• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Voyage Grandeur (IC)

Plume

feather bearer
Years
  • Voyage Grandeur
    ---
    larvitar.gif

POKÉMON ON HAND

Jin stood outside of Coumarine City's Pokémon Center with a package addressed to him in his arms, his eyes fixated on the unfamiliar creature in front of him. He had visited the facility to pick up a delivery from Professor Sycamore; the delivery being a new Pokémon, as well as some extra items. This looked like a Pokémon alright, but it was... odd. It wasn't native to this area, he supposed. Grabbing his newly-obtained Pokédex and sliding it open, Jin scanned the creature into it. In a monotone voice, the Pokédex quickly answered exactly what the creature was.

"Larvitar, the Rock Skin Pokémon. Born deep underground, it comes aboveground and becomes a pupa once it has finished eating the surrounding soil."

Alright, so... Jin thought. I guess it's a Rock or Ground type. Quickly, he shifted the Pokédex back into the package and offered the Larvitar a choice.

"Wanna ride on my shoulder, or relax in your Pokéball?" he inquired. He figured he could judge the Pokémon's potential with this question. Riding on his shoulder represented at least a minimal thirst for adventure. Relaxing in a Pokéball meant a lazy Pokémon. Larvitar sat there, unmoving for a moment. Then, suddenly, it quickly jumped, latching on to Jin's shirt and squirming upwards toward his shoulder.

"I see," Jin chuckled. "I'll nickname you Faust. So, we should probably head to Route 13. Route 12 is too dangerous for us now, considering you're such a minimally-trained Pokémon. From Route 13 we can get to Lumiose, where I'm sure we'll find the Professor."

Faust stared blankly at Jin, obviously not retaining any of the information thrown at him. His new trainer was... odd, to say the most. But that's just how Faust liked it.

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Miltus
    My first Pokemon

I started to run towards the lab with the things i got with the package. I sent out my Beldum. I did not remembered a good nickname to him. "I'll call you as Beldum for now OK?"

The lab was near when i forgot completely. I forgot my hat, my gloves, my bag, my pokeballs and my potions along with other things that i needed. I equip myself better back at home. I start to run towards the lab again. When i enter i yell:

"I'm here Professor Sycamore!!!!!!!" All the aides stopped for seconds. "Where is he?" I continued.

An aide came and said. "You must wait for the others. Sorry." Great! Now i had to wait. At least i had my pokemon.

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Glyph Reader

Holder of the Seven Glyphs
    Years
  • The Meeting

The door closed behind Donna as she entered her room. In her arms rested a small package. With a small reserved smile, she set the brown box and herself down on her decidedly fluffy bed and opened it. Inside, she found a Pokédex --- interesting, but not too exciting --- several potions and pokéballs --- useful for her journey --- and a pokéball with a ribbon tied around it. Her interest was piqued.
    'I wonder what Pokémon is inside?' she thought to herself. Daintily, Donna grasped the pokéball, and pressed the release button. In a flash of white light, a strange, jelly-like creature came out. Pausing briefly, Donna picked up the Pokédex and pointed it at her new Pokémon companion.
    "Goomy, the Soft Tissue Pokémon," the Pokédex softly replied. "It's covered in a slimy membrane that makes any punches or kicks slide off it harmlessly."
    Donna stared at the 'Goomy.' The small antennae on its head stood up perkily, wiggly with its every move. There was a large green circle on both sides of its face. Light purple colored the top, and dark purple the bottom. Combined with its tiny eyes and round appearance, it was absolutely adorable.

Awkwardly chewing her lip, Donna wasn't sure what to do. Raising her hand in a greeting, she said, "Um, hello?" Slowly, like a snail, the Goomy drifted to Donna's lap, cooing towards its new trainer. Suddenly, Donna realized she didn't know if Goomy was a male or female. She pointed the Pokédex at Goomy again and found out Goomy was a male. She smiled. "Since you are male, I'll call you...Pluie." Pluie chirped cheerfully.

Carefully removing Pluie from her lap, Donna began to pack. She found her extra clothes, rain jacket, rain boots and some snacks for the road, then fitted them into her hiking backpack along with the supplies in Professor Sycamore's package. After returning Pluie to his pokéball --- didn't want to lose him --- Donna walked out the door of her aunt and uncle's house. She had already said goodbye to them before they left for their jobs at the docks, so she knew not to waste time. As she walked towards route 13, she smiled. Her journey had begun.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Vernita Glade
    Onward With Terra
    trapinch.gif

As poor Vernita ran towards the Pokemon Center, her head swarmed with thoughts. Oh man, oh man! I'm so going to be late! I knew I should have never gone shopping, but those shoes were so pretty! Plus, it was thirty minutes before delivery! But I need to relax, everything will end up- Before she realized it, she went falling to the ground hard. When she looked up, she saw a woman also falling down, most likely the person she crashed into.

"OMG! I'm so sorry ma'am!" As she saw her pick up some folders, Vernita reached for them. "Here, let me help you with them."

As the lady got up, Vernita finished helping the lady get her things and handed them to her.

"Here you go, every single last one of them. You look nice today by the-"

"Snap it up pesky girl. I'm busy," snarled the lady rudely.

Why is she being so rude? All I did was knock down her papers... It's such a beautiful day, why should anyone be mad? Before she realized it, the woman snatched the folders from Vernita's hands and pushed her as she walked away, checking the folders. I didn't even get her name. As she looked at her watch, she gasped hard, got her fallen backpack, and ran away. Oh no! Now I'm 2 hours late! I just hope the delivery guy didn't go yet... She ran so fast that by the time she reached the Pokemon Center, she went ramming in and went straight through the sliding doors. She saw the delivery man leaving his position and exiting.

"Wait! I'm here for my package!"

Vernita turned around and ran towards the man, nearly tackling him. He looked unfazed as he saw Vernita, huffing and panting. She reached a hand, shaking with exhaustion.

"Package... for... Ver-Vernita Glade."

The man turned to his pack and reached out a box.

"I'm guessing this is yours then." He handed the girl the package. "Have a good day."

With that, he left Vernita with the package. As she held the package, she just stood there, standing still and staring at the package. Then she let out a yell, which caused a couple from PokeMart stare at her, but then they turned away. She leaped as she opened up the box, and there she found a note.

To whoever this may apply, congratulations trainer! You and some other children have successfully opted for the pokemon I, Professor Sycamore, has provided you. In this particular box, you'll find a pokemon called Tranpinch. She is now a ground type, but with hard training, she will go into a dragon. I have also given you pokeballs, a pokedex and potions, but I request your presence in Lumiose City. Please be there, and take good care of the pokemon.

After reading it, she briskly exited the Pokemon Center and went towards the exit leading to Route 13. There, she took the pokeball from the package and released her pokemon. She sighed as she saw her new partner come out and shake her head.

"Aren't you the cutest!? This is so the best day ever!"

She grabbed the Tranpinch and hugged her as the pokemon looked around. At first, she let out a cry, but then upon knowing wrestling was useless, and thus letting Vernita hug her.

"Now what to name you? How about... Hoenn? No, you and I both come from there, but that's not cool. What about... Terra? It's like Terror, but a female version of it. What do you say?"

The Tranpinch, probably wanting freedom, nodded and Vernita settled her down. As she did so, she put down the box and settled down her backpack and opened it up. She put her things in her respective places and left the pokedex in her hands.

"I wonder how do you use this thing? Oh well, I'll just ask the professor later. For now, onward to Luminous City!"

As she ran forward, Terra ran behind her, following her new trainer to wherever she was going.

Last edited:
    Years
  • LM0CdCl.png

It was okay. It was okay. He'd done it. Even if it was just him going to the Pokémon Center to pick up his package. He had awkwardly stammered out a "I, uh, I-I... package... for me. Oh, sorry! For, um, Raphael Bataille?", and after receiving it he had bolted out of there with a thundering heart. But he'd done something outside his comfort zone. For the second time in two days! After all, earlier he'd had to be driven to Coumarine (it really wouldn't be practical for such a nervous kid with no experience to go alone). Now he was standing in the middle of a small city, with sounds and smells of the ocean which he barely knew and large, buildings obscuring his view and his senses and it was like trees but worse and worse and too many people... a bag full of Pokéballs - with one clipped to the strap. O-Oh, right, he'd totally forgotten. Plucking it off the magnetic hold, he stared down at the metallic sphere, before letting it drop to the ground.

A bright flash of white made him shield his eyes. He couldn't stop a whimper from escaping his lips, nervous butterflies fluttering in his stomach. What... what was it? Blinking the stars away, he looked down. His new Pokémon, his new partner, was a little blue dinosaur with what seemed to be shaggy, deep grey hair covering its head and body. At the sight of the little Pokémon, Raph calmed, feeling like his senses all swirled back to his body. A small smile spread over his lips. "You're, um, a Unova Pokemon, right?" He didn't really like Unovan people, but he always thought their Pokémon were interesting. The Deino tilted its head, sniffing at the air, before sputtering. "Y-Yeah, everything smells kinda funny here, right?" Raph crouched down, getting a better look at his new Pokémon. He'd never seen a Deino in real life. The Dragon-type turned its head, now focusing its attention on the boy in front of it. Slowly, it moved its head up and down, like it was mapping him. Raph frowned lightly, confused. Why was it doing that? Delicately, he brushed at its bangs, his eyebrows raising when he realised why the Pokémon was smelling him rather than looking.

"Oh... you're blind." The Deino didn't even have any eyes, simply two depressions in its head where the eyes would be. Somehow, somehow, even though it made him feel bad to do so, Raph smiled. "You're... just like me. You have some bad parts to you, parts that won't work... but we'll work together to be great, right?" His Pokémon tilted its head, before nodding lightly, like it wasn't exactly sure what Raph had said. Still, it was good enough for him. The young man stood back up, and as if remembering he was in the middle of a city he barely knew, spun around slowly to get his bearings. "U-Um, we need to meet Professor S-Sycamore." Talking to Deino felt almost calming, like he could properly get his thoughts out. "And... he's in Lumiose... so we have to go through o-one of the routes." He swallowed, the idea of stumbling through the wilderness looming up like a wave and totally swallowing him, getting lost, getting dehydrated, dying, never being found-

chomp

As if sensing his bad thoughts, Deino had forcefully clamped its jaws around his calf and bit down. Raph yelped and hopped away, clutching the gushing, bleeding, ruined wound- oh, wait, that's Deino's saliva, not blood. Raph shook his head clear. "Uh, thanks." But still, he had to push his way through someplace he didn't know. "But... hey..." he murmured, mostly to himself. "Maybe there's someone I can kinda, y'know, follow... that'll work." Yeah, just tail a more experienced trainer. He should be fine that way. It'll be fine.

Last edited:

doge

???
    Years
  • Madeline Hare & Dratini

Madeline could see why her brother had taken up sailing. Sitting on the edge of the docks, she ran her toes across the water's surface. It was cold, and yet oddly inviting. The calm sea ahead of her was comforting, the idea of the unknown, of adventure. In her view she could see her new Dratini flying in and out of the water, dipping between the sky and the sea. The pokémon was proving to be very energetic, a quality that would match well with Madeline. She heard the sound of heavy feet approaching behind her.

"You all set sis? I'm about to head of- You know, that Dratini of yours reminds me an awful lot of you, although to be fair it hasn't socked me in the chin yet."

Maddy blew the fringe off her forehead, only for it to softly come back down. She tilted her head backwards, and raised an eyebrow at her brother. "You do realize YOU guys were the ones who taught me how to throw a punch right? And how else was I suppose to keep my irresponsible brothers in line?" She smiled and threw a playful wink.

"Irresponsible? I changed your diaper when you were a kid, brat."

Maddy's eyes widened, her cheeks flushed, she quickly turned away. "Okay, okay. Can we not talk about that though? Not only is it embarrassing, but it's kind of gross too."

Her brother let out a booming laugh. "Alright. But really I'm heading off now." He placed a hand on her shoulder before turning to leave. "Stay safe, Maddy. I've been hearing stuff lately, and while I'm sure you know how to take care of yourself, I'm a little worried."

"Don't tell me you're turning into Dad now. You'll end up crashing your boat or something worrying so much." She half-shouted to him. Truth be told it was a little upsetting to hear those words come out of him. Typically, her oldest brother was more keen to throw her into a pack of starving wolves than worry about her. But whatever, she wasn't going to let it get to her. Dratini, dripping wet from it's little swim, sprang up onto the deck, next to Maddy. Its skin seemed shiny, glistening, like it was new. She ran a hand over the pokemon's back; it felt smoother than before.

Nearby, the sound of a beat up engine tried to roar. A few seconds later she saw her brother sailing off from the docks. He turned around one last time, gave Maddy a lopsided smile and waved goodbye. She waved back.

Dratini nudged Madeline, getting her sweater slightly wet in the process. She sighed and pulled out a washcloth from her knapsack, using it to wipe down the pokémon and her sweater. Even while dry, its skin still looked sleek and new. "Dratini…" she whispered to herself. Madeline pulled out her Pokédex, hovered it over the Dragon-type and let it go to work.

"Okay, so you shed. That explains a lot. Huh, the 'Mirage Pokémon,' and here you are right in front me." She tried to cup the underneath of Dratini's chin, but before she could the pokémon slithered out of reach and to the end of the dock. It hopped up and down, using it's head to beckon to Maddy. Suddenly, she felt stiff and uncomfortable. Hopping on to her feet, Maddy started to stretch. She looked over to Dratini and grinned, "Yeah, you're right. Let's get going!"​

Plume

feather bearer
    Years
  • larvitar.gif

POKÉMON ON HAND

As Jin entered Route 13, he had come to a blunt and obvious realization.

Route 13 was barren.

Dust was kicked up into the air by the wind, obscuring the view of the horizon, which meant Jin had only a glimpse of where to head. The only visible ground was red clay, with little tufts of dead branches worming their way to the surface. Rocks dotted the environment, and the only thing that contrasted with all of this was the large silhouette of Prism Tower in the distance. Larvitar, being the Rock Skin Pokémon, seemed to fit entirely too well in this environment.

"Oh well, better start walking," Jin muttered out. Wishing this wouldn't mirror the rest of his adventure, he took a step forward and began trekking toward the mirage of a tower. To the right, there seemed to be an odd-shaped power plant. This most-likely provided electricity for Lumiose, seeing as how it's such a power-hungry city.

Outside of the entrance to the power plant, however. was a suspicious-looking individual, shifting papers in and out of his suitcase before entering the facility. Jin hadn't got a decent view of him, but from what he could tell he was wearing a black suit with an oddly scribed "G" on the behind of the apparel. As far as what his father had told him, Jin knew there used to exist a group that had hijacked the power plant, causing half of Lumiose City to black out. Their name was Team Flare, but they had long since been demolished by the new Champion of the Pokémon League. Their goal was to eliminate most life on Earth, including Pokémon, and to accomplish this they took advantage of an ultimate weapon built by a mysterious individual. The Champion had stopped them just in time, considering the weapon had the power to destroy all life as we know it.

How courageous.

And then suddenly, there was a rumor that wormed through cities and towns alike, a rumor that frightened Jin and loomed over his journey, waiting to strike. Supposedly, when the Champion had defeated Team Flare and they were jailed, some members had escaped and realized that Pokémon weren't the problem. Humans were. They devised a plan to massacre all humans, aside from themselves. They were collectively named Grimoire.

Jin prayed silently that the scrawled "G" wasn't a logo for Grimoire. Otherwise, Lumiose was doomed.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Miltus
    Sleeping in the lab

I was getting bored. So i start to read a book about Pokemon battles. Beldum was on the pokeball.

"When do they reach Miss... Assistant... I do not know your name... Sorry!" She got mad. She told me to be patient. But this was being ridiculous.

I look to my Pokedex. Empty! Neither Beldum's data was there. Well of course because Beldum is a pokemon that is not common on our region.

I continued to read. I look outside. I see the Fletchling and Pidgey flying by. These Pokemon remembered me Vanivile town. But they also remembered me that day that i was attacked. I don't like to talk about that.

I get drowsy... While i was reading my book i was almost falling asleep. Tired is the word that describes me now... I fall asleep.

Pokemon Party:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • Tristan Forestier
    the special delivery

Tristan parked the moped out front; his parents weren't home to yell at him for it, and he wasn't infringing on any driveway space anyway.

He unlocked the door and stepped inside, expecting to find the house empty, but instead--

"Oh, hey Tristan."

His older sister Lise was laying on a couch, staring up at a book in her hands.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were at college."

"I'm on break, so I get to come home." She shifted positions so that she was laying on her side.

Tristan chose not to reply, and instead walked to a rack of DVD cases on the other side of the room.

While picking out a video game to play from that rack, an awkward silence fell between the two.

"So, uh..." he started, trying to make small talk while ultimately uninterested in it, "How's uni treating you?"

"Same as usual... oh, by the way, you've got a package."

"A package? What'd I order?"

"Someone from the Pokémon Lab brought it here. Said you should also head over there when you can."

"Huh..." There was a small-ish cardboard box. Upon opening it, he found a load of Trainer items, plus a new Holo Caster and Pokédex hiding beneath it all.

"The Lab, huh? I guess I'm heading out now then."

He shoved the items into his canvas messenger bag and began to pick up his stuff when he was interrupted by Lise. "Wait! Can I borrow your Peugeot if you don't mind? I have to go to a friend's house later and I need it to get there."

"...I thought you had your own bike."

"I... um... mine is out of service at the moment. Please?"

Tristan let out a small sigh. "Whatever. Since you seem to be incapable of walking and/or using public transport, I'll let you use it. Keys and helmet and stuff are here. I'm leaving now." He shut the door behind him and walked toward Sycamore's lab.​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Jaril
    443MS.png

Coumarine City

The day could have started out much worse, Jaril Amanton thought to herself as she walked with a steady pace away from the post office in Coumarine City's Hillcrest district. In her arms, she carried the package from professor Sycamore. She was not sure of what it would contain, except for one thing - a pokémon. That was a bit surprising, really. Nowadays pokémon were stored and transported through computers. Maybe the professor really wanted this to be special. Like opening up a present and getting a gift.

It wasn't just any gift though. Jaril would have to travel and battle in order to earn it. She would need to become a pokémon trainer. And by Arceus, she would do it better than her brothers had. They had hardly been traveling at all, after all.

She already had her backpack packed with anything she might need for a journey on foot through the so called Badlands of Kalos - Route 13. Her mummy, Fidele, had really not liked the idea of her going out there on her own. But Agda, her other mother, had calmed her wife down, meaning that their daughter wouldn't be alone. She would have her new pokémon with her. And professor Sycamore would not send an untrustworthy pokémon to a kid. Right?

Right? Jaril swallowed hard as she sat down on a bench on the outskirts of the city and began to open the package. Inside was indeed a pokéball, but also a small blue machine, several potions and many more pokéballs put separately from the first one. She picked up the machine and flipped it open. Aha, it was a pokédex of course. Her brothers didn't have these! They were very expensive and the ones you could buy, if you could even find them, were never quite new. Only pokémon researchers had the latest versions... And now Jaril too.

Content so far, she proceeded to put the items away in her backpack's leftover pockets before she turned her attention back to the last item. The special pokéball. She would find her pokémon in here.

She would show her brothers that she was no weakling. She would show the world. With a deep breath, she opened the pokéball.

(OOC: sorry it's short! Will post very soon again.)

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Miltus
    Bully Trouble

"Kid wake up!!!!!" I woke up and fell from the chair and i was on the floor. "Great that you woke up!"

I got up. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" I was mad. I remembered i was talking with a researcher. "Sorry. What is now?"

"Maybe you should go for a walk..." I left before letting her to finish whatever she was saying.

While i was leaving the lab to go to the Pokecenter to buy things, three guys appear. The zone bullies, the guys that are making weak kids and etc. feeling bad and lonely. Luckily that did not worked with me.

"Hey brat! Time to be beaten up!" One of them says and then they laugh.

"Chris, Dennis and Allen... Just shut up!" I was to go but then Chris grabs my jacket. "Let me go off you idiots!"

"Did you called us idiots?" Chris said. He was angry now! "You going to get it!" They call out Zubat, Spearow and Poochyena. I was in trouble for sure!

I had a pokemon on my side so i sent out Beldum. The only move he had was Take Down. Enough? Yes. The guys weren't surprised. I give a command to Beldum, knowing that these guys had pokemon on low level (except Poochyena). "Beldum Take Down!" Beldum hits on Zubat and takes him down.

"Spearow use Peck!" Dennis said. Peck made hit on Beldum but my Pokemon was part Steel.

"Beldum use Take Down again!" Beldum hits Spearow, taking him down too. But i had to be watch out. Poochyena tried a Tackle but Beldum evaded. "Ok Beldum take this." I said while using a Potion.

"Poochyena try a Tackle again!" Poochyena tries to to ram on Beldum. Beldum took the hit, again not taking so much damage for being part Steel Type.

"Beldum lets finish this! Take Down!" Beldum hits Poochyena and knocks him out. I had won!

"I will not forget this brat!" Chris said while retrieving Poochyena and running away along with the others. I went to the Pokemon Center to heal Beldum.

Pokemon Party:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Aria Duchannes

Aria blinked at the cotton bird Pokemon that was flying around her head excitedly and looked back down at the note that the professor had left her. Why me? she thought with a frown. Why would Sycamore ask her for help, trust her with one of his Pokemon? Surely there were better people to ask than the freak of Lumiose City who had run away from home. He couldn't be that desperate for help, could he?

"I guess you're stuck with me," she said to the Swablu. She picked up her backpack and started to zip it up, but the bird had flown into it before she could finish. "You want to ride in my backpack?" The bird cooed and nodded.

"I guess you need a name... Are you a boy or a girl? Coo once if you're a boy and twice if you're a girl," Aria said. The Swablu opened its beak and cooed twice. Aria smiled. "So you're a girl... Hmm... How about Arabella? That's a pretty name." The Swablu smiled (as much as a bird could smile), and settled into the backpack.

"Be careful in there. Don't break anything," Aria said gently. It's technically not even mine... She took a deep breath and started to walk towards Professor Sycamore's lab, feeling butterflies in her stomach. Stay calm, Aria... Just breath... Don't get worked up... Don't break anything... It'll be fine. What's the worst that can happen? she thought to herself.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Miltus
    Getting back to the lab

One thing was true... on Pokemon battling those bullies were weak... I had already healed Beldum. I started to walk along with Beldum.

I was quite popular around... People called me as: "The kid that once was attacked by a wild pokemon and now is living on Lumoise" and "Strange Boy". I did not liked the nicknames.

The bullies had left and no one was crying... I'm sure they left this city... I'm sure they will try to defeat me now.

I was going in the lab... The same Assistant came... "Hello! How was your walk?"

"Fine! Thanks." I said. "When i will meet Professor Sycamore?"

"When everyone comes..." She looked trough the window. "Oh and i am seeing one of the people that were chosen."

When i heard that i jumped off the chair and went near the window. I looked trough it.

Incoming to the lab was a girl... She was timid i could see that... She had a Swablu... Then i heard about that girl... Was a psychic or something... I shout:

"Hey you! Girl with a Swablu! Over here! Come on i'm waiting for hours!" I shouted the louder as i can so she could hear me. The Assistant pulls my ear.

Then i remembered my question. "Hey Miss... Do you know why Sycamore chose me?"

"Because he thought it would be good to go on a adventure like your brothers! He also knew you had the spirit of will for the request. And the last thing is that he knew you always wanted to be the champion... The truth is... Your dad told us everything..." I really need to thank my dad!

Me and Beldum were waiting for that girl and Swablu...

Pokemon Party:
    Spoiler:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Vernita Glade
    A Tranpinch Companion
    trapinch.gif

As the two of them ran, Vernita smiled and sighed. Finally, a dream come true! I can finally explore all of Kalos and find out all the sights to see. Maybe I'll even see my family... Terra in the other hand was looking everything around her; after all, Kalos was very unfamiliar to her. She watched her trainer smiling like a maniac, but with joy in her blue eyes.

"So Terra," Vernita asked shyly. "How are you doing now that you're out of that pokeball? I'm just saying, you and I aren't from these parts, so might as well check on my Hoenn buddy."

At first, she just continued to walk like nothing. But then, she stopped to breathe in the air and nodded her head.

"I'd take that as a yes my friend. They say the air is pretty fresh... But still, I can't believe we are both going on a new adventure. Imagine crawling through caves, hiking up mountains, sleeping in the wild... there's so much to see here in Kalos. And maybe if we meet new friends, we can get stronger and even take on trainers... Team Hoenn is on the roll! Just think about it!"

As she said this, she started to twirl around in excitement, letting her red hair fly with the wind. Apparently though, Tranpinch was thinking about this because she shuddered and shook her head. Based on her look, doing that much adventure didn't excite her so much. As Vernita stopped twirling and continued to walk, she was suddenly interrupted by a yell.

"Hey you!" Vernita turned around and saw a boy with a cap, a plain t-shirt, and shorts on. "Haha! Our eyes meet rookie! Prepare to loose!"

Vernita cheered. She'd seen some of her friends battle before, and things were interesting. OMG! My first battle! To think all this time I watched my friends battle without a care... hooray for me! As she continued to celebrate, the Youngster gave her a confused look but shrugged it off.

"Come on then! Name's Garret. Yours?"

"Vernita. Come on Terra!"

Tranpinch, watching the whole scene, came forward, ready for action. The boy drew out a pokeball and opened it, thus summoning a Fletchling.

"I chose you my friend! Beat that pokemon up!"

Tranpinch was unfazed by the foe presented in front of her. Instead, she look more determined to beat her.

"Say," says the boy. "Do you happen to have any snacks on you?"

"Sure, I got a chocolate bar here."

As Vernita pulled out her bar, the boy took out a big bag of Hot Cheetos.

"Fine. Winner gets both snacks."

Sounds good to me! I'm so going to have a best day ever! I'm sure Terra can beat it anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    1c16604c-0587-451a-a8f1-6a35fdca9ddb_zps771befd0.png

elekid.gif

Izumi Akers - Shalour City - The Journey Begins

Izumi sighed as she stretched, slowly making her way out of the city and up the path that would lead her away from Shalour City. She had been anticipating this moment for so long. In fact, the excitement that this day would bring was more than enough to keep her awake for a good portion of the night. Yet, despite the fact that her body was more than ready to collapse and sleep the day away, Izumi's will and the thoughts of what this journey across Kalos could bring was more than enough to keep the girl energized for the time being.

The sound of tiny, plopping footsteps beside her was more than enough to snatch Izumi out her daydream-like state and focus on the creature that was walking beside of her... Her very first Pokémon. He was tiny, barely reaching up to just knees. Colored in yellow and black, with strange attachments on his hands and head that made the Pokémon look as if he was meant to plugged up into some socket on the wall. Izumi had always assumed that the Pokémon that were assigned to kids when they began their journeys across the various regions were always of the same types: Fire, Water, and Grass. To say that Izumi was delighted that this was not the case for the Pokémon she received from Professor Sycamore's package.

"Truth be told, I don't even know what Pokémon you are," Izumi mused, glancing down at the little creature. A small smile formed on her lips as she watched him dance around, pumping his little plug-like fists into the air with excitement. "We should take care of that first, before going much further... At least, that's what I think anyways."

Pausing for a moment, Izumi dropped her backpack to the ground for a moment. The girl began to rummage through the various supplies and the like she had packed away inside, until she finally came across another object that had been placed inside of Professor Sycamore's package. It was a sleek, handheld, purple, book-like object, which was commonly known as a Pokédex. Izumi carefully took the object in hand. She was not really all that sure of how to use the device, so the girl more or less just decided to wing it by pressing a small button on the cover which caused it to open up. She then pointed the Pokédex out at the Pokémon, which caused an image of the small creature to suddenly appear on the screen.

"Elekid, the Electric Pokémon. Elekid waves its arms to produce a strong electrical charge and gains strength when lightning is present."

Izumi grinned down at Elekid. "Electric-type, huh? Well, I say that already makes us a winning duo!"

"Kid!" the Elekid replied, giving his trainer a bright smile.

Seeing her first Pokémon nod in agreement only did more to excite the girl. Izumi had a good feeling about this journey all of a sudden. Of course, the duo still had a long way to go to reach Lumiose. However, it would not be an adventure if the journey was to be short...

Last edited:

Glyph Reader

Holder of the Seven Glyphs
    Years

• Horizon's Beckoning

Donna was excited. Unlike the other times she went through this Route Gate, she wasn't planning to come back any time soon! Standing on the hardened dirt, she stared at the horizon, Prism Tower accenting the already beautiful sky. The sun beamed down from above, warming her exposed skin. She breathed the familiar dry (and slightly dusty) air, savoring what could be her last breath of it for a while.

Wasting no more time, Donna scanned the ground for some Diglett she could practice fighting with --- she might even try to catch one. While most of the Diglett family out in the Lumiose Badlands were fully evolved Dugtrios, she had found that the young Digletts would travel close to the surface with only a small bump rising from the ground. After some time had passed, a single, solitary bump lightly rose from the ground, cracking the sun-baked dirt as it passed.

She knew it was time. Grasping Pluie's pokéball, Donna shouted, "Pluie, I choose you!" With a flash, Pluie plopped out onto the ground, jiggling as he landed. Pluie gave a loud, challenging, "Gooo." In response, the Diglett burst from the ground, scattering dirt in a small halo around it.

Donna opened her mouth to give Pluie a command when it hit her. "Oh darn it," she muttered. "I didn't look up Pluie's moves!" Panicked, she pulled out the Pokédex from one of her easy access backpack pockets, hurridly trying to find out what Pluie's moves were.

Meanwhile, the Goomy was confused. His trainer was just standing there, breathing really fast while mashing a strange red device. Amist Pluie's pondering, the Diglett wasn't going to sit still. After a second of concentration, the Diglett charged through the dirt, tackling Pluie in the side. Pluie was launched a few feet, landing with a startled "Gooo..."

Just as Donna found the moves, she heard the sound of Pluie being attacked. This wasn't good. "Pluie! Use Absorb!" Shaking himself, Pluie glowed in a green energy and began to suck away at the Diglett's health. Looking noticeably weaker, the Diglett used Sand Attack, dusting Pluie's eyes. Donna paused to think. 'Well, I could defeat it outright... or I could capture it.' After some internal arguing, Donna smiled. "Okay Pluie, use Tackle!" After tensing up, the Soft Tissue Pokémon launched itself into the Mole Pokémon, causing the Diglett to sway about, presumably due to low health.

"Okay then. Looks like it's time for my first capture." Twisting her cap like the character from a certain anime, Donna threw the pokéball at the dazed Diglett, which disappeared in a bright light. The pokéball thudded to the ground, shaking back and forth. After a brief pause, it pulsed with a small light, signifying its capture.

Shaking out of her post-victory stupor, Donna ran over to check on Pluie. Luckily, he was at full health from the Absorb --- good thing Digletts were weak to Grass type moves. After seeing he was okay, Donna walked up to the pokéball lying in the dirt and picked it up. She held it in her hand, staring at in it thought. In fact, someone could easily sneak up on her at that moment...

Pluie grew to level 6!

Last edited:
    Years
  • LM0CdCl.png

It had taken at least an hour of awkward pottering around Coumarine for Raph to pluck up the courage to leave. He had stocked up on water - several more bottles than he would probably need, but it was enough to calm the squirming in his stomach. Deino had just placidly followed along with its neurotic trainer, exploring the scents of the world. Having Deino nearby was pretty comforting - Raph had never owned a Pokémon of his own, but he always felt better around them than he did with people. Even with a small, swaying crowd of strangers around, just having one nearby was enough. Raph did steal furtive, worried glances back at his new companion even when wandering around for supplies - what if it ran away? What if it didn't like Raph? But, as mostly always, his worries had been unfounded.

Now, the two of them found themselves at the mouth of a vast, rocky plains, with winds threatening to blow away Raph's hat. He held onto it tightly, surveying the area with squinted eyes. He'd heard it been called the "Badlands" before, both in books and from his family. Other than the intimidating redness and the utter vastness of the sky above and the way that he'd always catch something in the corner of his eye but by the time he'd look there would be nothing... it didn't seem so bad. Not as bad as he'd expected, anyway. It wasn't as desert-like as he had feared. "Well, alright," he murmured in a voice that barely rose above the howl of the wind, "I-I guess we start our journey now, right, b-buddy?" Deino did what Raph could best describe as a shrug, and plodded on ahead of its trainer.

As the two of them walked, Raph continued to look around. There were some intimidating cliffs, but they were far in the distance, along with the large metal structure of the powerplant. The ground beneath his feet was deceptively flat, despite the myriad of cracks running through the dirt. It looked like this area would get flooded every so often, and then dry up within a matter of days. The only plantlife to speak of was the occasional valiant weed bursting forth from the dead earth, and leaf-bare trees that looked like they were only doing the minimum to survive. A few metal pipes sprouted from the ground like the plants before diving back in to hide. Getting a feel for his environment was another way Raph calmed down - the unknown is scary, but the known is comforting. Deino didn't seem as interested in the land as its trainer, lacking the ability to see, but it would occasionally stop to sniff and poke at the holes left by underground-dwelling Pokémon. Overall, it was pretty peaceful.

It was when Raph was halfway through his second bottle of water that he actually, finally, spotted someone off in the distance. He almost choked on his mouthful. He'd actually kind of forgotten that other people would probably be walking through here - it's not like people avoided the badlands, anyway. A-And maybe they were even someone like him, chosen from many teenagers by Professor Sycamore to become a Pokémon trainer! M-Maybe! He swallowed heavily. Should he just... follow them, like he was planning? But if she was a trainer like him, perhaps she'd be able to help him through Lumiose...? Was it worth it? Is it possible? They'd just find him a nuisance, probably. But maybe not, maybe they'd like him, as much as that was wishful thinking! Raph didn't realise his feet were still moving until he realised he was close enough to see the trainer properly. She was a girl, short, with silky blonde hair hidden beneath a red cap, and wearing a simple, airy outfit. Next to her was a proud Goomy - Raph was pretty familiar with the slimy Pokémon. The girl was staring down at a Pokéball, looking a little dazed, yet with some sort of excitement bubbling underneath. Yeah, she was obviously new. It was worth a shot. He could do it. He could do it. Hecoulddoithecoulddoithecoulddoit

"A-Aaah, h-hello," he said, his voice cracking. "Uh, um, P-Pokémon... Goomy..." Oh, goddamn it. "Your... Goomy. It looks happy." Well. It was better than saying nothing at all.

Years
  • Aria Duchannes

Aria looked up, startled. Her eyes glowed a bright blue as she accidentally activated her abilities, knocking over a nearby streetlamp. She stared at it, her breath catching in her throat. I have to control myself better, she told herself. She looked back at Arabella, who either didn't care about what was happening around her or didn't notice. "Here goes nothing..." she muttered, walking up to the lab. She stopped in front of the assistant and the boy and shifted nervously.

"Um... Hello," she muttered, running her hands through her perfect dark curls. "Um... How are you?" She wanted to go back to her alley. Go back and hide. She was doing perfectly fine on her own. She didn't even know why Professor Sycamore wanted her, or what he expected her to do.

Arabella cooed softly from Aria's pack and tilted her head curiously, not understanding what was going on. She only knew that her trainer was feeling nervous for some reason. She rubbed her head on her trainer's neck, trying to help her. Unfortunately, the girl only stiffened at the touch and whimpered softly.

"Um..." I need to sop saying that. "Where's the Professor?"

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Miltus
    The timid girl

The girl was very timid... I She asked somethings and i answered...

"I'm fine and the professor... I did not saw him today... We need to wait and this assistant is making the things even more boring..." The assistant pulls my ear. "Ouch! Stop it!" I calm down... "Anyway i'm Gelius Miltus, i think you might already heard about me... You know, the boy that was attacked?... And this is Beldum, my partner." I give her a smile and then i continue. "Don't be timid! This is my first time here and i'm not timid... To be a true guy... I'm excited for being chosen by the professor! You should be too."

Then a lab assistant came up. I recognized that face.

"Clarice?" She looked at me and then she looked away and continued her job.

"Where i was... Oh right! We are going to be rivals or whatever... I have a big dream... Becoming Kalos Champion! And for that i must beat the Elite Four! And to beat them... i must beat all the 8 gym leaders! It won't be easy but i will make my dream come true!" I look to the window. The bullies were leaving to Camphirer. They were running away... I think i showed them a great lesson...

Pokemon Party:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Jaril
    443MS.png

Coumarine City

With a deep breath, she opened the pokéball.

Through a glittering, bright light, a pokémon sprung up into the air and took ground several meters away from her on the pavement. Jaril blinked and held her breath without noticing, the now temporarily empty pokéball clutched in her hand.

The pokémon was blue and small, looking quite like a ball from behind. It slowly turned around and revealed two narrow eyes under heavy eyebrows... or headbrow? Teeth glimmered at the slightly opened mouth as the creature and the girl eyed each other warily.

Then, Jaril jumped up from her spot as she remembered that she also had received a pokédex. Grabbing it, she scanned the pokémon who stayed in its spot at some distance from her.

"Gible - the Land Shark pokémon. Dual type - Dragon and Ground. It attacks using its huge mouth. While its attacks are powerful, it hurts itself out of clumsiness, too," the pokédex overly cheerful male voice boomed out. Jaril had a brief thought that she would need a pair of earphones when using this in public.

"A shark who can be clumsy and hurt itself?" she mumbled.

In response, the Gible made a chomping motion and took several steps closer to her. Jaril squeaked and stepped backwards. Her legs hit the bench and she fell back down onto it. The Gible glared dangerously at her. This was a new pokémon, and it wasn't a cuddly rabbit or something like that, it was a creature with dangerous teeth. Probably claws too. It could hurt her badly if it wanted to.

No, stop. This was exactly what she wanted to learn to resist. All pokémon were not mean and evil just because she didn't know them. That's what Jared and her parents, and also Sycamore, had been saying. She knew it to be true. It was just that her body sort of refused to listen.

She forced herself to take a deep, calmer breath, and look more closely at the dragon pokémon in front of her. It was standing still again, as if it was waiting... Jaril gingerly leaned forwards. It didn't look as if it was ready to chomp her hand off, did it? Rather, it was looking expectant. It was waiting for her to say something! Or do something. Yes. Gible didn't know her and could be afraid of her just like she was afraid of it.

"Hello," she said, a bit more high pitched than planned. "My name is Jaril."

Gible's mouth closed and it seemed to relax a bit. But he didn't come any closer.

"What's your name?" Jaril asked just to keep talking, but then realized that it couldn't really answer. "Oh, sorry! You don't have one yet, of course. Hang on."

Her hands were shaking as she looked down at the pokédex again, but she didn't acknowledge it. The machine told her that the pokémon was a male.

"So how about I give you a name? It would be strange if I went around calling you Gible, wouldn't it?" she suggested, looking up again with a daring smile.

Gible actually came closer now, and wasn't that a smile from his side too? It gave Jaril more courage. Maybe her first pokémon wouldn't turn out to be her enemy after all.

"How about... Abraham?"

Gible, now possibly Abraham, didn't have time to reply before a voice interrupted them from across the street.

"Hey, sis! What have you got there?"

Jaril felt embarrassment and anger fume up inside of her. It was Jack, her youngest older brother.

Back