• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

§ Re:Mix's Sprites §

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
  • Well, I'm not much of a spriter, but I do sprite when I'm bored, or if I come up with a good idea. I'm not quite familiar with the types of sprites and such, but I do what I can. Also, since I had to restart my entire computer from a virus, and some other issues, I lost my old sprites so...bummer. The Fakèmon will not be in order at the moment, but they will be some time. I suck at shading btw so, I'm trying to do better on that subject. Any advise is appreciated. Alright, please follow the rules and I hope you enjoy my sprites.

§ Color Edits §

Nine Tails

Mew [Same colors I used for Nine Tails. It surprisingly looks similar to the shiny Mew, but a bit darker]

§ Fakèmon §

Name: Liquea
    Type: Water

v
    v
    v
    Name: Liquorus
    Type: Water/ dark

Name: DealaeD
    Type: Dark/Ghost

Name: Keownos
    Type: Psychic/ Water

Name: Shamrock
    Type: Grass\ Psychic

Name: Mahata [No idea xD]
    Type: Dark/ Psychic

Name: Yinangala
    Type: Normal

So, any comments, or advise?

Last edited:

Bellomence

Dragon Rider
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I like all of them, especially the fakemons,

Liquea : I love her, you must make his evolution line :)
    Dealaed : Very plain. Other designs ?
    Keowns : Very Good, I like his lineless-like form
    Shamrock : I can't feel her as a Psychic type.
    Mahata : Very Nice, like it's pose :)

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • Okay, a small update. Second evo of Liquea and a new fakemon called Yinangala. Yinangala is sort-of like Lucario I guess.

Name: Liquorus
    Type: Water/ Dark

Name: Yinangala

Bellomence

Dragon Rider
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Liquorus: Lacks Dark type characteristics 8 / 10
    Yinangala: Legendary ? legendaries are supposed to be bigger and Yinangala doesn't even look legendary, if you want it to be legendary-like, you must build another two, you know, trio legendaries. 7 / 10

Last edited:

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • first: your fakemon ideas are pretty good but they look so flat cause there is just a bit shading,revamping should improve your skill
    the outlines are pretty black, take D/P sprites as example

second: the ninetales recolor has still the original brown on some outlines.using a dark blue on those pixels will fix it and let it look better

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
    Years
  • First of all, Dealaed is to big and a saimese, it has NO shadings at all.
    I can see the Psychic in Shamrock, its based on a 4 leaved clover isn't it?
    Yinangala doesn't look like a legandary, it needs to be bigger and has to be in a trio.

Anyways the others are Brilliant.:)

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • Thank you all for the comments ;] I'm working on the third member of the trio for Yiyangala, and now Yanaya (Whom I'm still working on as well) and Shamrock is based off a four-leafed clover ;o

Up: Date

Name: Yinaya
    Type: Psychic

Name: Flear
    Type: Bird/ Steel

Name: Sinpole
    Type: Ground

Name: Larouma
    Type: Water/Dark

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
    Years
  • Okies, lessee, I'll comment of your fakemon.

The light should be coming from upper left corner. Your sprites have no highlighting, or no darker shades at all, almost, so they look really flat.
    When making fakemon, look at some reference picture to make the anatomy better. The Larouma 'n the others are supposed to be cats, right? Their paws don't really look like cat's paws, and the first evo's tail looks like it was once a stick which was broken. Make it curl upwards.
    Pretty much all these problems are on your other fakemon, too. I do like the concepts, though. ^^

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • Sorry for the long vacation I took .-. I've been editing some of my work but not much has changed. Also, don't think I'm ignoring your comments, I'm just trying to make things look better piece by piece. I finally got around to making a smaller Dealaed though x] To clear things with Cribase, the idea came from crab grass, and I'm having second thoughts on the color of it's skin.

UpDate

Name: Barly
    Type: Flying

Name: Dealaed
    Type: Dark/Ghost

Name: Shadano
    Type: Dark

Name: Cribase
    Type: Grass/Ground

Name: Vipare
    Type: Flying/Poison

Name: Flare
    Type: Fire

Name: Krown
    Type: Steel/Normal

Name: Blunny

Name: Omeme
    Type: Water

Edits

C//I

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • your sprites are good however they seem very flat, as it seems like there is no light giving them that unnatural feel. Apart from that they are quite good.

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • again the shading, even if there is a little more on barly and vipare
    i know you´ve said that you suck at shading, but
    you really need to do some more shading, or you´ll never learn it.
    again pretty nice ideas

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I love you fakémon as your ideas are superb! But, again, the shading. They look really plain... If you need to practise shading try this:
    1. Using the circle shape tool create a fairly good sized circle.
    2. Use the yellow colour and make a large blot on the top. This will be your light source, draw streaks of light if it helps.
    3. Paint the circle with a colour (blue, green or red is good to start of with)
    4. Now, with a darker shade of blue shade the South-East part of the circle. Use the pencil tool as you can use the line easier. Try to make a cresent shape.
    5. Use this same technique, but smaller, on the top with a light blue colour.
    5. At this stage, you should have a good shaded circle, if you want, using a dark tone, darker than the one used as shading, to outline the circle.

Hope this helped.
    I'll be willing to help you some more as I want to see these fakémon proggress.

Back