• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a character with your name in the series?

Years
Well, in searching it out because you had me curious...Aside from Whitney in G/S/C, I don't believe there is another Trainer with that name. At least I didn't see when I searched

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Benny from the Anime (my names Ben) traded his wobuffet to Jesse in exchange for her lickitung. Owned her famous wobuffet!

TranquilGladesofXero

Prodigy's Apprentice
Years
OMG, yes there is! I was so hyped when they named the female for X/Y Serena! That is my real name, and I've literally almost freaked when I found out. And, she's even in the anime! That was definitely one of the highlights from my Pokemon experience.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Apparently my name matches with one of the voice actors of Gary in Denmark (Christian Damsgaard). One of the closest are Chris from Pokémon Ranger.

SlightlyWinged

Hyped for OR/AS!
Years
Oh wow, I actually do share my name with someone. :D Nothing big, but apparently there's a "Beauty Lindsay" that you can fight in the Eterna Gym.

It's funny, because most people (or at least everyone where I live) spells it "Lindsey", with an E.

Years
I knew there was a Battle Girl with my name (was SO psyched about that cause it's my favourite class of trainer haha) but a quick search on Bulbapedia revealed four more :)

Battle Girl Laura has a Meditite (in answer to the question of would I train it, I'd probably have a Hitmonlee instead lol!); Lass Laura has a Gloom, Bellossom and Pidgeotto (would definitely train the Pidgeotto, I've always liked it for some reason lol, even a wee bit more than Pidgeot); Psychic Laura has two Natus and a Xatu (nothing wrong with that, I really like Natu haha); Parasol Lady Laura has a Surskit, Goldeen and Seaking (YASS to the last two, Seaking's one of my favourite Pokémon) and Ace Trainer Laura has a Lopunny (which I probably wouldn't train tbh, although I like that it's Mega is now part Fighting type) :)

Years
Apparently there's a trainer in the Black Tower with my name! That is news to me, omg.

Spr_B2W2_Veteran_F.png

Boss Trainer
Janna
Black Tower
Black 2 and White 2

And she uses three awesome legends to boot. Suicune, Latios, and Heatran! Let me just sit here in surprise while I let this sink in. I wasn't aware my name made an appearance at all throughout the franchise.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Yes! There are two characters from two different games who share the same name as I do.

The first one is the female playable character of Pokémon Ranger: Gaurdian Signs. Her default/official name is Summer. When I found out that a playable character has the same name as I do, I had the stupidest grin on my face.

The second one isn't as special as the first one. She's a Trainer in DPPt, and can be found on Iron Island. Camper Summer uses either a Staravia and a Cherrim (Diamond/Pearl) or a Raichu (Platinum) depending on what version you're playing.

There's also a character in the anime called Summer, but unfortunately, she didn't do all that much and only had two lines of dialogue.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I once met a Psychic with my name, I thought it was in Sabrina's Gym. Although he's not an important person, psychic is my favourite type.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
There apparently is an Alex in the anime who is a Shroomish tamer. Totally not what I would do in the Pokémon world, but there you go. Is there a way to check if there are any trainers in the games with a certain name?

EDIT: Remembered there was a Biker Alex, he's on Route 15 in FireRed with a Koffing, Grimer, and Weezing. Still better than the Shroomish guy, but I'd never raise a team like that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 15, 2015
Indeed, the Gym Leader from Sootopolis City. (Pokemon Emerald)
2276410-243px_heartgold_soulsilver_blue.png

Magica

Miss Magic
Years
Apparently not how my name is spelled (Emelie), but there were a few Emilys in the anime. And I'm sure a couple in the games, too. Can't find those on Bulba though...

Back