• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2016 US Presidential Elections Thread [Trump Wins]

Years
  • Well done America, you will find out what a huge mistake you made by electing what is going your country's worst-ever President.

I would actually debate this statement at another time in length, so I'll be brief.

Many a historian would disagree with you and say James Buchanan was the worst of the worst. Others would argue adding a $7T to country's already staggering debt would be a slight misstep. *shrug* Not to mention Nixon, Reagan, Grant, Pierce, and Harding.

It's also hard to judge and predict the future, unless you're clairvoyant . . . you. . . aren't, are you? *worries*

Sir Codin

What I just saw was the ignoble end of any reason to ever again believe in the United States.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    Just.. Ugh. There's hope in seeing the "i told you so" when he bumbles into the oval office with no plan and wrecks the country, but it's immediatly dashed by the very real fears currently had by just about every minority right now.

A trump presidency is going to be a regressive presidency. How do you go from Obama and his amazing reforms to what, not even the polar opposite, just... whatever he is. He will fix nothing, he's told you all as much through his policies and words, and even actions

What is this actual nonsense, I'm sure someone else like snopes can nail down facts about this but... what? "These two high profile figures kidnapped a child for no reason" is something spewn from the onion, not people trying to look reputable

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Trump made it! Clinton did her best and mainstream media was on her side but in the end, she just couldn't stump the Trump.

Last edited:

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I wrote this on another forum, and it still holds true:

As an Australian who's been watching this since the first polls closed this morning, I'm dumbstruck. I had a feeling he was going to win when he assumed the lead in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina and Florida fairly early into the vote counting, but none of this makes it any less shocking.

Goodness me.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • What is this actual nonsense, I'm sure someone else like snopes can nail down facts about this but... what? "These two high profile figures kidnapped a child for no reason" is something spewn from the onion, not people trying to look reputable
    "They

are part of Clintons campaign, they must be pure!"

Get real. I would NEVER put it past ANY politician to do such things. The amount of dominance that comes through such an act would appeal to such corrupt people.

Snopes? Like, srsly? "Well, if the one source that is biased to my cause dishes out the dirt, then MAYBE it is true."

I'd like to refine my point about about globalism and add another point which occurred to me from all the butthurt about Trump winning.

A huge problem that people outside of this country have with a Trump presidency is how this will effect them and their lives. In reality, your countries should be independent of the USA for basic needs like food, water, shelter, etc. We now have to deal with what is in my eyes an internal matter, that really doesn't concern anyone outside of the USA. However, you all keep crying about how shillary should be president, etc, etc. That is due, in a very large part, to globalism.

I'm fine with treating your neighbor fairly and with respect and all, but when you start relying on what your neighbor makes in income, you have some real problems. Instead of touting globalism, you should all get your shit together before relying on another country.

I understand how we are currently intertwined, but you are all the people of your own countries, and should figure out how to be self reliant before worrying about an election a few thousand miles away.

Last edited:
    Years
  • A huge problem that people outside of this country have with a Trump presidency is how this will effect them and their lives. In reality, your countries should be independent of the USA for basic needs like food, water, shelter, etc. We now have to deal with what is in my eyes an internal matter, that really doesn't concern anyone outside of the USA. However, you all keep crying about how shillary should be president, etc, etc. That is due, in a very large part, to globalism.

I'm fine with treating your neighbor fairly and with respect and all, but when you start relying on what your neighbor makes in income, you have some real problems. Instead of touting globalism, you should all get your shit together before relying on another country.

I understand how we are currently intertwined, but you are all the people of your own countries, and should figure out how to be self reliant before worrying about an election a few thousand miles away.

You don't know very much about globalism. Globalism is not one country having a huge effect over everyone, globalism is about unity and equality. This is not about globalism. This is about US interventionism.

The US has a long culture of getting involved with foreign politics and strong-arming its way into global politics. The reason other countries are so linked to the US is largely because the US has forced itself onto them during periods of war or political unrest like WW2, the Gulf Wars or the Vietnam and Korean Wars.

As for most of us, this has nothing to do with "food and shelter". This has a lot to do with the changes in the balance of power and the global economy that the Trump presidency is extremely likely to bring. This is going to be a very unruly, unpredictable and dangerous time politically. You keep talking like the rest of the world don't have to worry about this but you're completely wrong. This was the American election but when superpowers undergo drastic political change it effects the whole world because of political alliances and antagonisms that couldn't exist in a truly globalist society.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I suspect a Trump presidency might end up being extremely boring in retrospect, though I can't really predict the future. It's extremely likely he won't do extremely unwise things. He probably will be kept in check by other people and the world...

Am I too optimistic?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Who would've thought that it'd be a bad idea to promote the face of pro-establishment policies in a heavily anti-establishment atmosphere?

I wouldn't put too much stock in a rumor that's tied in with spirit cooking and a child sex ring.

I suspect a Trump presidency might end up being extremely boring in retrospect, though I can't really predict the future. It's extremely likely he won't do extremely unwise things. He probably will be kept in check by other people and the world...

Am I too optimistic?

Donald Trump isn't going to be building gulags for the minorities, but he won't be kept in check. Republicans are the majority in the Senate and House, and many politicians are too spineless to go against their party's best interest, so Republicans are in the perfect position to pass whatever bills they want with little trouble. They'll also inevitably fill the empty Supreme Court seat with one of their own.

Last edited:

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • I suspect a Trump presidency might end up being extremely boring in retrospect, though I can't really predict the future. It's extremely likely he won't do extremely unwise things. He probably will be kept in check by other people and the world...

Am I too optimistic?

No, that's not far off. Everyone keeps freaking out over the second coming of Hitler, but I think he'll probably not do much, or be somewhat boring. He will also be checked by the other balances.

TRUMP WON????? SHIT, THAT DICK NOW RUNS THE US?
    No, he does not run the US, yet. January he will.

Luck does have a point. Let's see how things go, all we need to do is wait till January.

Americans, what will you do to prepare. I feel things are a brewing, so I'm going to learn self defense.

Sorry about the double post,x on mobile and it takes a long time to edit old posts and merge.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    I am so proud of the American people at this result, that they've seen through all the lies and media manipulation. It's time to end political correctness, unchecked immigration and globalisation. To the people that opposed Trump, this is your own fault. You created your own boogeyman by continually denigrating in particular the white working class with buzzwords like racist, sexist, islamophobic, bigot etc... If you sling out serious words as insults at the slightest sign of disagreement people will go silent and wait for their time to strike down those who stifle their freedom

You were literally banned from this forum for being racist at one point my man, I need to put this out here before people try and swallow your garbage

"They

are part of Clintons campaign, they must be pure!"

Get real. I would NEVER put it past ANY politician to do such things. The amount of dominance that comes through such an act would appeal to such corrupt people.

Snopes? Like, srsly? "Well, if the one source that is biased to my cause dishes out the dirt, then MAYBE it is true."

Ah yes, a major and reputable fact checker, what a fraud!!!! I disagree with them so they're all fake liars!!!

Anyway, the idea two random rich guys would kidnap a child for no conceivable reason, with the only evidence being that they were in the same country as the kidnapping during the time it occurred (And honestly, the source is just reddit, it's not even likely to 100% be true) is baffling to me. Why not blame the country's leader? He was there, too

I
    'd like to refine my point about about globalism and add another point which occurred to me from all the butthurt about Trump winning.

A huge problem that people outside of this country have with a Trump presidency is how this will effect them and their lives. In reality, your countries should be independent of the USA for basic needs like food, water, shelter, etc. We now have to deal with what is in my eyes an internal matter, that really doesn't concern anyone outside of the USA. However, you all keep crying about how shillary should be president, etc, etc. That is due, in a very large part, to globalism.

I'm fine with treating your neighbor fairly and with respect and all, but when you start relying on what your neighbor makes in income, you have some real problems. Instead of touting globalism, you should all get your **** together before relying on another country.

I have no idea what you're talking about here on globalism, if you think that America's economy crumbling shouldn't have any effect on any other country I don't know what to say to you other than "What?"

Not to mention that i don't think anyone is talking about the economic effects being the major worries anyway? They're valid concerns, but people are worried about Trump's rhetoric- the unacceptable xenophobia, homophobia, and racism- that's legitimised now.

I don't know how it wouldn't sink in to you that Trump has legitimised racism, homophobia and xenophobia in the west and beyond. This will have a direct impact on me, my country and my life. Right-wing politicians already hold a leash around the Prime Minister's neck and they're only empowered by this election- they're made stronger, their views legitimised and this is nothing beyond bad.

With a country calling for marriage equality held in check, only just, by these people now, and xenophobia allowed to flair up- what about in a Trump controlled world? They're going to be more powerful, they're going to feel legitimised. They're going to use this power, and it's going to suck, a lot.

Don't give me "anti-trump whining" when people are making valid complaints about his policies of bigotry and nothingness, and people are geuninly fearing for their safety. Don't give me "Butthurt trump whining" when the bad decision of the US voter base will not only hurt themself, hurt their most vulnerable, but hurt me and others in other countries. And even then, not only will it be a damage with foreign diplomacy and trade- it's going to be damage to my country from the inside by people powered up by Trump.

Maybe you can sit back and pretend that none of this matters (Because even if you're not a member of a minority, Trump's incompetence and lack of vision, with Pence's vile rhetoric on top) WILL bite you regardless

Last edited:

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    As a minority living in a small town made up mostly of minorities near the US-Mexico border, I wonder how long it'll be before Trump Tanks begin rolling down our streets and troops start forcing us to help build The Wall. I'm afraid we'll have to do it or else we'll be deported.. or gunned down. :kec:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Congratulations, America!

I honestly didn't think you had the balls.

I don't think that's the best way to address someone who just committed suicide.

No, that's not far off. Everyone keeps freaking out over the second coming of Hitler, but I think he'll probably not do much, or be somewhat boring. He will also be checked by the other balances.

By whom? The Republican House? The Republican Senate? The Supreme Court he'll pack with hyperconservatives?

Back