• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

¿What is the worst type for you?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Leans towards Bug. Tends to peak too early and/or have bad secondary typings. Placed some of the better ones out of easy reach too (see: Scizor and Escavalier trade evolutions).

Considers Rock kind of rough too. Dislikes the inaccuracy of its moves. Suffers from double-weaknesses pretty regularly too.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Actually, you had a good point by saying that. A good Pokémon is determinated more by it's performance and possible strategies rather by it's type, but still, the type of a Pokémon plays a important role. Taking for example (and because you named it) Heracross it's an spectacular Pokémon who offers a good offensive and certainly it can resist very well, but the bug type doesn't help him very much by having a 4x weaknesses to flying attacks. I'm not saying that's good reason for not integrate Heracross in your team (obviously not), but you need to think carefully how to having it in your party and a member who can cover that 4x weaknesses to flying attacks.

Practically every Pokémon has a weakness, including those with 4x weaknesses. You must think carefully about any Pokémon that you put in your team, and having Pokémon that cover each other's weaknesses is always an essential aspect of team-building. Sure, while its 4x weakness doesn't help it much, its ability to learn Megahorn, a Bug-type STAB attack with 120 base power, 125 base Attack, its ability to learn the 120 base power attack Close Combat, strong coverage moves such as Earthquake, and the ability to cover 42% of all Pokémon with its Bug/Fighting type combination alone, I would say that the positives outweigh its 4x weakness. Simply put, if Heracross is on your team, for defensive synergy, it is imperative to have a Pokémon with a double resistance to Flying, such as a Steel/Electric Pokémon like Magnezone. If Heracross is about to be hit by a Flying-type attack, simply switch to Magnezone.

Years
  • Rock for me, I think. Have voted fighting before but there are more fighting types that I like quite a lot (like Mienshao and Hitmontop), than there are rock types from what I remember.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • I always thought Ice was weak for me, and for the following reasons; sparse representation between regions, and you really have to work hard to catch or train those at a fair late point.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I always thought Ice was weak for me, and for the following reasons; sparse representation between regions, and you really have to work hard to catch or train those at a fair late point.

It's also in fact the worst defensive typing. I mean, Grass and Rock are bad in that regard for their five weaknesses, but they at least have four resistances, while Ice has four weaknesses and only resists itself. So there's usually no reason to have an Ice type Pokémon other than giving Ice attacks (which are among the most useful) STAB or playing around Hail/Snowscape strategies.

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • I don't really like dragon types, there designs don't really look appealing to me. Also their STAB moves aren't very good, only being super effective on it's same type doesn't seem good to me. As someone who's favorite type is bug, I will not accept any bug type slander. but we all have opinions I guess, lol

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't really care about all the competitive aspects of pokemon, thus things like stab and base stats I really don't pay attention to. For me though, I am not a massive fan of most Steel, Rock, and Psychic pokemon. There is definitely a few of each typing in my top 20 pokemon, but I just don't care about the majority of pokemon in those typing.

In general use though, I don't tend to care about defensive pokemon. I don't know what type has the better defense, but just not my favorite. I much prefer speedy attackers.

Last edited:
    Days
    • she/her
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    I know that psychic is a strong type but the Psychic Pokemon have always annoyed me. Every since Gen 1 I have had a hard time finding enjoyment with them unless they are paired with Ghost types.

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
    Years
  • I don't really care about all the competitive aspects of pokemon, thus things like stab and base stats I really don't pay attention to. For me though, I am not a massive fan of most Steel, Rock, and Psychic pokemon. There is definitely a few of each typing in my top 20 pokemon, but I just don't care about the majority of pokemon in those typing.

In general use though, I don't tend to care about defensive pokemon. I don't know what type has the better defense, but just not my favorite. I much prefer speedy attackers.

Same here. I'd rather Pokémon which are fast and have a excellent attack. Maybe because i'm not someone who really like going with overcomplicated strategies

VaatiRulesets

Check my custom rulesets on my signature ^^ [PC Vi
    Days
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    As many others have said, it's Bug. It does have a niche in competitive though, since it resists both ground and fighting, which are very common.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I don't think there are any genuinely bad types. But I'd say Bug is the least useful out of all.
    Forgot I even posted here, but I take this back completely. Everything, as in both when I said Bug was the least useful type and that there are no bad types. Normal is bar none the most useless type in the whole game.

There are plenty exceptions. The dual type Normal mons that are paired with other types, including Normal/Flying mons, those are all cool. Everything that is considered amongst the best pure Normal are also cool. And unpopular opinion incoming: I think the route 1 two stage guys are also among the better ones, as they are probably going to show up before the best Normal mons do and some could be useful for early game, and since you probably invested EVs into them, you are allowed to take them far if you are particularly attached. And there are also a few miscellaneous Normal mons that I did kind of enjoy using.

But the issue is: if you aren't amongst the best ones like the stuff I mentioned, or if you don't have an interesting gimmick or ability, then you're gonna get overshadowed. Outclassed to the point I'll be like "Man, why can't I use a BETTER Pokemon who can actually deal super effective STAB?". And truth be told, if someone doesn't resist anything and doesn't have an advantage against anything, then it's best that they better have excellent stats or ability or gimmick, or even a reason to even be on the team.

Seriously countless times I added a Normal mon to a team and even if they were the best Normal mon I had, I ended up rejecting it because due to having no particularly good stats and can't have any type advantages through STAB, I rejected them for mons with similar or even slightly worse stats, but ended up with a significantly more fun time.

I heard the excuse that this is all made up for the fact most Normal mons have great movepools. And true, it helps… all the already awesome ones. And for the outclassed ones all the coverage is either stuff that won't help it much or go off the worse attacking stat. And overall, only select Normal mons have these particularly massive movepools anyway, so this isn't a great argument.

I mean Ice also has many problems that even others on this thread mentioned. It's a lot like Normal where it also for some bizarre reason has barely any resistances and it only resists itself. But if I had to choose between a Normal mon and an Ice mon both of which have similar stats, I'd go with the one that can actually deal super effective STAB.

Tl;dr, with several exceptions, Normal has got to be the most useless, bottom of the barrel type that underwhelmed me countless times. There is literally only one Normal evo line that I think is awesome and every other type has at least two. I mean there are many pure Normals that I was kinda attached to due to having good experiences with those, and there generally aren't any Normal mons that I actually dislike, but still!

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
    Years
  • I'd say no type is outright bad, however Ice being a type littered with a ton of slow, defensive Pokemon without any resistances other than itself will always mark it as the worst type for me, I think.
    it's definitely useful to have some variant of Ice type move somewhere on your team, and it's also got standout mons for sure, but most Ice Pokemon aren't typically encountered until later on in most games, can be hard to slot into teams, and most of the standouts are typically dual types (Weavile, Froslass, Lapras, Mamoswine, etc.) who usually benefit more from their secondary typing.

Back