• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

👹Coldness Lies Here👹 ~ A Ghost type Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Which Ghost-type Pokémon has the most Creepiest Pokédex entry?

That's honestly pretty hard to say! Ghost types are meant to have some of the more sinister backstories but to name some:

Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry - Yanmask, Pokemon Black

It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing.

Also Banette's which goes along the lines of it being a discarded and vengeful doll! A bit less scary than the thought of using a dead human or mummy as a pokemon but certainly creepy nonetheless. I'm sure I've missed some other ones though.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Which Ghost-type Pokémon has the most Creepiest Pokédex entry?

Drifbloon, check this out
    It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing.
    These Pokémon are called the "Signpost for Wandering Spirits." Children holding them sometimes vanish.
    I'd say it's a strong contendor

Really Creepy, But do you notice one Thing that Drifloon scare and take only Children's?(I feel sorry for them)

Which Ghost-type Pokémon has the most Creepiest Pokédex entry?
    Dusclops.

Dusclops's body is completely hollow - there is nothing at all inside. It is said that its body is like a black hole. This Pokémon will absorb anything into its body, but nothing will ever come back out

I think Dusclops acts like a Everything Absorber....that makes me feel sometimes that Ghost type Pokemon are full of Creepiness and Terror.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2015
    Username: Leader Nyx
    Partner Pokémon: Sableye
    Reason for Joining: I have always liked Ghost Pokémon, and just now found PC!
    Answer to the Current Topic: I think that Haunter has one of the creepiest entries. "If you get the feeling of being watched in darkness when nobody is around, Haunter is there."

Return

Years
  • Username: Leader Nyx
    Partner Pokémon: Sableye
    Reason for Joining: I have always liked Ghost Pokémon, and just now found PC!
    Answer to the Current Topic: I think that Haunter has one of the creepiest entries. "If you get the feeling of being watched in darkness when nobody is around, Haunter is there."

Sableye is very Popular i admit though, :D Anyways i will add you asap.

Time for a Next Topic:

Which is your Favorite Ghost Gym Leader/Elite Four Member? Why?

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2015
    Phoebe, cause she's just so happy! Also, in ORAS, there's a mysterious figure that sometimes appears around her...

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • I've gotta say Morty. And honestly, it's only because he's been the easiest Ghost user for me to beat. I pretty much solo'd his Gym with the Togepi you hatch in HG/SS, using its Extrasensory to OHKO all his Pokemon.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Which is your Favorite Ghost Gym Leader/Elite Four Member? Why?

Morty for sure, I love how he is in tune with the events going on in Ecruteak along with being the Gym Leader.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

Phoebe! I don't remember much of the ghost type trainers but she's the first one to come to mind. I always found it rather strange that she dressed like she was going to a tropical island but that made her a lot memorable for me, haha. Her team is super cool too since she gets to use pokemon like Mega Sableye and Banette.

Honestly didn't really like Morty that much though! I didn't like his personality nor dealing with his Gengar's hypnosis but he's pretty okay otherwise. :]

Years
  • Which is your Favorite Ghost Gym Leader/Elite Four Member? Why?

Phoebe, most of what I would say has already been said. Her character is amazing, her personality is fun, but, there's still a bit of mystery surrounding her.

Oh, and also the ghost girl in her elite four room.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Username: TwilightBlade
    Partner Pokemon: Pumpkaboo
    Reason for Joining: Ghost types are really rare, mysterious, powerful, and often cute! I enjoy each moment that I happen to use one. :D
    Answer the Current Topic!:
    I have to go with Phoebe because her outfit and demeanor are so bright and uplifting. She's always the most memorable ghost master to me because she's not what you expected a ghost master trainer to be like. I love how she has roots in Mt. Pyre as well.

Also, I'm donating these userbars for anyone's use:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Return

Years
  • Username: TwilightBlade
    Partner Pokemon: Pumpkaboo
    Reason for Joining: Ghost types are really rare, mysterious, powerful, and often cute! I enjoy each moment that I happen to use one. :D
    Answer the Current Topic!:
    I have to go with Phoebe because her outfit and demeanor are so bright and uplifting. She's always the most memorable ghost master to me because she's not what you expected a ghost master trainer to be like. I love how she has roots in Mt. Pyre as well.

Also, I'm donating these userbars for anyone's use:

Late to this, sorry :( Anyways Highly thanks for Donating Userbars! :) Phoebe wow Such one of the famous Ghost gym leader(Morty also). But the main part i like is Her strategy is to confuse and confound trainers Pokemon to Identify the Pokemon which she find undesirable :)

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • Username: kebab defender
    Partner Pokemon: Shedinja

Reason for Joining: Ghost-types are my favorite type. I want to see others ghost type fans and discussions too.

What is your Favorite Ghost Type Pokemon? and Why?
    My favorite Ghost type pokémon is Gengar. Since I saw it in first game I played, it's my favorite pokemon ever. I think design and origin of Gengar is very interesting. It is also strong and very funny moveset and attacks to use in battles. Its bad smile on its face is also so cool and attractfull.

What is your Favorite Ghost Type attack? and Why?
    Destiny Bond. Because even if I was failed in battle, you shall not win neither. >:)

Years
  • I don't remember answering this since it's been a while that I last posted here but whatever.

For me, it'd be Shauntal of Unova's Elite Four. I really love her design and the theme with her in that she writes books, plus she has a team full of really powerful Ghost-types, with some of my faves in there like Jellicent, Chandelure and Drifblim.

Return

Years
  • Username: kebab defender
    Partner Pokemon: Shedinja

Reason for Joining: Ghost-types are my favorite type. I want to see others ghost type fans and discussions too.

My favorite Ghost type pokémon is Gengar. Since I saw it in first game I played, it's my favorite pokemon ever. I think design and origin of Gengar is very interesting. It is also strong and very funny moveset and attacks to use in battles. Its bad smile on its face is also so cool and attractfull.

Destiny Bond. Because even if I was failed in battle, you shall not win neither. >:)

Nice Choice! You are the first one to choose Shedinja.Gengar? Yeah This Ghost Pokemon is very much popular in gameplays like its powerful attacks haha.Bad Smile no it is Sweet smile it makes him more decent and powerful :p

I think Past topic gained a little bit success anyways Time for a New Topic:

Do you think There are enough Ghost type Pokemons around? If Yes then Why? And If not, Which Other types do you want to see paired with Ghost type?

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • Do you think There are enough Ghost type Pokemons around? If Yes then Why? And If not, Which Other types do you want to see paired with Ghost type?

I think there enough Ghost type Pokémon so far. Yeah, my favorite type is ghost but I wouldn't like to see too much ghost type though. I think being few makes them more worthy and attractfull.
    However, there could be more strong ghost type pokemon. I mean there would be great if we see 2 or 3 more pokemon in OU tier. But whatever happens, ghost types are still best! :t092:

Years
  • Do you think There are enough Ghost type Pokemons around? If Yes then Why? And If not, Which Other types do you want to see paired with Ghost type?

More Ghost pokemon would be nice, but I don't really want too much in the games. One of the main aspects of Ghost pokemon is that they're should tucked away in mountains or abandoned houses, and there's usually only one abandoned house in a pokemon game, and a few mountains. Although I would like to see Ghost be paired up with a lot of different types, such as; Ghost/Water, Ghost/Rock, Ghost/Bug and Ghost/Flying, among others.

HollowGap!

<insert title here>
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    Yo, I'm new here. Count me in!

Username:
    HollowGap

Partner Pokemon:
    Mismagius

Reason for Joining:
    Because why not?

Mismagius; mostly because it has an awesome witch hat. Also, if you spell it's index number, 429, you get a lucky word "Fortuna".

Thunder Wave + Hex Mismagius set works for me.

To get on-topic, I'd say there are enough number of ghost species. We need bulkier ones, though.

Return

Years

More Ghost pokemon would be nice, but I don't really want too much in the games. One of the main aspects of Ghost pokemon is that they're should tucked away in mountains or abandoned houses, and there's usually only one abandoned house in a pokemon game, and a few mountains. Although I would like to see Ghost be paired up with a lot of different types, such as; Ghost/Water, Ghost/Rock, Ghost/Bug and Ghost/Flying, among others.

If ghost type will become paired with other types, it will increase the chances of Mega evolve for Ghost types, since Only two or three ghost types can mega evolve ;'(

I think there enough Ghost type Pokémon so far. Yeah, my favorite type is ghost but I wouldn't like to see too much ghost type though. I think being few makes them more worthy and attractfull.
    However, there could be more strong ghost type pokemon. I mean there would be great if we see 2 or 3 more pokemon in OU tier. But whatever happens, ghost types are still best! :t092:

Agreed! But, I still considered to have more ghost type because Most of the Ghost types are surely suppressed by dual types(Ghost/Poison most probably) so it would be better to have Single Ghost types Don't you think? :)

Yo, I'm new here. Count me in!

Username:
    HollowGap
    Partner Pokemon:
    Mismagius

Reason for Joining:
    Because why not?

Mismagius; mostly because it has an awesome witch hat. Also, if you spell it's index number, 429, you get a lucky word "Fortuna".

Thunder Wave + Hex Mismagius set works for me.

To get on-topic, I'd say there are enough number of ghost species. We need bulkier ones, though.

I'm late to this :P Anyways Welcome! Mismagius? I even didn't know that spinning it will give us a new word Fortuna :p it is more like a Fortune Teller haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back