Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Mono41
Beginning Trainer

So I loaded an older save from before I entered the cave of wisdom and since I reached the end of the beta, I decided to play around with the FireRed walk through walls cheat. Firstly, I found a second cave of wisdom just east of leaf bay city. I also cheated my way into the old mansion north of leaf bay, and found some pretty interesting stuff :D

There were some walls I couldn't walk through, surrounding leaf bay, so I was kept from going to any of the other islands. I'm kind of glad I couldn't get to them. Looking forward to the next beta!

EDIT: wait I didn't find a second cave of wisdom! The game looped back around to route 50 O.o

Last edited by Mono41; February 9th, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old February 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Carana
Beginning Trainer

What is semi-supported?
I'm trying to play this on my phone (Galaxy Note) via Gameboid
It can run Emerald well
What does 'Semi supported' mean? and does anyone know any other programs that can emulate this game on android phones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carana View Post
What is semi-supported?
I'm trying to play this on my phone (Galaxy Note) via Gameboid
It can run Emerald well
What does 'Semi supported' mean? and does anyone know any other programs that can emulate this game on android phones?
owiat ignore this I understand now
But why question is,
What is a IPS?
Do I just get the patch and patch it over fire red then give the rom to my phone?

Last edited by Carana; February 10th, 2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 10th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
Episode 2 of my Let's Play is out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YkVSuadC0k

Playing this I notice there are a number of little bugs, however there are a lot of nifty features as well. I like how the ledge that you jump from looks like going to Cherrygrove from Mr. Pokemon's house.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old February 10th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleguy View Post
Great work LAZ and crew.

I was just wondering, since you said you have (or will?) add a physical/special split to moves, could you perhaps give us a list of the altered moves? I don't think that the elemental punches were affected at all in 3.1. I can also see how you wouldn't want to change vine whip, since that would make growth useless for bellsprout.
Believe me, I checked. The elemental punches are PHYSICAL. And when I say I checked, I mean I sat and watched the game in a debugger from the read of the category byte right through to the read of the physical attack and defense stats.
They are definitely physical.

Quote:
BTW, I don't see why people hate Ruby tiles so much, either. The only graphic I hated from Ruby/Sapphire was the faces of overworld sprites. Something about having no noticeable mouth, combined with the shading making the head look like a ball or something, irks me. Nonetheless, I don't think your game looked ugly at all, fwiw.
Struggling to see how this is in any way relevant, given that the game is based on FireRed. But anyway, I couldn't stand the RSE graphics personally, and I found the OWs particularly irksome, just like you.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old February 10th, 2012, 03:06 PM
esparzamatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Believe me, I checked. The elemental punches are PHYSICAL. And when I say I checked, I mean I sat and watched the game in a debugger from the read of the category byte right through to the read of the physical attack and defense stats.
They are definitely physical.

Struggling to see how this is in any way relevant, given that the game is based on FireRed. But anyway, I couldn't stand the RSE graphics personally, and I found the OWs particularly irksome, just like you.
Dude i cant play your gameokemon Thunder Yellow 2.0 link is broken can you post a new one cuz megaupload was shut down! plz i really want to play
Old February 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM
turtleguy
Unhatched Egg

jambo, thank you so much for your help. It kinda makes me mad tho, cuz I already took ice punch off of my feraligatr and replaced it with dragon claw. Ah, whatever, all I really care about is that physical waterfall, lol gatr and gyarados had to wait a while to get it!

BTW, I was accidentally referencing another hack, sorry about that :D !

Also, the link in your sig leads to megaupload, I think oyu already know why that's a problem
Jesus Christ is the life, truth and way. Pray and ask for Him to come into your heart, and life. Best investment you can ever make!

Last edited by turtleguy; February 10th, 2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: to point something out
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:45 PM
wiifan123
Beginning Trainer

I have a question. How many moon stones are findable in this game and can you buy them anywhere by any chance?

I know I got one but there are at least 4 different pokemon in Liquid Crystal that require a moon stone.
Old February 10th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzamatt View Post
Dude i cant play your gameokemon Thunder Yellow 2.0 link is broken can you post a new one cuz megaupload was shut down! plz i really want to play
Quote:
Also, the link in your sig leads to megaupload, I think oyu already know why that's a problem
I don't even have the patch any more, sorry. And yes, I am aware, I just never got around to removing it from my sig.

Quote:
jambo, thank you so much for your help. It kinda makes me mad tho, cuz I already took ice punch off of my feraligatr and replaced it with dragon claw. Ah, whatever, all I really care about is that physical waterfall, lol gatr and gyarados had to wait a while to get it!

BTW, I was accidentally referencing another hack, sorry about that :D !
You're welcome. Glad to have been of help.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!

Last edited by giradialkia; February 10th, 2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: quoting deleted message
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Killer_Nacho
Beginning Trainer

Hey man. GREAT HACK. Found some bugs in the latest Live release but most of them seem to already be stated except for the ones about the 17 Type Masters. Just stayed up till 3 am to complete it using a Team of Level 80s. First of all, I hope the "prize" will be changed. A Pearl? Really?

Anyway, some bugs I discovered:

1. The Dragon trainer's Salamence has Hydro Cannon. Probably should be Hydro Pump.
2. The Electric trainer's Jolteon has Rain Dance, but Thunderbolt not Thunder... why have Rain Dance without Thunder?
3. After you complete the entire thing, you cannot talk to the Dragon trainer you just defeated.
4. After completing it, I went up to see if I could enter the above chamber (and got told no as normal). I then moved down to the center of the arena, where there was an invisible barrier. I clicked A and it froze the game.

Great game so far really, had a blast playing through it.. Just wanted to bring the above to your attention. Except for that I think the 17 Type Masters is the best end-game content I've seen in a Pokemon game!
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:47 AM
yuuupedwin
Beginning Trainer

im playing it on gpsphone, dude only one fix is needed i guess everything else works fine, when in map and ask a info on a location it crashes and the blackthorn gym leader is a black patch (you can still battle her). Works fine im at elite four now. So everyone who wants to play it on gpsphone, it works fine!!!!
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Killer_Nacho
Beginning Trainer

To add to what I posted above, the Mareep, EEPY you trade for in the second town has no ability.
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuuupedwin View Post
im playing it on gpsphone, dude only one fix is needed i guess everything else works fine, when in map and ask a info on a location it crashes and the blackthorn gym leader is a black patch (you can still battle her). Works fine im at elite four now. So everyone who wants to play it on gpsphone, it works fine!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Nacho View Post
To add to what I posted above, the Mareep, EEPY you trade for in the second town has no ability.
All 3 of these we are aware of. The Mareep glitch is a 2 second fix, so it'll get fixed soon.

The Claire overworld sprite being bugged is a weird one, but it happens on all versions. We just need to find out why it happens and fix it.

The map glitch is (again) known, and we are working on fixing it.
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM
DreamOrDestruction
Master Of the Arcana

Nature: Relaxed
So yeah this may have been posted already but yeah after I got mt. silver and try to go to elite four I get stuck in the wall so can anyone tell me what is happening?
Hacks I Support:

"Life is just the same old thing done over and over again. Those who excel in life are just ordinary people who do ordinary things better than everyone else."

Old February 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM
wiifan123
Beginning Trainer

Sorry for asking twice but can someone please tell me how many moon stones you can get in the game?

The walkthrough (which I believe is a bit outdated) only mentions one moon stone you find but I know there are a bunch of pokemon in LC (Kadabra, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Skitty, Haunter ect.) that require a moon stone to evolve

I have a Haunter (yes I know about the Gengar event, but I prefer to catch and raise pokes from they're 1st stage) that I want to evolve with a moon stone but I'm scared to cause I don't want to be stuck with pokemon that can't be evolved cause I used a moon stone on my Haunter.
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Gamerboy7991
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiifan123 View Post
Sorry for asking twice but can someone please tell me how many moon stones you can get in the game?

The walkthrough (which I believe is a bit outdated) only mentions one moon stone you find but I know there are a bunch of pokemon in LC (Kadabra, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Skitty, Haunter ect.) that require a moon stone to evolve

I have a Haunter (yes I know about the Gengar event, but I prefer to catch and raise pokes from they're 1st stage) that I want to evolve with a moon stone but I'm scared to cause I don't want to be stuck with pokemon that can't be evolved cause I used a moon stone on my Haunter.
I'm guessing you can get 3 moon stones since I got that much and got all 16 badges. I didn't go to the Orange Islands yet.
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:06 PM
wiifan123
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerboy7991 View Post
I'm guessing you can get 3 moon stones since I got that much and got all 16 badges. I didn't go to the Orange Islands yet.
Thanks for telling me that, hmmm I think I'll use my 1st moon stone on Haunter then Jigglypuff and the third on Clefairy since I'm not a fan of Delcatty and Nidoking/Nidoqueen. I don't need Alakazam because I already got a Ralts in the beginning of my game on route 30 (EXTREMELY lucky since I trained on that route for 2 hours after that and never encountered another Ralts ONCE)
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:01 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
All 3 of these we are aware of. The Mareep glitch is a 2 second fix, so it'll get fixed soon.

The Claire overworld sprite being bugged is a weird one, but it happens on all versions. We just need to find out why it happens and fix it.

The map glitch is (again) known, and we are working on fixing it.
So does that means the bug i mentioned previously about the 2nd trainer in nugget bridge could also b fixed?
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

No. The only reason we can definitely fix the bugs I mentioned earlier is because they DO happen on PC. As such, we can easily trace why they happen, and fix the problem. The issue you brought up seems to be specific to one trainer on an emulator none of us have, and that none of us have the equipment needed to debug it.
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Jason_F
Green Avenger

Does anybody know how to get to the Orange Islands? Stupid question, I know, but I've gotten the pass stamped by Prof. Oak and I didn't read what the sailor told me to do to get to there. Now I'm stuck and have no idea how to get there.
Supported Hacks:

Old February 11th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Killer_Nacho
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_F View Post
Does anybody know how to get to the Orange Islands? Stupid question, I know, but I've gotten the pass stamped by Prof. Oak and I didn't read what the sailor told me to do to get to there. Now I'm stuck and have no idea how to get there.
Go to Vermillion, and go to the second floor of the new building there. Then you can get an Undersea pass. Find the undersea express on Route 100 and you're set.
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Jason_F
Green Avenger

Thanks for the help, that stumped me some.
Supported Hacks:

Old February 12th, 2012, 03:52 AM
yuuupedwin
Beginning Trainer

one more question my sound got really buggy after getting to lavender town (might be earlier) its not a clear tone anymore its like crackling, is this problem to gpsphone only or does it have to do with the fact i used the wallhack code so that i could continue in the elite four (was stuck in wall) or just a bad save?. Thx for the greath game

Last edited by yuuupedwin; February 12th, 2012 at 04:07 AM.
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:01 AM
TheMiketroid
The Ultimate Metroid Master

Hello all!

First of all, beautiful hack LaZ. By far one of my favorites.

Secondly, I need some help.

#1) The Blue Flute. Where is it? I've looked EVERYWHERE for it, and yet I still can't find it.

#2) Rayquaza. Seriously, How to get by that damn Super Mario 64-esque staircase? I have caught Groudon and Kyogre AND found the Ruby and Sapphire.

Some clear and concise answers will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Stefke
Togepi

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiifan123 View Post
Thanks for telling me that, hmmm I think I'll use my 1st moon stone on Haunter then Jigglypuff and the third on Clefairy since I'm not a fan of Delcatty and Nidoking/Nidoqueen. I don't need Alakazam because I already got a Ralts in the beginning of my game on route 30 (EXTREMELY lucky since I trained on that route for 2 hours after that and never encountered another Ralts ONCE)
Actually, there's guy who sells them in the Celadon Mansion... meaning you can get as many as you want :D
Old February 12th, 2012, 09:37 AM
frittenfriedel
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy7337 View Post
Okay I have defeated the first gym on orange Islands and went to the manor. I am wondering what to do now, since they have not opened the surf route yet. However i ran into a huge bug, i can actually go into the black part of the building and then walk around and come out either above with the other 2 NPCs or on the other side and then exit, if i exit, the game freaks out, and i can walk on water. you can enter the black by going to the space right above the door and just walking into the black. How am i supposed to open the surf route

That said, I have caught Kyogre, Lugia, Latios, Laitas, Suicune. I haven't able to find the rest of them and i have the
White Flute, Yellow Flute, Red Flute, Blue Flute, DNA Sample, Meteorite, Sapphire, and Silver Wing.
What are the purposes of these, i understand that Silver Wing was for Lugia.
What are the rest of the items for, and how do i use them. Can you catch Mew and Celebi in this game?
Lugia is in Whirl Islands (appears when you have silver wing, just 1 cave is for Lugia!) Regi's and Groudon are catchable in Dragons Den after defeating Silver and the other guy, in this secound entrance), Raikou and Entei are random encounters in Johto, Jirachi is in Dark Cave. No plan what to do with the flutes, there arent the pedestals on Outskirt Island, so i cant catch Moltress, Articuno and Zapdos -.-' Rayquaza isnt in, Mew, Celebi, Deoxys and Mewtwo too
Im now finished with the game, w8ing for new Beta !!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links