• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] 2022 Gaming Challenge

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I'm............. having a very slow year. (It's been more of a manga year than a gaming year, I think.)

January
    - Pokémon Brilliant Diamond - Jan 23
    February
    - Heaven's Vault - Feb 16

Total: 2/20

All I have managed to beat thus far are my games for the gaming-along challenge, oops!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Legends Arceus 2/15. Full dex, all sidequests, calling it a day.

Can I finish Great Ace Attorney before it's Kirby time? Let's hope so.

Years
  • I beat Cynthia and saw credits so I'm calling Shining Pearl finished, even though I'm not technically done done with the post-game yet

1/7 games done so far

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • To answer the question in my game journal's title: "Will Lycan actually finish games in 2022?" Yes, he will. With Ori and the Will of the Wisps beaten, that's one game down! :D

My experiences with the game are recorded in my journal: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5].

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen yesterday
    Posted this in the Game Along accidentally whoops (I was on phone LOL)

But yeah I completed Apollo Justice. Might try Ace Attorney Investigations next.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • On the same vein, I just beat The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.

Now what to do until Kirby...

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
  • Okay, definitely not wrapping anything up tomorrow lol so I will do my update today.

March
    - Chrono Trigger - March 10
    - Donut Country - March 13
    - World's End Club - March 20
    - Pokémon Legends Arceus - March 27

Total: 6/20

I'm no longer beating just one game a month, look at me go! (I finally knocked a few ongoing games I've been playing for weeks off my list.)

Years
  • March
    I finally took a break from gaming. I barely had any free time left anyway. But at least I'm almost finished with the reconstructions of my new home. Anyway, gaming-wise, this was pretty poor month. Gobliins is an older series and it didn't age well. While I somewhat enjoy old 90s P&C adventures and had fun with the first game in the series, I feel like the second and third game took whacky humor and crazy difficulty too far and especially the third one wasn't fun at all. The last game was weird. It lost all charm of the previous games, looks ugly and was boring for most parts. Which was a shame, because the world and characters that were presented in the first two games were interesting. Then, I've played As Far As The Eye, which was surpisingly deep, complex and unique rogue-like strategy. And I had a lot of fun with it. Sadly, I beat the game with every clan pretty quickly and there wasn't much to do after that.

Games beaten this month:
    Gobliiins 4 Platinum (2009, P&C Adventure, PC, 8.3 h, 6.5)
    As Far As The Eye (2020, Rogue-like/TBS, PC, 15.4 h, 9)

[9/25]

For the next month, I initially wanted to play Titan Quest, but in the end, I decided to play Baldur's Gate instead.

Last edited:
    Years
  • April
    Okay, this month turned out to be a lot better than what I initially expected. I'm still not sure what to think of Baldur's Gate. On one hand, it had amazing and complex set of rules based on old D&D rules, which was fun to experiment with, but on the other hand, everything else about the game was weak, even when compared with games that came shortly before after it. Great tech demo, but not much else. After that, I finally returned to Dark Souls series and started the third one. And I love it. It's thankfully based on the first game. To not get burned out of it, I decided to switch to some other games in a meantime. I played The Artful Escape and A Short Hike and both of them were amazing. Both had an unique premise or introduced a nice twist to established genres. Both, well all three with Dark Souls 3, are candidates to be the best games I've played this year.

Games beaten this month:
    Baldur's Gate: Enchanted Edition (2012, CRPG, PC, 16.5 h, 7)
    The Artful Escape (2021, Platform, PC, 3.6 h, 9.5)
    A Short Hike (2019, Adventure, PC, 1.5 h, 9.5)

[12/25]

I will continue playing Dark Souls 3 in May, alongside some boomer shooter and probably even more indie gems. I also wanted to buy something new on Switch, since I don't think I'll finish Octopath Traveler. It's an uninteresting slog. I haven't even unlock all characters yet and it already feels like I've seemed everything the game has to offer. And I can't say I enjoy it. I might return to 3D All-Stars collection to beat Sunshine or buy something completely new.

Years
  • Finished Night in the Woods so that puts me a third of the way through my games. Should finish Cyber sleuth in the coming month too so I'm on track to meet my goal.

Years
  • May
    May was pretty simple month. I've mostly played Dark Souls 3. I love it and can't wait to play Elden Ring. But I have to admit that DLC bosses are owning me big time. Other than that, I've played Henry Stickmin and enjoyed it as a journey to the not-so-distant past. Cool references to pop-culture. And finally SUPERHOT, which was a little bit disappoiting, but also super short, so it had no time to get worse.

Games beaten this month:
    The Henry Stickmin Collection (2020, Adventure, PC, 4 h, 8)
    Dark Souls 3 (2016, Souls-like, PC, 29.1 h, 9.5)
    SUPERHOT (2016, FPS/Puzzle, PC, 1.9 h, 7)

[15/25]

Not sure about what I want to play in June. I have few new games on Switch, but I don't feel like I can give them enough attention I would like to. So I returned back to MH:Rise that I can just pick up or put down whenever I need. On PC, I would like to play Project Warlock and some more indie gems from the last year like Road 96, Before Your Eyes and Chicory: A Colorful Tale. Plus I have to pick a game fro Game-Along. There are few games that comes on mind, so it will take me some time to decide which one I want to play.

Years
  • June
    I got a huge PC upgrade this month. I finally let go of my 1080 and got 3090ti. And I also got new CPU and pretty much every component. Should make playing newer titles a lot better. Otherwise, I didn't play much. I wrapped up Loop Hero, which had cool concept, but felt more like a chore than a game after some time. Before Your Eyes was fantastic. One of the best games I've played this year. And finally, I had a movie night and played Man of Medan. It wasn't anything worldbreaking, but I had fun watching/playing it. Other than that, I had to test my new PC and started Kingdom Come: Deliverence on Hardcore with all negative perks, but I don't think I will be continuing with it. It's fun and one of my favourite RPG, but I don't feel like playing it further. And I've been playing more MH:Rise. I'll buy the DLC soon. And I've started Hades on Switch at the end of the month. I got to the first boss in about 6 runs, so I think I will finish it this month.

Games beaten this month:
    Loop Hero (2021, Roguelite, Switch, 31.1 h, 8)
    Before Your Eyes (2021, Adventure, PC, 2.2 h, 9.5)
    The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (2019, Interactive movie, PC, 5.6 h, 6.5)

[18/25]

For July, I will have more free time, so I expect to play more games. I have started playing Elden Ring and love it. Not sure if I'll finish it this month, but it will be my main focus. I'll also play more Hades and hopefully finish it. I would also like to play Road 96 than I didn't touch last month.

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen yesterday
    So while I was gone I completed a bunch of games (5 to be exact, not counting Apollo Justice which has already been updated here!)
    1. Death Palette
    2. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: 2nd Edition
    3. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
    4. Corpse Party
    5. F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

Cherrim

Years
  • wtf I'm really slacking on updating this thread this year....

April - July
    - Rusty Lake Hotel
    - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    - Tangle Tower
    - Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
    - Assemble
    - 7 Billion Humans

Total: 12/20

I can't even remember if there were others.................

Years
  • July
    July was great. I spent majority of it playing Elden Ring and while I enjoyed it, I feel like the open-world aspect hurt the game more that it helped it. But the main locations, bosses and lore were top-tier. About 2/3 of my progression of the game, I started feeling a little burned out, so I switched to Opus Magnum for few days. It was great brain teaser and was nice way to relax. And finally, I also played Hades on Switch. It was cool rogue-lite game, a little bit short, but I had my fill. I might return to it in a month or two to see the postgame.

Games beaten this month:
    Opus Magnum (2017, Puzzle, PC, 12.1 h, 8)
    Elden Ring (2022, Souls-like, PC, 56.3 h, 9)
    Hades (2020, Rogue-lite, PC, 32.7 h, 8.5)

[21/25]

For August, I don't really have a plan on what to play. Road 96 is still on the menu, but not really a priority now. I put few games in this month's Game-Along that I would like to try this month, so let's see what I get from that. I bought Someday You'll Return back in October, so I think it's finally time to play it. For a while, I've been having Monster Tamer genre itch, so I brought Digimon Survive and Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD on Switch, to help me scratch this itch. And finally, I got my hands on Pokémon Shield for pretty good price of 15€. I wonder if it was still overpriced.

Years
  • August
    I did as I said last time and actually for once managed to finish all games I wanted to finish. And more. I started with Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD, but since it's long game with boring grinding, I had to take breaks from time to time and play something else. That else was Someday You'll Return, which wasn't really that good as I expected it. And it was also fairly long and overstayed it's welcome by a lot. Like cut this game in a third of the original and it would be fun 6 hours experience. Then, I realized Cult of the Lamb was about to be released, and since it's one of few games I was looking forward this year, I bought it and finished it in few sittings. It's one of the best rogue-lite games I've ever played and it used my favourite theme of cosmic horror and old gods. Can't wait for new content. And finally, after months of postponing it, I played Road 96. Cool game, where the concept of randomness led to actually fun gameplay. So yeah, this month was great.

Games beaten this month:
    Someday You'll Return (2020, Adventure, PC, 12.1 h, 7)
    Cult of the Lamb (2022, Rogue-lite, PC, 13.2 h, 9.5)
    Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster (2021, JRPG, Switch, 26.7 h, 7.5)
    Road 96 (2021, Adventure, PC, 9.5 h, 8)

[25/25]

For September, I'm still thinking about what to play. I still have Digimon Survive, which I would like to play this month. I also recently talked about Dark Messiah of Might & Magic and other Arkane Studios games, so now I have Arx Fatalis installed. Oh and another game from my watchlist is going to be released today - Restless Soul, which should be a short game. I could also play Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night if I have a spare time.

Back