As she got up, Vernita shook her head and dug in her pack until she found a pokeball.

"Here goes nothing!"

She threw it and a light engulfed the fairy. As the ball shook, Vernita closed her eyes until she heard a click sound. Opening them, she found the pokeball still. At first, she blankly stares, and then she picks it up.

"Alright! I caught a Flabèbè! You'll be a wonderful addition! I'm calling you... Joy! How does that sound?"

Terra cocked her head to the side, but nodded. Vernita smiled and cheered as she exited out the grass. But Tranpinch wasn't looking too good from behind.

"Maybe we should go back to Luminose, right?"

Terra nodded as Vernita picked her up and lifted her up, carrying her. She walked out of Route 4 and went south and walked for a while until she was back at the city and entered the center. She drew out Joy and walked up to the nurse.

"Can you heal them for me?"

The nurse nodded. "Sure. Just give me a moment, but please sit down and enjoy your stay."

"Will do ma'am."

Vernita left the desk and sat down at one of the chairs. She took the chance to organize her backpack, and then closed it. She looked over her pokedex. As soon as I'm done here, I'll go to the lab to the professor. Maybe I'll get to meet the other kids there. Who knows? In these thought, she heard the nurse call her.

" Here you go. These two are all healed up! Thank you and come again."

She bowed down and smiled as Vernita got her pokemon and smiled too.

"I feel a bit better now Terra. As for you, I called you Joy. That's okay with you?"

The flower nodded and she cheered. As they were walking to the lab, Vernita was all of a sudden nervous. But, she shook the thoughts away and entered the lab. The first thing she sees was the boy from earlier, reading a book.

"Say, you don't happen to be a trainer, right? Want to battle these two?"

Terra and Joy cheered in unison.

New Member:
Flabèbè
flabebe.gif

Years
Aria Duchannes

Aria blinked in confusion and sat down on the steps of the lab. She shook her head and sighed. So many things were happening that she couldn't process them. Does the professor really need me? she thought with a frown. Arabella cooed in confusion and tilted her head. She flapped her wings slightly and flew into Aria's arms. Aria petted her softly and looked around nervously, feeling a chill down her spine. Something was going to happen soon. She felt it.

Aria, do you know how long we've been looking for you? Mom's really worried. She gasped as she heard her cousin's voice in her head and looked around, but didn't see him anywhere. She frowned again as she realized that she wasn't in control of her powers well enough to use telepathy like Cameron.

Please don't come looking for me, she thought. Just leave me alone. She could almost see his smug smirk and bit her lip in anger.

Too late. I already know where you are. I'm telling Mom, and you're coming home, whether you like it or not, Cameron said. Aria felt him leave her mind and groaned slightly in anger. Why couldn't her family just leave her alone? She couldn't hide anymore. In a few days, she would be forced back home, forced to try to keep up with her aunt's constant nagging about learning control.

I'm not going back. They can't make me.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years

Tristan Forestier
a trip across town

A trip like this called for using the subway. There was an entrance just a couple blocks away from Tristan's house, and he made a beeline for it.

...Only to bump into somebody the moment he stepped onto the sidewalk.

"Ah!" he exclaimed, stumbling to regain balance and dropping a good amount of his bag's contents. "I'm sorry!"

The woman he ran into seemed to be nice about it, though. "Oh, don't worry, people do stuff like that." Her eyes traveled downwards to the items that spilled on the ground. "Here, let me help you get that."

After a moment, she handed him one last Pokéball that he had dropped. "Here you go."

"Hey, thanks." The two parted ways and Tristan continued to the subway entrance. On the way, he noticed that unlike the other fourteen in his bag, the Pokéball that he was holding had a small sticker on it: a symbol of a rock. It was a common thing for the Pokémon Professors to put labels like that so that they could identify their Pokémon, and given that he had signed up to be a trainer, it only made sense that one of his balls would have a Pokémon in it.

Out of curiosity, he decided to find out what was inside.

Upon releasing it, he saw that it was a blue, vaguely-reptilian creature that wasn't like anything he had really seen before. He retrieved his Pokédex and scanned it.

"Bagon, the Rock Head Pokémon. Its well-developed neck muscles and ironlike head can smash boulders into pieces. Dreaming of one day flying, it practices by leaping off cliffs every day."

"Hmm." Tristan looked at Bagon for a moment. "People usually name their Pokémon, don't they... so how about... Bastien? That works, yeah." Then he kept walking toward the subway.

The subway in Lumiose was not the same kind of thing that's made for Pokémon battles like everyone gets the impression of from Castelia City. In fact, it's so crowded that they don't even allow Pokémon outside of their balls. But Tristan had a pass and knew his way around the subway, so all in all it was a pretty painless trip, and he arrived near Sycamore's lab. He walked the short distance toward it and stepped inside.​

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
1c16604c-0587-451a-a8f1-6a35fdca9ddb_zps771befd0.png

elekid.gif

Izumi Akers - On The Road To Lumiose - First Battle, New Friend

Izumi was thoughtful that hoofing it all the way from Shalour City to Lumiose was not the only option. After all, the girl wanted to make sure that she arrived on time with all the others who may have accepted Professor Sycamore's offer. There would be no possible way of making a bad first impression than by showing up late. This should hopefully not be a problem however, not with a bus being there to provide comfortable transportation between the cities. Normally, the teenager would not have minded the extra exercise. However with what little sleep the girl managed to get overnight, Izumi did not exactly rush to decline this bus ride.

Her chin propped up on her hand, Izumi's blue eyes gazed out the window as the bus roared down the road. Her mind was absolutely racing with thoughts, all questioning and wondering just what sort of experiences this journey would bring... and if by chance, it would allow her to finally find him.

She glanced over at the seat beside her, a small smile gracing her lips as she noticed her Elekid dozing rather peacefully. With as much energy as the little Pokémon managed to show earlier, Izumi was starting to wonder if the little guy had some sort of on/off switch that would need to be flipped at some point or another to give her a small break. Thankfully, this little issue seemed to resolve itself. The duo had barely been aboard the bus for ten minutes when Elekid finally seemed to tire out and catch a nap. Perhaps it had been the rather smooth driving of the bus, mixed with the dull and purr-like roar of the engine that finally caused it to happen. Regardless, Izumi was not one to want to change this turn of events.

The girl calmly and quietly took hold of her backpack. Her movements were slow, as to not risk waking up the Elekid beside her. The girl opened her backpack, starting to rummage through the contents inside until she finally came across a small photograph inside. It was somewhat worn with age, and a bit faded to boot. The image on it displayed a rather young, yet familiar brown-haired and blue-eyed girl. She was smiling brightly, her hand clasping on tightly to that of a man's who appeared to be in early-to-mid thirties. He had somewhat shaggy, medium-length brown hair with the light, scruffy appearance of a five-o'clock shadow resting on his face. A pair of deep, chocolate-brown eyes rested behind a pair of thick, black glasses and a shy, yet honest smile graced the man's lips. The man in the picture was none other than Izumi's father. It was also the photograph she had of the man to remember him by for all these years.

"It really has been a long time, hasn't it old man?" Izumi thought, her fingertips gently running over the man in the photograph. "You dropped me off at Grandma and Grandpa's, promising that I was only paying them a small visit while you took care of quick business to help get us back on our feet. Now, you're just gone... and no one that knew you has seen hide nor hair of you since then. Where the hell did you go?"

The girl sighed, leaning back in her seat as she closed her eyes. Izumi would have been lying if she said that seeing all that Kalos had to offer and going on a grand adventure with Pokémon was the core purpose of her taking up Sycamore's offer. The one thing the girl wanted more than anything else in this journey was to finally track down her father and get some answers. Of course, it was a bit more complicated than that. Izumi knew that it was going to be one hell of a long shot of finding the man. Kalos was not exactly a small region. There was also the problem of her father not even being in Kalos anymore. Going on a world-wide search, while possible, was not a task that the girl looked forward to.

Suddenly, the screeching of the tires caused Izumi's eyes to snap open. The sound seemed to be more than enough to stir her Elekid from his nap as well. In fact, no sooner had the electric Pokémon woken up, he seemed rather pumped and excited once more. Izumi glanced out the window and noticed that the bus was stopped in a rather small, quaint looking town with a rather worn castle sitting in the back, most likely used as some sort of tourist attraction in the small town. Placing the photograph back in her bag, Izumi stowed it away back overhead before rising from her seat and leading her Elekid towards the front of the bus where the driver was still seated.

"Excuse me sir, but this isn't Lumiose, right?" the girl inquired.

The bus driver shook his head. "Nah, kid. We still have a little bit to go. We're just making a small pitstop to refuel up and stretch our legs." He paused, glancing down at the Elekid who was standing by Izumi. The little Pokémon looked almost restless, as if he was about to go flying off the handle at any moment. "Say, why don't ya take this time to take your pal out for some exercise, yeah? We have a bit before we're leaving once more."

Izumi glanced down at Elekid. The man had a point. Her Elekid seemed to have quite a bit of energy to burn.

"Sounds like a good idea, actually," Izumi eventually replied. "I'll go take him out around the route we just came off of."

The driver nodded. "Just don't be late, kid."

Taking Elekid, Izumi stepped off the bus and stretched in the early afternoon sun. After riding on the bus for so long, it felt rather nice to be able stretch her legs and walk around. Taking notice of a nearby sign, Izumi and Elekid made their way to the sign, where the girl knelt down to read it.

"Camphrier Town, huh?" Izumi mused aloud. She glanced down at Elekid. "This is a pretty cozy little town, a bit of a tourist attraction, really. People come by to see the old castle here and the more fancier one up ahead." Elekid gave Izumi a rather clueless look as she spoke. It did not take a great deal of time for the girl to determine that her Pokémon did not have the slightest clue exactly what she was saying. "Um... Forget it. Let's just see what's going on back on that other route..."

Izumi and Elekid made their way from the town, soon coming to a fork in the road not far from the town's exit. Izumi did not think too much of heading continuously to the west along Route 7. It lead pretty far away from Camphrire Town, and walking along the route worried the trainer that she would miss the bus ride to Lumiose. Rather, Izumi decided to take the northwest path along Route 6, which was also known as Palais Lane. It was a rather grassy path, with tall trees lining both sides of the main path. There were also some little slopes on each side which led to rather expansive patches of very tall grass.

"Wow, this whole area looks completely different from Shalour City," Izumi said. "I guess Kalos is a pretty diverse place in terms of geography, huh?" The girl glanced down towards her Elekid as she spoke, her eyes quickly widening as she realized he was not standing beside her any longer. A panic quickly began to arise over the girl, looking all around her for any sign of the Elekid. "There!"

Izumi spotted her new Pokémon trotting down the slope to the left side of the route. She definitely did not want the little guy to wander off into the tall grass on his own. He was already small enoug and finding him in such tall grass was going to be hard enough. Izumi began to chase after him, moving as fast as her legs would carry her into the grass behind her Elekid. In an almost overly-dramatic fashion, Izumi dived for the Elekid into the grass. Her arms wrapped around the Pokémon, taking him for surprise as he let out a loud, grunt-like noise.

"What in the world are you doing, Elekid? You can't just wander off like that! What would have happened if you got lost or something?!" Izumi scolded. Elekid did not really seem to be paying too much attention, however. Instead, the Pokémon seemed to be focusing on trying to wriggle out of Izumi's grasp. The trainer's eyes narrowed at the Elekid in her grasp, clearly not amused as he was starting to act like a toddler not getting his way in some sort of toy store. "What in Kalos are you making such a big fuss about? I'm not gonna let you wander around on your own!"

Elekid began to grunt once more, the Pokémon flailing about before pointing in a rather animated fashion straight ahead of them. Izumi's eyes followed in the direction he was pointing, her blue eyes coming to meet the rather haunting gaze of a pair of wide, purple eyes. Standing before the girl and her Elekid was a gray, furry creature that stared at both of them silently. It almost looked to be some sort of cat.

"What in the world is that...?" Izumi whispered.

Reaching inside of her jacket, Izumi pulled out her Pokédex from a pocket inside and gave the creature a quick scan.

250px-677Espurr.png

"Espurr, the Restraint Pokémon. Espurr's psychic energy can travel hundreds of feet, blasting everything around it."

"Wow, you mean that little fluff-ball is capable of that sort of power?" Izumi questioned. A small smile came to her lips as she glanced up from her Pokédex and looked at the Espurr in front of her and the Elekid. "There's no way I could pass up something like this... Alright, time to make our first catch. You ready, Elekid?!"

Elekid let out a small cheer in agreement. He pumped his little hands up in the air before turning to face the Espurr in front of him. Pokémon in question still stood there quietly, staring at both the trainer and her Electric-type with intense fascination. Truth be told, Izumi found it a bit creepy, but she still relished the thought of having a Psychic type on her team as one of her first catches.

"Alright, Elekid! Let's start this battle off! Attack Espurr with Quick Attack!" Izumi commanded.

Elekid grunted in agreement, running forward as fast as his little legs would carry him. The Espurr's eyes went wide at this development, if that was even possible, and turned to try and run, just in time for one of Elekid's fists to meet its stomach. The small Psychic-type fell back a bit, a rather annoyed look quickly taking over its once emotionless face. The Espurr quickly ran forward itself, taking a swipe at Izumi's Elekid with a set of small, yet rather sharp claws.

"That Espurr is pretty quick..." Izumi muttered, finding herself getting rather excited by the battle. "But we're not gonna give up yet! Another Quick Attack, Elekid!"

Elekid dashed forward once more, preparing his little fists to slam into the Espurr once more. However, the Espurr was ready for his attack this time. The Psychic-type managed to easily dodge Elekid's attack by jumping to the side, before taking another swipe at Elekid with its little claws. Elekid let out a small yelp in pain, rubbing his cheek where the Espurr's last attack landed.

"I got a feeling this little thing's a bit quicker than we are... I think we better go with a different approach, Elekid! Use Thunder Shock!" Izumi shouted.

Elekid jumped back, small sparks of electricity starting to form at the plug-like attachments at the top of his head. With a loud shout, a quick blast of electricity shot forward. It zapped the Espurr quickly, causing it to mew weakly in pain. The little Espurr stumbled forward, trying its best to stand on its feet, but the attack happened to be just enough to cause the Psychic-type to fall flat on its face.

"We did it, Elekid! Way to go!" Izumi cheered. Elekid seemed rather proud of himself too, though a bit tired at the same time. He placed his little hands on his hips, puffing his chest out proudly. "Now it's time for my part..."

A feeling of nervousness came over Izumi as she took one of the empty Pokéballs that were hanging from her belt. Pressing a small button in the center that caused the ball to expand to full size, Izumi took a deep breath before tossing it at the downed Espurr. The ball bounced against the Psychic-type Pokémon, before pulling it up inside the ball with a beam of light. The ball hit the ground, where it slowly started to rock on the ground. Izumi held her breath as she stared at the rocking ball, not daring to even blink. The ball shook once... twice... and then finally a third time before eventually coming to a stop. The Espurr had been caught.

"I did it... We did it..." Izumi whispered, looking down at her Elekid. A wide grin quickly made its way to her lips as the excitement of the whole situation began to finally sink in. "I caught a Pokémon!"

Izumi made her way to the Pokéball, carefully scooping it off the ground and looking at her catch proudly. Part of her wanted to think that this whole thing was just a dream, and she was still dozing on the bus... And it was at this point that her eyes went wide.

"Crap... The bus!"​

Last edited:

Glyph Reader

Holder of the Seven Glyphs
Years
Fellow Recruits Meet
Co-written with Tokio

Donna had been staring at the pokéball, trying to think of a name for the freshly captured Diglett when she heard a voice from behind. Surprised, she nearly dropped the pokéball, the sweat on her hands making it difficult to hold on to. She saw a boy around her age, taller then her and wearing a stylish white shirt and calve-high trousers. He looked rather gangly, his body proportioned rather awkwardly due to puberty, and he seemed to be somewhat shaken. "Err, sorry? I didn't hear what you sai---" She paused. "Actually, w-who are you?" she stuttered. Realizing that she was still holding the pokéball, she stuffed it hurriedly in her bag, flustered and the very slightest bit embarrassed. She hadn't expected to meet anyone so soon.

The boy flushed, pinkness tinting his pale cheeks and his gaze dropping to the ground below. "Oh, man, uh..." He nervously glanced over at the Pokémon standing next to him, a dark-colored dinosaur. His Pokémon didn't seem interested in its trainers plight, however, instead craning its head forward to sniff at these new people. The boy almost looked like he wanted to cry. Despite this, he took a deep breath and tried making eye contact. "I-I'm Raphael... Bataille. I'm... new. I don't k-know what I'm doing, s-so... And you, uh... Dragon-type too... P-Professor Sycamore?" He wasn't the most coherent type, it seemed.

"Uh, I guess, yeah?" Donna paused, unsure about what to do. "I got this Goomy from Professor Sycamore as well. I named him Pluie." As if in response to his name, Pluie gave a small cooing noise. Donna could feel the awkwardness between herself and the awkward boy. She had to break the ice before this got any more awkward. "W-what kind of Pokémon is that, Raphael?" While somewhat intimidating, the dinosaur-like Pokémon's furry head and neck gave it a rather goofy appearance.

Raphael's face softened somewhat noticeably, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Uh, it's a Deino. It's a Pokémon from Unova, so you won't see many around here. I, ah, read about it in a book once... I didn't check the Pokédex or anything. So I'm still learning about it. I... I haven't checked to see whether it's a boy or a girl, yet." He seemed a little sheepish at this fact. "And it doesn't have a name. Yet? I don't know if I want to name my Pokémon... I'm not very good at that kinda thing." At least Raphael had relaxed, a little. "I think... Pluie's a good name for your Goomy, though."

"T-thanks..." Anxiously, she continued. "So, I guess we got the same package, right?" She may not like being around people too much, but Donna knew it wasn't smart to be travel across Route 13 alone --- especially with such inexperienced Pokémon and trainers. She wasn't too sure about this, but her parents would want her to interact with others. All she had done during their absence in Hoenn so far was hiking around Routes 13 and 12 and watching the waves roll across the sea from Hillcrest Cliff. Subconsciously, she took a deep breath. "Would you like to travel with me to Professor Sycamore's lab? Safety in numbers, right?" In times like this, she was glad that her expressions were naturally calm and friendly.

The expression on Raphael's face was hard to read. It was some kind of combination of relief, mild excitement, and unsure nervousness. "Oh, um, yeah, I guess so. Mm. T-the new generation of trainers, c-chosen by the Professor!" It was like he was trying to sound cool and confident, like some sort of hero, but his voice wavered and his face had too much of a flush to be considered truly excited. "And yeah, t-traveling together... that would be nice. I haven't been too far from my home town before..." As if remembering something, he gasped lightly, and his hand shot into his bag. Fumbling around, he pulled out a bottle of water and held it out to Donna, like an offering of peace and friendship. "W-Would you like some?"

Water? Of all the things to forget on what was essentially a hike, her forte! Usually she wouldn't forget such a necessity, but she was quite excited to finally start journeying across Kalos. Now that she thought about it, she was quite thirsty... "T-thanks." Donna took the bottle of water, drank a few mouthfuls, then gave the bottle back to Raphael. "I actually forgot to bring water, so we'll probably want to move fast. I haven't seen you out here before, so I assume you haven't traveled on this route before, right? Just keep an eye on the ground --- if you see a mound of dirt moving towards you, run." A shudder went down her spine. She didn't want to recall the time she ran into a Gible out on her first hike on the sun-baked route.

Raphael's eyes widened once more at the mention of moving dirt. Perhaps it was fear once again, but there was a curious sparkle of interest in those hue-less eyes. "O-Okay, understood," he said, nodding lightly. "I guess... we should head off now?" It wasn't entirely clear who he was talking to. He was gazing at the ground as his Deino gave a light nod, but it could easily have been focused at Donna herself. "It... shouldn't take too long, right?"

"No, not really," Donna shrugged.

After returning Pluie to his pokéball, they walked. The wind whistled in their ears and the dirt crunched beneath their feet as they walked across the Lumiose Badlands. Eventually, the Route Gate for Lumiose City appeared --- they were in Lumiose City. When they got there, Donna grabbed a map of Lumiose from the kind lady at the desk. Using the map, Donna and Raphael made their way to Professor Sycamore's lab.​

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Miltus
Broken Window and Bagon Guy

I was almost asleep... Until i see the timid girl with some problem... But i was really busy reading this novel...

I got bored and then i throw the book back. Unlucky to me i broke a window and the book fell on the head of someone. The assistant comes and says:

"Will you pay the window with cash or card?" I was in trouble now. Now i have to get money to pay the window.

"I will find a way to pay it..." I say very nervous. The assistant was about to throw me out of the lab when a guy and a Bagon enter the lab. She drops me on the floor and goes to talk with the boy.

"Welcome to Professor Sycamore lab. You might be one of the chosen." She said. That boy saved my life. The assistant goes back to work but before she mumbles:

"I'm going to talk with you later..." What she said made me chill down the spine. Is she still going to throw me out?

I walk towards the boy and i present myself. "Hi! My name is Gelius. And i must thank you because if it wasn't you, the assistant would throw me out."

I go back and sit to read another book. Before i reach to the 10th page, a girl comes in and notices me.

She comes near me and engages me to battle.

"Say, you don't happen to be a trainer, right? Want to battle these two?" She said. She was one of the trainers chosen by Sycamore. Oh this was interesting.

"Well... Seeing that you have 2 pokemon and you going to be my "rival"... I accept your challenge!" The assistant comes near me:

"You will pay all you destroy." She was talking about me.

Pokemon Party:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
trapinch.gif
flabebe.gif
Vernita VS Gelius
Adrenaline To Battle
beldum.gif
ralts.gif

Soon, Vernita was in battle position with her fellow pokemon, Terra and Joy. She didn't know exactly what hit her to demand a battle, but maybe it was just instincts kicking in her. She can tell this boy was not someone to kid around, but her Terra can take care of him. She wonders what pokemon he has, even his name.

"What's your name? I'm Vernita."

Soon as Gelius heard her saying her name and asking his he answers:

"I'm Gelius. Nice to meet you Vernita." Gelius says fiddling with his hat. He grab his pokeballs.

"Beldum, Sync. GO!" Gelius throw out the pokeballs. Ralts and Beldum came. They knew this was a battle so they get ready.

The assistant comes. "It's better to fight outside because you will..." Gelius interrupts her.

"Now I'm busy don't annoy me." The assistant walks away angry.

Seeing the fuss, Vernita nods and says "Nice to meet you Gelius. It's best if we do step outside."

Walking with purposes, her pokemon followed her outside. She went out and took the right side outside of the lab and waited for Gelius.

"So, you think you can take care of them?"

The nodded in unison and sent a battle cry. Gelius stepped outside. When he positioned himslef, Beldum and Sync get ready again to fight the Flabébé and the Trapinch.

"Well lets start this battle." Amount of people were surrounding us to see the battle.

"I shall let you strike first Vernita... I want to see how much you can do..." Gelius says.

He was waiting to see Vernita's skills. Vernita gives a heartfelt smile.

"Fine then! Joy, use Vine Whip on Ralts! Terra, use..."

Before she could say more, Terra had already began to glow and charged at Beldum, while Flabèbè let a vine fly towards the Ralts. Vernita sighed, knowing it was useless to give Tranpinch orders. But, she watched earlier how she did, so she had faith in her partner. She was actually curios how Gelius could outwit her pokemon. He was kinda cute, but that doesn't mean she'll lose. Both Ralts and Beldum got hit by moves.

"Lets make our move: Beldum Take Down on Flabèbè, Sync Confusion on Trapinch!"

The Pokemon obeyed as Gelius talked. Beldum charged right onto Flabèbè while Ralts tried to create an headache on Trapinch. The people were watching:

"Hey is that the kid who once was attacked by a wild pokemon and then changed to here?" One people said.

"Yeah. And who is this girl?" Another said.

"I do not know but she seems strong... Specially to challenge a trainer with a Beldum..." Another said.

They were talking about Vernita... She was quite strong but he needed to win to get better. Beldum got a recoil hit. He completely forgot about that! But Ralts seems to go well... As Vernita saw the commotion around her, she started to get nervous. She wasn't used to fighting in a crowd, especially when they are talking like wildfire. Her pokemon took quite a hit, but both were standing tall without fear. Tranpinch shook her head, probably to avoid any confusion.

"Alright Joy! Vine Whip again!"

Flabèbè threw another vine at Ralts while Tranpinch jumped on the Beldum and sank her teeth into it. Why does she do this to me, Vernita asked herself. It doesn't really matter, she knows what she's doing anyway. Meanwhile more people, mostly tourist, started to gather around and already starting to place bets.

"I'm telling you, Beldums are sturdy. That boy will win."

"You forgot, that Tranpinch did Bite, which is super effective on it. Plus, that Flabèbè can pack a punch. She wins."

The crowd was placing bets. Gelius was already used after defeating the Magikarp guy.

"Beldum use Take Down! Sync Confusion!" Gelius shouted as the pokemon obeyed.

Beldum charged onto Trapinch. After hitting Trapinch, Beldum took another Recoil Hit. Beldum was knocked out. Now this was a 2 vs. 1 battle. Ralts made hit on Flabèbè but Gelius knew that Ralts would not last long after all those hits. The tide has changed. Tranpinch was not looking good, but she hanged in there. Flabèbè looked better than she did though, although they know the hits. Both of them were exchanging cries and looks, and then Terra cocked her head at the fallen Beldum and lone Ralts.

"Finish this off! Fl-"

Before Vernita could say anymore, Flabèbè swirled up a wind that turned pink and aimed it at Tranpinch who was starting to glow again. Then she charged at the Ralts, sending the thing into the air.

"Was that Fairy Wind Joy?"

She merely shrugged. The people were making her nervous, as their eyes observed the battlefield and the pokemon. She really enjoyed company, but she hayes the pressure, that's for sure. She watched and tried to see if the pokemon survived. Gelius could not believe that... Ralts was down. He lost. The people yelling at him.

"How could you lose? I lost the bet and its all your fault!" One says.

"Oh come on! I lost all my money in the hand!" Says the rich one

"You loser! Now we know why the bullies annoyed you for long time!" Said one bully.

He returns Ralts. "I had fun Vernita. Say... Lets be friends?"

He says as he extended the hand. He was awaiting for acceptation. Vernita was astonished to see the Ralts knocked out. She blinked and was mouth opened. She was more shocked that people were booing Gelius. As she heard the rude shouts going to him and the cheers to her, she spoke.

"Alright people, just stop-"

Her words were lost to the crowd. Terra, seeing her trainer very helpless, decided to take action in her own hands and tackled the table where the money was and scattered it all over the floor. Then, she cried out to Joy, who gladly sent her vines and grabbed all the money, and handed it to Gelius.

"I think that's for him, no?"

She shook Gelius's hand.

"Next time, just let these two know if you need any help. That was a great battle by the way. We should go hear our pokemon Gelius."

She was right. Their Pokemon were tired and needed to be healed. People continued to booing. The assistant came.

"I see that you 2 are going to heal your pokemon. Also... Gelius here is how much you need to pay to fix that broken window." She says as she delivers him a paper. He reads and he got shocked:

"1500 Dollars? That's half of my money in the hand..."

"You broke it now you pay it!" She shouts. Gelius delivers her the money. She leaves.

"I can't believe I spent half of my money on the window... Anyway meet in the pokemon center OK?" Gelius said to Vernita.

Maybe a new friendship was starting... Vernita was glad that her pokemon were a service to Gelius. He didn't seem mean after all, plus, what does it hurt to lend a helping hand? Both of them walked to the Pokemon Center to heal their pokemon.

Pokemon Status:

Beldum grew to Lv. 6
Tranpinch grew to Lv. 7
Ralts grew to Lv. 7
Flabèbè grew to Lv. 7

Back