• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2 Pics of The Gold and Silver Versions Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2012

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
    Years
  • "It seems that Nintendo are trying there best to get old pokemon fans back up to date with there latest edition of a remake. Yes it's the one that all fans have been waiting for a long time the beloved Gold & Silver! Although I do not think that there has been an official announcement by Nintendo (There may have been) the box art looks very genuine! But this may not be true because the box art was released very quickly so please don't see this as an official announcement as this may just be a fake but I bet my money that its probably true.
    About the game: the remake will be on Nintendo DS and will feature the loved Nintendo Wi-Fi System. Well that's all we know so far but like a have previously stated this may be just a fake so pleased lets not get hyped about this until Nintendo announce its true

Nightshade Over And Out
    "

this was from Pokemon Palace Network

Years
  • Holy crap if this is real then I'm definitely getting that when it's out in english! I'm thinking Nintendo is milking as much money out of this as possible again XD

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • It looks as though if these are real, we could see them coming out next christmas for NORTH AMERICA...

DarkDragonite12

Inner Focus Boi!!!
    Years
  • The cover(s) do look amazing. If so, I'm getting the Ho-Oh edition. And I hope that if they are true, you will be able to trade with D/P. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...I doubt this is real. First off, the box covers up top are just...blech. I mean, at least for FR/LG they added a bit more than that. And, if I'm matching the characters right, the titles just say "Pokemon Gold" and "Pokemon Silver". I'm pretty sure that, if Nintendo were to remake those games, they would edit the titles somehow *once again points to FR/LG*.

The second picture, however, suggests otherwise...but it still seems fake. "Professor Elm" looks like he's wearing a flower or something on his head. Of course, I could easily be wrong on that one, and if it turns out to be true I will be as happy as anyone...but I just don't think they would reveal it like this.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • Finally! I saw these screens like 2 months ago in Zel's Shiny Gold thread, but since he deleted them from his thread, I probably sounded like a raving lunatic with no proof. But now here they are, in all their glory.

Now who's laughing? :laugh:

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ...I doubt this is real. First off, the box covers up top are just...blech. I mean, at least for FR/LG they added a bit more than that. And, if I'm matching the characters right, the titles just say "Pokemon Gold" and "Pokemon Silver". I'm pretty sure that, if Nintendo were to remake those games, they would edit the titles somehow *once again points to FR/LG*.

That is wrong. Since G/S/C Nintendo has used Katakana characters because the names (FireRed, LeafGreen) had no direct relation to the Japanese language. So it's entirely possible that they can use Kanji (symbols) as names for the games.

But until now, I consider this absolutely fake. One thing that shows this off is that it says "Nanakamado" in the screenshot. Nanakamado is the Sinnoh professor (Rowan), not Elm.

But yeah, like Ichaste said, the boxart seems a little too bland as well. I'm waiting for a press release until somebody goes shouting about this around the fandom.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2007
    (Thought it would be great) I also think it's totally fake.
    Box-art like that isn't the usual style you see. And I can't read Japanese so I should believe what wakachamo says.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    That is wrong. Since G/S/C Nintendo has used Katakana characters because the names (FireRed, LeafGreen) had no direct relation to the Japanese language. So it's entirely possible that they can use Kanji (symbols) as names for the games.

...Not...quite what I meant. I was referring to a name change (I.E., Red to FireRed & Green to LeafGreen), not to how the names were written.

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
    Years
  • :disappoinBummer:disappoin. I was realy hoping for this one. Since Ru/Sa/Em and FR/LG don't have day- and nighttime feature, like Diamond and Pearl, I was completely overjoyd when i heard this 'news'. But now I've gotta stick with Zel's ShinyGold (not that I'm not enyoing it, I simply love it ;))

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I took one look at the Gold Version box and saw the kanji for "Gold." Ichaste Pekoni spoke exactly what I thought: they should change the name for a remake, like they added Fire to Red and Leaf to Green. And I personally don't like the boxarts, I think they're ugly.

I would be all for it if it were real, but it's just so...fake :(

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    The picture of Elm, the antoginist and the rival on the bottom is distorted, the picture behind Chikoritas leaf is identical to the D/P touch screen item menu, the text makes no sense, this is coming from someone who has 30 post and no reliable source, and the page to Pokemon Millenium doesn't work nor exist...

Hmm...

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • Here's a reason this is most likely fake: Aside from starters and legendaries, you can get every G/S/C Pokemon in Sinnoh.

Another hint at the fake-ness: The box art isn't a sugimori picture, but rather monochromatic versions of the Pokemon Stadium 2 intro

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Exactly what needs to be made, but as mentioned several times, this is seriously fake. Nintendo and GameFreak NEVER reveal the boxart before any other aspect of the game (new features, updated/redesigned locations, etc.), and they certainly will at least make an official announcement of its development before they show anything else about the game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Everyday before going to bed I look up to the sky and ask GOD:
    "Please, make a Pokémon 2ª Gen Remake."
    So, now, I ask:
    "GOD! IS THAT YOU?"

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • There is no commercial reasons to release them... FRLG is believable back then because it is to celebrate 10 years of Pokemon, so it makes sense if they remake what they originally started with. Also, RS was in the 202 era back then. People see all 386, but only got 202, so it has always been a mystery to unlock all the others.

If DP cannot trade with the older versions, then perhaps GS remake is possible... but right now, we got every single Pokemon except the "mew-like" Pokemon which are almost always reserved for nintendo events anyway...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back