• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] » The Power Plant « The Electric Type Club

Years
  • Morpeko's the cutest to me and I'd pick that in a heartbeat if we're talking pure looks~ To have to use one in battle though, Elesa has inspired me to pick Emolga and Volt Switch my way thru victory :3

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've always had a soft spot for Plusle. I used in in one of my playthroughs of Sapphire and it did quite well throughout. I also think it's cuter than all the other clones.

Years
    • Seen today
    Signing up post.

Name: ZeoStar
    Electric Partner Pokemon: Eelektross
    Favorite Electric Types: Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Alolan Raichu. Generally like the entire line. There are surely some others that aren't coming to mind at the moment.

My favorite trainer is Wattson, he seems rather joyous.

Years
  • Guess I'll bring in another topic if it's okay....
    Let's talk Baby Pokemon =3

There are 3 Electric type Baby Pokemon:
    172.png
    239.png
    848.png

Do you like Baby Pokemon?
    Which of the Electric type Baby Pokemon is your favorite?
    Pichu evolves through affection while the other two evolve at a certain level. Which evolution method do you prefer for baby Pokemon?

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I'm in!

Name: Mintaka☆
    Electric Partner Pokémon: Kantonian Raichu
    Favourite Electric Pokémon: The Pika family especially both forms of Raichu, Jolteon, Togedemaru, the Mareep line, the Helioptile line, Dracozolt, Rotom, Xurkitree, Raikou, Zeraora and Zekrom.
    Favourite Electric Trainer: Three-way tie between Clemont, Sophocles and Lt. Surge. The first one mainly because of his nerdy personality in the anime, the second one for much the same reasons plus being a good friend to the Alola MC, and the third grew on me unexpectedly for his amusing bravado after playing LGPE and Xenoverse back-to-back (also it helps that I find him rather handsome.)

As regards the latest question, my favourite Electric-type baby is Pichu. It's so round and oh so cute, and I really enjoy raising them and seeing them grow up into equally adorable, chonky Raichu. :D

EDIT: Is discussion of Electric-type Fakemon and Electric-type Trainers from well-known fangames allowed in here? I'd love to discuss that some other time, if you're all interested!

Last edited:
    Years
  • ReKoil randomly tries a topic again to try and keep this club from dying out.

Electric type Legendary Pokemon:
    145.png
    243.png
    642.png

644.png
    785.png
    807.png
    894.png

Electric type UB:
    796.png

What is your favorite Electric type legendary Pokemon or UB?
    Optionally, how would you rank these from most liked to least liked?

My own answers:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Is discussion of Electric-type Fakemon and Electric-type Trainers from well-known fangames allowed in here? I'd love to discuss that some other time, if you're all interested!

Idk... I'm not the Club Owner, but you could try coining a question/topic and see what happens?

Last edited:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Good question ReKoil! Look, I think I'll just rank them under a spoiler and explain my reasoning for each:

Spoiler:

ReKoil said:
    Idk... I'm not the Club Owner, but you could try coining a question/topic and see what happens?

Maybe! I'd like to wait for others to answer your question first though - and that'll give me time to see how I'll frame my question and to look for my favourite Electric-type Fakemon. :D

Years
  • Name: doremi
    Electric Partner Pokémon: pikachu
    Favorite Electric Types: flaafy, magnezone, morpeko, electivire, shinx
    Favorite Electric Trainer: volkners character of being a depressed trainer who no longer gets the same *spark* he once had during battles is relatable, his anime appearances and backstory are what also draw me in since i grew up watching the d&p anime. he's also the 4th hokage of the leaf village!
    Do you like Baby Pokémon? i have nothing against them?
    Which of the Electric type Baby Pokémon is your favorite? toxel is really cute.

Years
  • Don't mind me as I bump this Club into 2023 :coolcat:

How about we talk about our newest Pika-clone?

921.png
    922.png
    923.png

The Pawmi line is our first evolving Pika clone. Pawmo/Pawmot and Iron Hands are also the first Electric/Fighting types.

What's your favorite stage of the three?
    Do you think this line is too long (as in would you scrap a stage or two?) or just right the way it is?
    Do you like or dislike that we now have a Pika clone that can evolve?
    Would you have preferred a different evo method for Pawmot?
    Do you think Pawmo/Pawmot's typing makes sense?

Nemona uses this line on her team as the game progresses. Do you think it fits her team?

Own answers:
    Spoiler:

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • First, i like this line a lot.

Gotta go with pawmot, this one doesn't just bring the cute, but also is a startlingly good pokemon. It's got such excellent attack and good speed, and can ful take advantage of it's ha ability iron first because pawmot gets all 3 elemental punches to play with. It also learns signature moves after evolving. The 120 power damage that Double shock deals is devestating, and there is no drawback to using it once Pawmot terastializes into an electric type, bypassing the effect of electricity loss. It's second signature move revival blessing is more situational, but can still be a life-saver, reviving one fainted pokemon for free.

Do you think this line is too long (as in would you scrap a stage or two?) or just right the way it is?[/B?]

No, i don't think it's too long. I would keep all three stages because it's such a big jump in strength from pawmi to pawmot that i think it feels natural that there would be a middle stage between the two. Just maybe a couple more visual distictions between them could be nice. I think the designs are appealing, but look a mostly similar, at least with pawmo and pawmot.

I'm cool with the idea of an evolving Pika clone. Pikachu itself is a 3 stage evolution, so for another electric mouse to do this and not just stay a single-stage evolution is argugably more fitting actually. Though Pikachu probably isn't too happy about being overshadowed. Pawmot is stronger than Raichu.

No, I am always interested to see new and different evolutions methods, and Pawmot's way of evolving is something that we haven't seen before that helps showcase a mechanic that is also new, the way that eevee's evolution method in gen 6 to Sylveon did with Poke Amie. I think having Pawmo evolve into Pawmot by walking in let's go mode is also clever because this is another pokemon that goes from a quadraped to a biped, and walking can help explain why that happened. Pawmo crawls around on all fours. Pawmi does stand up, but it's feet are pretty tiny and it's front limbs drag along the ground like it still wants to crawl. Pawmot's feet are better defined, and it's frontal arms are more proportioned. It looks like it's adapting to standing on it's own two feet by traveling with you.

Yes, i think it makes lots of sense. It's arms are shaped kinda like punching bags, and the pokedex entries talk about how Pawmo uses those forepaws to strike blows against enemies, plus it's move reflects the fighting typing with lots of fighting moves like mach punch, close combat, brick break etc.

Nemona uses this line on her team as the game progresses. Do you think it fits her team

Since her team is multi type i think it's definitely fair game that she uses this line, though it might give players who picked quaxly some trouble. Also, it's not uncommon for rivals to have pokemon on their team that would be early route encounters, and Pawmi fits that model.

Some nice questions btw!

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Do you think this line is too long (as in would you scrap a stage or two?) or just right the way it is?

I'm kind of indifferent to all of them. I find the evolutionary line adorable, however, I feel as though they look much too similar to one another, and can't help but feel disappointed by this line overall based on the apparent lack of contrast. I do like Pawmot's typing though and I do think it makes sense. I would say that Pawmi is my favourite of the three, its cuteness is undeniable.

Last edited:
    Years
  • bump with a new topic =3

What's your most recent team that you used an Electric type on? Which Pokemon game was this?

I picked up a shiny Pawmi early on during my child account's playthrough of Violet and put it on my team. Not sure that counts as I never finished that playthrough...
    ... my Toxtricity that I used in Shield definitely does count. I hatched the egg from the daycare into Toxel, kept it around for a while assuming it would evolve. It had an unique typing so I was eager to use it, depending on what it evolved into. Toxtricity did however not disappoint and is one of my favorite gen 8 Pokemon.
    I did also use a shiny bred Electivire in Sword later on, but that game is on pause at the champion's cup and was never finished =P

Back