• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • Let's see, an Azumarill and a Mawile can help you to get a victory against Steven, because of their types. :)

She fits in the role as you said, since the line are like gothic variant of the Ralts line (bar Gallade).

I always forget Mawile is Fairy Type now. Flannery, Brawly and maybe Wallace (Gardevoir can learn Thunderbolt) will be straightforward when I do my Fairy AS Run.

Norman's Slaking's will be as tough as always though.

I was thinking of using Altaria as my Mega late-game but that might not be allowed.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I always forget Mawile is Fairy Type now. Flannery, Brawly and maybe Wallace (Gardevoir can learn Thunderbolt) will be straightforward when I do my Fairy AS Run.

Norman's Slaking's will be as tough as always though.

I was thinking of using Altaria as my Mega late-game but that might not be allowed.

Mawile is handy than how it looks, in fact it is currently on the Uber tier. Well it is the deceiving Pokémon after all. {XD}

No worries, Mawile can block Slaking and Azumarill can focus on hitting that thing.

As long as Altaria is used as a Mega Altaria exclusively, then I think it's alright? xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Mawile is handy than how it looks, in fact it is currently on the Uber tier. Well it is the deceiving Pokémon after all. {XD}

No worries, Mawile can block Slaking and Azumarill can focus on hitting that thing.

As long as Altaria is used as a Mega Altaria exclusively, then I think it's alright? xD

I have started the Monotype Challenge and Mawile is proving to be surprisingly useful with it's new typing helping me beat Roxanne (After a long and fun battle) and attacking threats that Ralts is not bulky enough to handle.

Ralts was able to handle Brawly's Gym with ease as well as anything Team Aqua can throw at me.

Both my Pokemon are at Level 17, currently there are only four Fairy Type Family's in the Hoenn Pokedex...it is called a challenge for a reason.:)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I have started the Monotype Challenge and Mawile is proving to be surprisingly useful with it's new typing helping me beat Roxanne (After a long and fun battle) and attacking threats that Ralts is not bulky enough to handle.

Ralts was able to handle Brawly's Gym with ease as well as anything Team Aqua can throw at me.

Both my Pokemon are at Level 17, currently there are only four Fairy Type Family's in the Hoenn Pokedex...it is called a challenge for a reason.:)
    That sounds awesome!

I recall my Ralts from the GBA games was a burden even so when battling Brawly. XD As Ralts couldn't really take physical hits, with a Makuhita that used Bulk Up before hand!

Years
  • That sounds awesome!

I recall my Ralts from the GBA games was a burden even so when battling Brawly. XD As Ralts couldn't really take physical hits, with a Makuhita that used Bulk Up before hand!

I always found training a Ralts hard because of this, even in OR/AS I was using a Ralts to train up into a main team member and she still had to sit out of the Gym due to the weak defenses. I had a Beautifly solo Brawly because of this.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I always found training a Ralts hard because of this, even in OR/AS I was using a Ralts to train up into a main team member and she still had to sit out of the Gym due to the weak defenses. I had a Beautifly solo Brawly because of this.

Flabébé, a fellow Fairy-type Pokémon has this exact problem. Mayybe it was intended? Who would ever thought these puny Pokémon would end up as one of the most reliable Pokémon in team? It's really a rewarding experience for those Trainers who kept them along their journey. :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • That sounds awesome!

Other than maybe Wattson (And Steven) I don't think this Monotype run is going to be as hard as I thought it would be.

Makuhita inexplicably only used Sand Attack against me and Ralts knocked it out in 2 turns. Machop went down in 1 hit. Ralts defense is still very weak though and I didn't use it in the battle against Roxanne.

I (surprisingly) never used the Ralts line in the Original Sapphire so cannot really comment too much in how much the Fairy typing has helped him.

Being able to take only neutral damage to Dark Moves (Like Crunch which seemingly everything learns) is very welcome along with the obvious Dragon Immunity.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Other than maybe Wattson (And Steven) I don't think this Monotype run is going to be as hard as I thought it would be.

Makuhita inexplicably only used Sand Attack against me and Ralts knocked it out in 2 turns. Machop went down in 1 hit. Ralts defense is still very weak though and I didn't use it in the battle against Roxanne.

I (surprisingly) never used the Ralts line in the Original Sapphire so cannot really comment too much in how much the Fairy typing has helped him.

Being able to take only neutral damage to Dark Moves (Like Crunch which seemingly everything learns) is very welcome along with the obvious Dragon Immunity.
    Yep Wattson can be a major threat. Flannery too, if you have no Azumarill.

Probably, as Ralts has x2 resistance to Fighting type moves now. :)

Nowadays, Steel and Ghost-types are the Ralts line's worries.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Yep Wattson can be a major threat. Flannery too, if you have no Azumarill.

Probably, as Ralts has x2 resistance to Fighting type moves now. :)

Nowadays, Steel and Ghost-types are the Ralts line's worries.

Yes. Flannery's Torkoal can be very tanky, even with a water type. Marill will be a must.

I forgot about the double resistance to Fighting. Ralts had gained with the Fairy Typing but the Marill line and Clefable line has gained even more. Clefable has gone from just another normal type to a great Fairy Type, similar with Azumarill.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yes. Flannery's Torkoal can be very tanky, even with a water type. Marill will be a must.

I forgot about the double resistance to Fighting. Ralts had gained with the Fairy Typing but the Marill line and Clefable line has gained even more. Clefable has gone from just another normal type to a great Fairy Type, similar with Azumarill.

Careful with Lava Plume from the Numel, so does that confirm your official third member is Marill? :P Best of luck with getting a Huge Power! ^^

On to our current topic: (originally from CharmedGardy @ Psychic-type Club)
    Which current non-Fairy type Pokemon should be a Fairy-type and why?
    Which current Fairy Pokemon should not be Fairy-type and why?
    Which current non-Fairy-type move should be a Fairy-type move and why?
    Which current Fairy-type move should not be Fairy-type and why?

Years
  • I forgot about the double resistance to Fighting. Ralts had gained with the Fairy Typing but the Marill line and Clefable line has gained even more. Clefable has gone from just another normal type to a great Fairy Type, similar with Azumarill.

You do have to admit they all gained significantly from Fairy-type. Clefable now having more effective STAB that takes advantage of its higher special stats, Azumarill getting extra resistances along with a new physical Fairy move that can destroy a lot of common threats, and Gardevoir now no longer struggling badly against Dark-types.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Careful with Lava Plume from the Numel, so does that confirm your official third member is Marill? :P Best of luck with getting a Huge Power! ^^

On to our current topic: (originally from CharmedGardy @ Psychic-type Club)
    Which current non-Fairy type Pokemon should be a Fairy-type and why?

Yes. I now have a Marill with Huge Power. (Having a Trace Kirlia helped me find it easier) As much as I love Flannery's character I shouldn't be struggling against the fourth Gym Leader. Mawile will have to sit that Gym out completely and Kirlia does not have the bulk against Torkoal.

Onto the questions:

1. Delcatty: Looks cute, has Valerie-like Fairy Type eyes and can learn Fairy type moves as a Skitty. It's also in the Fairy Egg Group If there's one Pokemon that needs a boost it's Delcatty.

2. Mr Mime - I like Mr Mime. (How can you not like Delia's other son) but there is nothing Fairy like about him. Also his Psychic-Fairy type is overshadowed by Gardevoir particularly with the Embrace Pokemon getting a Mega.

3. Covet. The description mentions how the Pokemon goes up endearingly and steals the foes item. Similar to the mischievous side of Fairies.

4. Charm: It was a normal type move and was likely made a Fairy move due to being cute.

You do have to admit they all gained significantly from Fairy-type. Clefable now having more effective STAB that takes advantage of its higher special stats, Azumarill getting extra resistances along with a new physical Fairy move that can destroy a lot of common threats, and Gardevoir now no longer struggling badly against Dark-types.

As someone who remembers Gardevoir getting Sucker Punched and Crunched by everything in Gen 5 Dark type resistance is very welcome as well as being able to one-shot them.

Marill needed a boost too as it was lost in a sea of Water types whilst Clefable has gained most of all new Fairy Types

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yes. I now have a Marill with Huge Power. (Having a Trace Kirlia helped me find it easier) As much as I love Flannery's character I shouldn't be struggling against the fourth Gym Leader. Mawile will have to sit that Gym out completely and Kirlia does not have the bulk against Torkoal.

Onto the questions:

1. Delcatty: Looks cute, has Valerie-like Fairy Type eyes and can learn Fairy type moves as a Skitty. It's also in the Fairy Egg Group If there's one Pokemon that needs a boost it's Delcatty.

2. Mr Mime - I like Mr Mime. (How can you not like Delia's other son) but there is nothing Fairy like about him. Also his Psychic-Fairy type is overshadowed by Gardevoir particularly with the Embrace Pokemon getting a Mega.

3. Covet. The description mentions how the Pokemon goes up endearingly and steals the foes item. Similar to the mischievous side of Fairies.

4. Charm: It was a normal type move and was likely made a Fairy move due to being cute.

Who's gonna be your fourth Fairy-member? :P

Hahaha, I heard that Skitty line feedback from you before. xD You might feel terrible if there's a cat-based Fairy someday. :P

Lmao at Delia's other son. Possible plot twist: It might be a girl! {XD} But yeah, Mime Jr. might look like a Fairy for being pink. But Mr. Mime? It shouldn't strayed far to the Fairy lands! {XD}

I agree with Covet, in fact I'm going to list that as a move should have been retconned as Fairy.

Charm is Fairy? Then why are Captivate and Attract still normal? #How2Normal #How2Fairy #How2GameFreak

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Who's gonna be your fourth Fairy-member? :P

Hahaha, I heard that Skitty line feedback from you before. xD You might feel terrible if there's a cat-based Fairy someday. :P

Lmao at Delia's other son. Possible plot twist: It might be a girl! {XD} But yeah, Mime Jr. might look like a Fairy for being pink. But Mr. Mime? It shouldn't strayed far to the Fairy lands! {XD}

I agree with Covet, in fact I'm going to list that as a move should have been retconned as Fairy.

Charm is Fairy? Then why are Captivate and Attract still normal? #How2Normal #How2Fairy #How2GameFreak

Challenge rules say I can only use what's in the Hoenn Pokedex so it will have to be Jigglypuff. A Pokemon which I have never used before and had no plans to until this Challenge.

Since we tend to get a cat Pokemon every Gen I can see a Fairy-type cat in Gen 7. Maybe a fluffy white Persian cat like Pokemon. It's Shiny will of course be pink.

It's possible as Mr Mime is called the gender neutral 'Barrierd' in Japan. I want my own helper Mr Mime.:)

Captivate I can see being made a Fairy move but Attract is one if those moves that everything can learn which is why it is a normal move.

Update: I got a Shiny Eevee with a Hidden Ability today in a trade on my X game which I evolved into a blue Sylveon which to my surprise has the ability Pixilate which makes Normal Moves Fairy Moves. A welcome bonus.:)

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Which current non-Fairy type Pokemon should be a Fairy-type and why?
    Delcatty have you seen it its pink adorable and is more a fairy type than Granbull ever was.

Granbull ive never understood why he or Snubbul were made fairy types

Lovely Kiss and Sweet Kiss i think all the kiss moves should probably be fairy type moves.

Disarming Voice should probably just be normal idk why it would be fairy really.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I've tried using a Jigglypuff (> Wigglytuff) in FireRed ten years ago. {XD} I'm not sure if it's decent as a Fairy-type now. But it sponges the Special-type moves in Gen II quite well. :) I believe Jigglypuff's your final member. :'( As Altaria isn't allowed as you said.

Perhaps a SIngapura Cat? Known for its petite size. It is the smallest cat breed, yet muscular for its build! So I can see it learning Play Rough and other hard hitting move. Fairy-type needs a speedy hard hitting physical attacker like a Weavile! :)

Congrats! I hatched myself a shiny Eevee last month, which is Timid in nature but has zero IV on Sp. Atk. :'( I wanted myself a Blue Sylveon, I'm not even asking a specific gender. T^T

Awww... Snubull is cute. :'(
    JE059.png

Its line has access to Close Combat, Earthquake, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Crunch, Heal Bell, Rock Slide, Wild Charge and Stone Edge. The only bad thing from Granbull is its low defensive stats.

It is Fairy type because it is the Fairy Pokémon.

A big yes for Sweet Kiss, but nah for Jynx's signature move! {XD}

Disarming Voice is Fairy-type like Charm, because the user uses an enchanting/charming voice to the opposing Pokémon, which are the very definition of Fairies: charming, playful, enchanting.~ ;)

Dedenne1

Years
  • I've tried using a Jigglypuff (> Wigglytuff) in FireRed ten years ago. {XD} I'm not sure if it's decent as a Fairy-type now. But it sponges the Special-type moves in Gen II quite well. :) I believe Jigglypuff's your final member. :'( As Altaria isn't allowed as you said.

Perhaps a SIngapura Cat? Known for its petite size. It is the smallest cat breed, yet muscular for its build! So I can see it learning Play Rough and other hard hitting move. Fairy-type needs a speedy hard hitting physical attacker like a Weavile! :)

Congrats! I hatched myself a shiny Eevee last month, which is Timid in nature but has zero IV on Sp. Atk. :'( I wanted myself a Blue Sylveon, I'm not even asking a specific gender. T^T

JE059.png

Its line has access to Close Combat, Earthquake, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Crunch, Heal Bell, Rock Slide, Wild Charge and Stone Edge. The only bad thing from Granbull is its low defensive stats.

It is Fairy type because it is the Fairy Pokémon.

A big yes for Sweet Kiss, but nah for Jynx's signature move! {XD}

Disarming Voice is Fairy-type like Charm, because the user uses an enchanting/charming voice to the opposing Pokémon, which are the very definition of Fairies: charming, playful, enchanting.~ ;)

BUT WHY
    Why is it the Fairy pokemon? it doesnt look like a fairy! and although its cute that doesnt make it a fairy i mean with all those different moves why isnt it just normal then haha

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    BUT WHY
    Why is it the Fairy pokemon? it doesnt look like a fairy! and although its cute that doesnt make it a fairy i mean with all those different moves why isnt it just normal then haha

It's pink... Is what I wanna say as a main reason! {XD} Apparently, there's more pink than meets the eye.

Here are the answers that I gathered from the web:
    There are indeed Pokemon that would be beter classified as the fairy Pokemon and so they are, for example: Clefairy. At first sight you wold think, why would Snubull be considered the fairy type Pokemon? When you look deeper into mythology, you realise that even Fairies came in different classifications. Snubull might be likely been based on an unclean/aggresive fairy. When looking deeper into religion and superstition dogs (snubull) are often used to display an unclean event. Snubull may not look like a daily Fairy but when looking at it through a mythological aspect it is made clear that even snubull can be called the fairy Pokemon. It is like angels. Commonly angels are displayed as king winged pure beings, but there is also something such as a fallen angel. They look less like common angels but are still under the category angels

Hope this made things clear and I hope I didn't freak you out :P

It is a bit confusing, but there are several traits that may give Snubbull it's species.

Firstly, it's appearance says a lot of untrue things about this Pokemon. Take a look at these Pokedex entries.

By baring its fangs and making a scary face, Snubbull sends smaller Pokémon scurrying away in terror. However, this Pokémon seems a little sad at making its foes flee. - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire

It has an active, playful nature. Many women like to frolic with it because of its affectionate ways. - Pokemon FireRed

Fairies are popular among women, just like Snubbull is. Snubbull is a pink Pokemon and also seems to wear a 'dress', which may make it more fairy-like in a way. Snubbull may not look like a fairy, but how it acts may be why the Pokedex calls it the Fairy Pokemon.

I hope that helps a lot!

Dedenne1

Years
  • It's pink... Is what I wanna say as a main reason! {XD} Apparently, there's more pink than meets the eye.

Here are the answers that I gathered from the web:

I hope that helps a lot!

I would have believed it at pink {XD}
    But that actually makes alittle more sense now haha

Reactions: Sun

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I've tried using a Jigglypuff (> Wigglytuff) in FireRed ten years ago. {XD} I'm not sure if it's decent as a Fairy-type now. But it sponges the Special-type moves in Gen II quite well. :) I believe Jigglypuff's your final member. :'( As Altaria isn't allowed as you said.

JE059.png

It is Fairy type because it is the Fairy Pokémon[/I

Hmmm. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the Pink Balloon Pokemon. My current team seem to be running through everything (Particularly now my Kirlia evolved into Gardevoir) only being held up by Wattson's Volt Switch tactics. I might just stick with the 'Power of Three'.

Those Singapura cats are very cute. I imagine Game Freak have an idea which cat pokemon we will get in Gen 7.

I have a Shiny Male Sylveon and two regular pink female Sylveon, one of the females and the Shiny have the hidden ability.:)

Snubbull is very cute, pink and is indeed the 'Fairy' Pokemon. I did not know about 'unclean fairies' however. Granbull does look aggressive however and would have fitted 'Fairy/Dark'.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back