• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Username: le Batman

My partner is gardevoir

It is strong cute and have few weakness

What is your opinion towards the Fairy type in battle? Cool and strong also cute
    Hello there, new member! Make yourself at home, while we love our club members having fun, don't forget to read the rules. (:

What are your thoughts o our latest topics? Let us know as well! See ya around. (:

CatAlert

[Insert User Title]
    Years
  • Name: CatAlert
    Partner: Oooh, can I get a fluffy Mega Altaria, please?
    Why do you like Fairies: Because I like Pokemons that are cute and deadly, of course. I want to spread and destroy with the cuteness!
    What is your favorite Fairy type?: Azurill, Marill, and Azumarill! They are all so adorable! I also love Mawile, The Rock Fairies, Cottonee and Ralts line, and fluffy Mega Altaria, if that counts.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Name: CatAlert
    Why do you like Fairies: Because I like Pokemons that are cute and deadly, of course. I want to spread and destroy with the cuteness!
    What is your favorite Fairy type?: Azurill, Marill, and Azumarill! They are all so adorable! I also love Mawile, The Rock Fairies, Cottonee and Ralts line, and fluffy Mega Altaria, if that counts.

Hello, CatAlert! Welcome to PC's official Fair-type Club! (: Have you caught yourself a Shiny Swablu? (:

Here's our latest topic, please share us your thoughts about it!

I had to bump this because the results for the Fairy-type poll came in, and we had a change up in the winner this time:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=358547

Our recently-announced club mascot Sylveon has made it to the FPT finale for the first time, dethroning two-time Fairy FPT champion Togekiss by just one vote, and also making Sylveon the third Eeveelution through to the final poll this year.

So, what do you think about Sylveon finally getting a FPT win?

Years
  • Name: CatAlert

Sure you can have one. And welcome to the club!

Hopefully you plan to stick around and answer the topics that come up, including the latest one about Sylveon, who was recently appointed the club mascot. But for now, I hope you have fun and make sure to follow club rules!

Killua

Man sylveon is adorable and i can see why it won from gardevoir my favorita pokemon, it is the best pure fairy poké and is a eveelution, the most loved evolution line.

Last edited:

CatAlert

[Insert User Title]
    Years
  • Thanks for the fluffy Mega Altaria! It's sooooo fluffy and cute!~

To answer the current topic: When I'm asked to list an example of a fairy type, Sylveon is definitely the first thing I think of. Although it is not among my personal favorites, Sylveon is definitely adorable! They are pretty awesome in the games too: I had a plenty of fun running around with one in Super Mystery Dungeon, and I always liked teaming up with Shauna for Battle Maison just because she has one on her team.

As for fluffy Swablus, the only actual shiny Pokemon I caught happened to be a fluffy Swablu, but the rest of my fluffy Swablus and Mega Altarias is just as special to me!

Years
  • Username: Masterclass

Partner Pokemon: Max speed HP Fighting Cottonee the Pawniard slayer

Why you like Fairies: They saved Dark Azelf stall teams from getting ripped apart by creatures such as Salamence and Druddigon (Max defense Kebia Berry Clefable handles both!) Dark Azelf is my favorite player and arguably the greatest player of all time next to Earthworm, so I support a metagame where his teams can function.

What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?

Cottonee is my partner Pokemon, but there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about releasing it in favor of the much better Calm Mind Spritzee. According to LC lord Ryan Hollywood, CM Spritzee has almost zero checks and is impossible to handle in the current metagame, especially with Diglett support to remove Larvesta and Ponyta.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • Username: Aurora

Partner Pokemon: Togekiss

Why you like Fairies: They're both cute AND metagame-defining! What's not to like?

What is your favourite Fairy-type Pokemon? Why?: Tough pick between Cleffa and Togekiss. Cleffa is absolutely adorable, but so is Togekiss. Togekiss also has competitive value, being a victim of former UU tier leader kokoloko's tiering philosophy this generation as well as a good Pokemon in BW UU. For this reason, Togekiss is my favourite Fairy-type.

What's your opinion towards the Fairy-type in battle?: With an immunity to what is otherwise the best offensive typing in the game and weaknesses to only two relatively mediocre offensive typings, there's a lot to love about the Fairy-type. Decent standalone coverage (outside of ORAS Ubers) which takes on many types that are otherwise exceedingly annoying to face is great, too. The Fire-, Poison- and Steel-type Pokemon that resist Fairy-type moves can usually be taken down with Hidden Power Ground, or Earth Power / Earthquake if your Fairy-type has a movepool deeper than a spa. Just watch out for Bronzong, Weezing and Amoonguss in RU. Annoying buggers.

Years
  • Oh hey awesome to see two battle server mods join our club! You've both been accepted now.

@Aurora: True stuff there, it is great how amazing Togekiss has shown itself on a competitive level, and having immunity to both of Garchomp's STABs means it often has to rely on unconventional methods here. Hidden Power Ground is also a typical icing on the cake to Fairy-type movesets due to their high special stats and the fact all the types that resist Fairy are weak to Ground.

@Sweep: Interesting stuff there about Spritzee in LC play, I never knew it was such a beast in that tier. But then again, having Aroma Veil allows to to get protected from some annoying moves like Taunt and Attract so that at least helps it.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • What if Fairy-type existed in Gen I?

Aside from Hikamaru's opinion (or fact), I would imagine that Fairy would be a pointless type. I mean, why make a type whose only purpose is to nerf dragons, when there were only three Dragon-types and one Dragon-type move? And that move doesn't even apply the normal damage formula.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    What if Fairy-type existed in Gen I?

Aside from Hikamaru's opinion (or fact), I would imagine that Fairy would be a pointless type. I mean, why make a type whose only purpose is to nerf dragons, when there were only three Dragon-types and one Dragon-type move? And that move doesn't even apply the normal damage formula.

Rather than saying they exist to punish the Dragon-types, I say they appear to round the (competitive) battle scene. Don't forget the fact that there are four other types, namely the Dark, the Fighting, the Poison and the Steel-types who are affected by the glittery type. (:

Moving on to a new topic:
    So far the Fairy-type moves are almost exclusive to the Special category and Status category. Should we see more additions of the said categories? Conversely and similarly, we are lacking of a Physical Fairy-type move. To be exact, we have only one, Play Rough. If they were to introduce more Physical Fairy moves, what effects should these moves have?

Killua

Hmmmm it should be both onde with good pp and power (like wing attack) one with great damage but loss of status, (like superpower) and one with decent power and crit chance (like slash) that a lot of pokes can learn.

Adam Levine

Years
  • Only one Physical Fairy move. I guess the next one would be a tough move to make, considering the fact that there are also a relatively few amount of Physical Psychic and Special Fighting moves.

But I suggest the new move could involve claws or fangs in some way. Maybe even the belly could work (Am I kidding?), so there could be another move most Pokémon could benefit from, like Granbull, Azumarill, and Wigglytuff.

Oh, I also realized there's only one Fairy-type TM. We should probably add more Fairy moves like Play Rough and Moonblast.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hmmmm it should be both onde with good pp and power (like wing attack) one with great damage but loss of status, (like superpower) and one with decent power and crit chance (like slash) that a lot of pokes can learn.

Only one Physical Fairy move. I guess the next one would be a tough move to make, considering the fact that there are also a relatively few amount of Physical Psychic and Special Fighting moves.

But I suggest the new move could involve claws or fangs in some way. Maybe even the belly could work (Am I kidding?), so there could be another move most Pokémon could benefit from, like Granbull, Azumarill, and Wigglytuff.

Oh, I also realized there's only one Fairy-type TM. We should probably add more Fairy moves like Play Rough and Moonblast.

Something like Glitter Slap (a Fairy variant of Wake-Up Slap), Fairy Wing (a variant of Seed Bomb or Wing Attack) or even Sparkling Dash (a variant of Double-edge and Brave Bird) would work too.

I'd love to see Moonblast as a TM move, Togekiss really needs that move tbh.

Years
  • Remember the Fairy-type is still new, which is why not many moves exist for it yet. I'm sure the movepool will be expanded greatly when 7th Gen gets released.

Adam Levine

Years
  • Let's all hope Eternal Flower Floette gets released as well. I don't know why we should...Light of Ruin?

Adam Levine

Years
  • Which Fairy type Pokemon do you find to be the best battler?

Whimsicott isn't a great battler, but good for status effects.

However, the two Fairies I think deserve this title are Mega Gardevoir and Azumarill. The former can spam Hyper Voice all it wants, and the latter can kill anything with Aqua Jet, though for this to work you should use one turn and lose half your HP.

Many other Fairies aren't as great, but still great in the metagame, like Klefki, Mawile, and Granbull.

Years
  • However, the two Fairies I think deserve this title are Mega Gardevoir and Azumarill. The former can spam Hyper Voice all it wants, and the latter can kill anything with Aqua Jet, though for this to work you should use one turn and lose half your HP.

Many other Fairies aren't as great, but still great in the metagame, like Klefki, Mawile, and Granbull.

Ah yes Azumarill was practically a case of getting buffed with every new generation. I feel like the changes it got in previous generations was all part of a set-up to make it the cutest boss to ever grace the competitive scene, and we have the Fairy-type to thank for it.

Mawile is definitely one who quite rose fast, with the Mega being so strong it was banned to Ubers. Hard to believe that before 6th Gen it was so lowly as far as tiers were concerned. Klefki, which shares the same type combination, plays more on the defensive side which I guess is a counterpart to Mawile mainly being an attacker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back